Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,971,859 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter. Ned Lamont is EASILY leading in the polls by 12.5 points on average! All of my bets are on Lamont easily winning, much of which is due to the Trump effect!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...mont-6577.html

Old 09-17-2018, 07:00 PM

34,081 posts, read 17,134,198 times
Gravis poll will be the best to use-as they wisely query only likely voters.

I suspect Lamont wins, but it drops to 3 or 4 max by end, as Malloy has harmed the party brand.

Worst still, Lamont will further harm our business ranking, so I do not expect Ct to be anywhere near US job growth levels for many years to come. So that being said, if one can keep their present jobs, it harms only those who may have left, hoping to return someday.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:23 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,154,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
It doesn't matter. Ned Lamont is EASILY leading in the polls by 12.5 points on average! All of my bets are on Lamont easily winning, much of which is due to the Trump effect!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...mont-6577.html
But polls are so often proven wrong. But yes, Trump plus Stefanowski's personality.....or lack thereof. I mean a little bedside manner often goes a long way in politics. Even Trump has his brand of (snake oil salesman) charm. But Bob is stiff, kind of angry, kind of bullying. He's that scary high school Vice Principal you dreaded being sent to the office to talk to.

I mean if you thought Tom Foley was a little too warm and fuzzy, boy have we got a candidate for you!

Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 PM

154 posts, read 79,419 times
The days of polls being meaningful accurate are over. They have proven to be unreliable. People do not give their honest opinions anymore. There is a silent majority of people who are not counted in these polls. The political consultants and analysts are largely biased and favor Democrats. The media is in the tank for promoting a liberal / progressive movement. In Connecticut, the cities go heavy for Democrats and all the suburbs go for Republicans. The Independents aka Silent Majority are the difference in any election. Connecticut needs change in direction. Stefanowski might not be all warm and fuzzy but he is better than what Lamont will bring.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:15 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,718,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
The days of polls being meaningful accurate are over. They have proven to be unreliable. People do not give their honest opinions anymore. There is a silent majority of people who are not counted in these polls. The political consultants and analysts are largely biased and favor Democrats. The media is in the tank for promoting a liberal / progressive movement. In Connecticut, the cities go heavy for Democrats and all the suburbs go for Republicans. The Independents aka Silent Majority are the difference in any election. Connecticut needs change in direction. Stefanowski might not be all warm and fuzzy but he is better than what Lamont will bring.
Could always vote for Oz if you want change

Old 09-18-2018, 07:00 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,844,487 times
Quote:

The silent majority isn't large enough in CT to have an effect. CT & MA I think are the only states to vote 100% Democrat in all counties in the last three Presidential elections. (Obama - Obama - Trump)

Political consultants favor Democrats - like Karl Rove ? I heard he's a big Democrat supporter.

The media doesn't promote liberal progressive movements any more than they promote conservative movements. What we have now is mostly "opinion based news media". This is at least partly the result of removing the "equal time clause" or whatever it was called from the airwaves.

Equal time meaning if a Democrat gets 10 minutes on air so does a Republican. I think that was a good rule.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:44 AM

845 posts, read 682,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
The silent majority isn't large enough in CT to have an effect. CT & MA I think are the only states to vote 100% Democrat in all counties in the last three Presidential elections. (Obama - Obama - Trump)

Political consultants favor Democrats - like Karl Rove ? I heard he's a big Democrat supporter.

The media doesn't promote liberal progressive movements any more than they promote conservative movements. What we have now is mostly "opinion based news media". This is at least partly the result of removing the "equal time clause" or whatever it was called from the airwaves.

Equal time meaning if a Democrat gets 10 minutes on air so does a Republican. I think that was a good rule.
Trump won Litchfield and Windham counties. Romney won Litchfield.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:30 AM

154 posts, read 79,419 times
The choice is pretty clear and obvious in this race. Vote for Lamont and you will get Malloy all over again. Taxes and Tolls will come. Stefanowski will be change. It might not be perfect but it will be different than what we had the past 8 years. This state is being destroyed by the spending and waste. The sanctuary cities are a major problem and drain in the state. You need new leadership in the legislature and governor.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:42 AM

14,063 posts, read 13,970,379 times
Quote:
The choice is pretty clear and obvious in this race. Vote for Lamont and you will get Malloy all over again. Taxes and Tolls will come. Stefanowski will be change. It might not be perfect but it will be different than what we had the past 8 years. This state is being destroyed by the spending and waste. The sanctuary cities are a major problem and drain in the state. You need new leadership in the legislature and governor.
Stefanowski idea about income tax is kinda scary

Old 09-18-2018, 08:52 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,718,247 times
Quote:
Vote Oz
You will have income tax to 4%
Bussiness Entity tax done away with
Gift and Estate tax done away with
Other taxes lowered as well.

It's a 10 year plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut