Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,953,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree. That is why I am so critical of the party of which I am a member. I continually contact party leaders expressing my dissatisfaction with their positions. You would think the party leadership would have learned from the last two Governor races where their candidate could not even beat a Governor that had one of the lowest approval ratings in the country. Now they go and nominate an extreme right winger like Stefanowski in hopes that the state is ready for a major change. I am not so sure. We are a highly educated state and I think they will not blindly believe that we could eliminate the income tax without some unacceptable consequences.

I also disagree with the contention that our state is full of Democrats. The largest block of voters here are independents. The number of Democrats is not a lot more than the Republicans so whoever wants to win needs to be attractive to both their own party but also seek to attract the vote of those independents. Without those votes, they just can’t win. Jay
The party leadership didn't want Stefanowski. They selected Boughton but the voters overruled them.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:21 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,980,255 times
Lamont is apparently heavily targeting minorities. He distributed a 100% Spanish brochure to the South End of Hartford. Except that the people I know who got one, do not speak one bit of Spanish. Believe it or not, there are still Italians there.... who speak English.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:58 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Lamont is apparently heavily targeting minorities. He distributed a 100% Spanish brochure to the South End of Hartford. Except that the people I know who got one, do not speak one bit of Spanish. Believe it or not, there are still Italians there.... who speak English.

Nearly all the Italians and their businesses moved out of Hartford's south end years ago, they are now a minority restricted to 3 blocks on Franlkin Ave if that. They all moved to Wethersfield and Rocky Hill.

Spanish people have taken over that area. It makes total sense Lamont or another candidate would send out flyers in Spanish. IT would be weird if Lamont sent out Spanish flyers to Glastonbury and Avon.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Nearly all the Italians and their businesses moved out of Hartford's south end years ago, they are now a minority restricted to 3 blocks on Franlkin Ave if that. They all moved to Wethersfield and Rocky Hill.

Spanish people have taken over that area. It makes total sense Lamont or another candidate would send out flyers in Spanish. IT would be weird if Lamont sent out Spanish flyers to Glastonbury and Avon.
I hate to tell you but there are English speaking people on other streets in the south end too.

Send out bilingual flyers if you want to pander to people who refuse to learn the language. Otherwise it's an insult to the hardworking people who speak English and live in the area.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:25 AM

34,943 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Interesting in depth article on Ned Lamont. While I don't love him, I like what he is saying more than Bob Stefanowski who I think is lying when he says he will eliminate the income tax. I also don't like Stefanowski's position on transportation funding where hen plans to do nothing. JMHO, Jay

Progressive Democratic businessman Lamont seeks tradeoffs with CT employers | HartfordBusiness.com

Old 10-09-2018, 09:34 AM

A lawsuit has been filed against Change Connecticut PAC who has been running political ads on TV that are clearly anti-Democratic Party. Kind of obvious who they support and sneaky that they have not filed the proper paperwork to run their ads. I do not like their ads at all since they are so slanted to the point they lie. The sad part is that some people will not see through this and will blindly vote the way these ads point them. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article...C-13291220.php

Old 10-09-2018, 10:27 AM

21,626 posts, read 31,221,057 times
Quote:
A lawsuit has been filed against Change Connecticut PAC who has been running political ads on TV that are clearly anti-Democratic Party. Kind of obvious who they support and sneaky that they have not filed the proper paperwork to run their ads. I do not like their ads at all since they are so slanted to the point they lie. The sad part is that some people will not see through this and will blindly vote the way these ads point them. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article...C-13291220.php
They all lie, whether it’s blatant or subtle/manipulative. One is not better than the other.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:37 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
Quote:
Interesting in depth article on Ned Lamont. While I don't love him, I like what he is saying more than Bob Stefanowski who I think is lying when he says he will eliminate the income tax. I also don't like Stefanowski's position on transportation funding where hen plans to do nothing. JMHO, Jay

Progressive Democratic businessman Lamont seeks tradeoffs with CT employers | HartfordBusiness.com
Meanwhile on the Oz front...
https://www.nydailynews.com/hc-news-...007-story.html

Not sure why the article isn't in entirety. Oz mentions creating a Council of Givernment.

Last edited by RunD1987; 10-09-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 10-09-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
They all lie, whether it’s blatant or subtle/manipulative. One is not better than the other.
Come on now, its pretty blatant. People here complain that Lowell Weicker lied about not imposing an income tax during his campaign. Why is this any different? A lie is a lie. What are Lamont and Greibel lying about? Jay

Old 10-09-2018, 10:58 AM

How is Lamont going to lower property taxes? They are a city/town thing.

If he increase state money to cities/towns, other taxes will go up won't they?

Kind of like how property taxes increased when funding to cities/towns went down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut