Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 09:51 PM

34,943 posts, read 56,970,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Jay, Weicker switched parties when he became governor, and that idiot still defends and justifies his introduction of the state income tax. This state of ours hasn’t fared so well since then in terms of reasonable taxation and our lawmakers spending within their means. Add to that the fact that, just in the last ten years alone, this state has swung far to the left, and the Republicans who win the primaries in this state aren’t exactly the cream of the crop as you said and I agree, and that’s how we’ve wound up with the dim bulbs we now have at the helm. And Connecticut may be a well-educated state, but well-educated doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll-informed. We’re entering a period in this country where people don’t read anymore, and if they do watch the news, they’re likely to gravitate towards a network that merely reinforces their own beliefs. This is happening everywhere, not just in CT, but in our case, it’s particularly bad because most people lack even a rudimentary understanding of economics, hence the reason why they continue to vote for people who drown us in debt. Unfortunately, I’m not confident that either candidate has a real plan to solve this problem once and for all, which is why I plan on writing myself in.
Weicker ran as an Independent under the name A Connecticut Party. He was a Republican prior to that so I still consider him Republican. He definitely was not a Democrat. Jay

Old 10-03-2018, 06:33 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,457,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
LOL! ^^^That is a lot of variables that all have to work out just the right way to see any success.
Yep that's why no one sane really wants the job. The chances of success at least success where you do what needs to and are still liked better then Malloy are minuscule.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:05 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
Unaffiliated candidate Griebel seeks major role for private sector | HartfordBusiness.com

Good read about Oz and his plans for the State

Old 10-03-2018, 09:06 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,947,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Weicker ran as an Independent under the name A Connecticut Party. He was a Republican prior to that so I still consider him Republican. He definitely was not a Democrat. Jay
Weicker was a liberal Republican (yes, there was once such a thing). Lieberman ran to the right of him as a conservative Democrat (yes, there also was once such a thing) in 1988. The irony is both ultimately were thrown out/left their parties b/c they didn't fit in with the increasing partisan environment.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:04 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,947,273 times
Ned's moving to the right on state employee unions. Hmm.
Ned Lamont Says He'll Seek Union Concessions If Elected Governor - Hartford Courant

Old 10-04-2018, 08:17 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,723,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. According to the article, he's also advocating for the legalization of marijuana and sports betting. As much as he may want to see this (and as much as I support it), it's unlikely to happen. Too many legislatures in this state are just a bunch of stodgy, complacent, tired old farts who will never budge on this issue and endorse this, and just call for raising taxes, as usual.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:31 AM

IDK why marijuana isn't legal. On a day to day basis see an average 4 people toking it up in their cars, can smell it on my run, and see dealings on my run.

I mean it's already going down let's make some cash and maybe grow some to get the State some money.

Again why I am voting for Oz he advocates for legalization.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:37 AM

845 posts, read 681,145 times
Sabato Crystal Ball shifts CT-05 to Safe D (from Likely D) and the Gubernatorial Race from Toss Up to Lean D

With this, it makes all of CT's Federal House Seats and the Senate Seat as Safe D.

Looks like things might be drifting towards Lamont's way in general, and Oz might siphon disgruntled R voters away from Stefanowski.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:24 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,457,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Not all that surprising really. Like R's running further to the right in primaries D's are going further to the left in primaries. This puts him closer to the positions he had when ran against Lieberman and moreover against Malloy in 2010. He is a bit of a centrist on somethings. But he tried to keep that under wraps for the primary.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:51 PM

Wouldn't mind if Oz or Lamont got in. Oz has I feel a better economic layout for the State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut