Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 08:23 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times

Advertisements

That is why I am voting for Oz
Realizes the economic woes of the State. Has a plan and plans to hit the ground running when in Office. Wants to make sure everyone knows what the plan is once he starts and ensure that towns/Cities won't experience any economic backlash with State economic issues.

He also is right there with social issues in the middle. Making compromises and having unique fresh ideas.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:36 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE72 View Post
It is actually pretty simple. A glance across America reveals that with a few exceptions, the most poorly fiscally managed locations are Democrat. It is time to take the keys of the State Treasury away from them.

As the president recently stated, "they're unfit to govern."
It might be a pipe dream, but in the near future I hope conservatives retake the entire state of Connecticut.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:50 AM

34,943 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
As the president recently stated, "they're unfit to govern."
It might be a pipe dream, but in the near future I hope conservatives retake the entire state of Connecticut.
Except that we have had 16 years of Republican Governors prior to Malloy and they did nothing to improve things. Rowland was a crook (convicted multiple times now) and to me that makes him the one that is unfit. Also take a look at Illinois. It is probably in worse condition than Connecticut is and they had many years of Republican leadership. And look at New Jersey. It too has financial problems and it just ended 8 years under Republican Chris Christie. It also had a number of Republicans prior to him. I could go on but this kind of shows what I say here all the time. There is more than enough blame to go around in both parties. Jay

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ems/743595002/

Old 10-12-2018, 09:25 AM

377 posts, read 241,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Except that we have had 16 years of Republican Governors prior to Malloy and they did nothing to improve things. Rowland was a crook (convicted multiple times now) and to me that makes him the one that is unfit. Also take a look at Illinois. It is probably in worse condition than Connecticut is and they had many years of Republican leadership. And look at New Jersey. It too has financial problems and it just ended 8 years under Republican Chris Christie. It also had a number of Republicans prior to him. I could go on but this kind of shows what I say here all the time. There is more than enough blame to go around in both parties. Jay

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ems/743595002/

Let's be clear. The Republicans have never held all three areas , Governor, House and Senate . The Democrats have held all three for the past 7 years. The Republicans only had the Senate in 1995 and 1996, and the Governor but not the House.

While the Governor can set policy it is the Legislature that has the check book. It is the Legislators that push their individual agenda into a collective bucket of needs and wants. It is not a secret that the deeper you look into the fabric, processes and workings of the Government that you can see the handiwork of Democrats. Sure there is " blame to go around" , but if you really think that Rowland was a crook, but not so many others that have been just skilled and lucky enough to hide their shenanigans , you haven't looked under the rug.

I have stated here before that when I moved to CT over 40 years ago , this was the " Switzerland of the Northeast " . Today, CT hardly resembles the " land of steady habits" that I embraced in the early 1970's. Thats' why I moved here. That's why I built a business from the ground up.

Today it is more like the " Land of Thieving Grifters "

Old 10-12-2018, 04:18 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,353,574 times
I have been busy and not paying a lot of attention to the Governors race. I did see this poll.
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...496558591.html

Lamont..........47%
Stefanowski....39%
Griebel...........11%

Just curious as to what my fellow posters think. Do my fellow poster think Oz Griebel is pulling from both candidates evenly. Or is Griebel pulling more support from the Republicans and is that why Stefanowski is so far behind?

Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 PM

How many Debates are left?

Old 10-12-2018, 06:18 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,864 times
Typically the Independent pulls more from the R than the D. Anyone talking about Governors though fails to mention the congress who has not been R in awhile. That is where a bulk of the change comes from but until any of these statues (Blumenthal, DeLauro, Murphy) move along and everyone keeps getting their pet projects and little tax increases for this or that then nothing will get done until we are dead broke and they put their hands up and say "not our fault."

Old 10-12-2018, 07:46 PM

21,767 posts, read 28,102,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I have been busy and not paying a lot of attention to the Governors race. I did see this poll.
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...496558591.html

Lamont..........47%
Stefanowski....39%
Griebel...........11%

Just curious as to what my fellow posters think. Do my fellow poster think Oz Griebel is pulling from both candidates evenly. Or is Griebel pulling more support from the Republicans and is that why Stefanowski is so far behind?
Oz is handing the election to Lamont. He is a hack and has zero chance of winning.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:32 PM

154 posts, read 79,211 times
OZ Griebel has no chance of winning. I hope voters realize that voting for him is a wasted vote. Stefanowski is the only way to vote in this election. Lamont will be a disaster and be the final nail in the coffin of the state of Connecticut. I still think the silent majority will do the right thing and vote for change. Legislature needs to go Republican. Stefanowski is not a great choice, but he is the only choice.
Oz will not get over 4-6 % of the vote.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:32 PM

I am not voting for who will win voting for who I think will be the best choice to run the State and has the best long term vision for the State. Whi I feel is most in touch with CT's issues. That is why I am voting for Oz and Monte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut