Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 08:11 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Nope! Just exciting... for me at least = )
Thats good enough for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 09:05 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Not a Danbury post, but nice news for a Danbury-area town... sidewalks are finally being installed in New Fairfield Town Center Kind of blew me away because it sort of just happened overnight and considering funding comes from a state grant. I’m guessing the grant was probably awarded years ago but is only now coming to fruition. I think it’s going to look real nice once the project is complete and a nice change of pace to be able to walk to the various shopping centers instead of having to get in your car to drive 5 seconds
Brookfield’s little Four Corners development is getting sidewalks too as we speak. Drove through recently. Curious to see how it turns out, but it seems like they didn't really go all in on the downtown feel. The sidewalks are set far in from the road, no proper pedestrian crossings, and the new buildings are set back far and don't feel very downtown-like.

Too bad, because it had potential.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:24 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Brookfield’s little Four Corners development is getting sidewalks too as we speak. Drove through recently. Curious to see how it turns out, but it seems like they didn't really go all in on the downtown feel. The sidewalks are set far in from the road, no proper pedestrian crossings, and the new buildings are set back far and don't feel very downtown-like.

Too bad, because it had potential.
I haven’t been through 4 corners in awhile — haven’t even seen any of the new buildings. I’ll have to take a drive through soon though (ever since the route 7 expansion, I don’t find myself that way too often anymore) They seem to be doing a nice job so far in NF, although they’re just in the framing stage with only concrete at the corners having been poured yet. I was just surprised given the fiscal state of CT, that this is actually happening, which leads me to believe that grant monies were probably awarded years ago and that it’s just only happening now. Should be a nice change though when it’s finished. We’ve had brick walking paths throughout the north side of 39 for years — connecting town hall to the library some restaurants etc. It looks like the new sidewalks will be linking 37 on the south side of 39 to what’s already existing.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I haven’t been through 4 corners in awhile — haven’t even seen any of the new buildings. I’ll have to take a drive through soon though (ever since the route 7 expansion, I don’t find myself that way too often anymore) They seem to be doing a nice job so far in NF, although they’re just in the framing stage with only concrete at the corners having been poured yet. I was just surprised given the fiscal state of CT, that this is actually happening, which leads me to believe that grant monies were probably awarded years ago and that it’s just only happening now. Should be a nice change though when it’s finished. We’ve had brick walking paths throughout the north side of 39 for years — connecting town hall to the library some restaurants etc. It looks like the new sidewalks will be linking 37 on the south side of 39 to what’s already existing.
Yeah, the grants probably go back years for both towns. The area you describe has always been more attractive than the Four Corners area of Brookfield, so I'm sure it will be nice.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:08 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Traveling thru Danbury on I-84, we turned into a gorgeous rest area at 2:20 p.m. today (Monday) — but were turned away at the door to the main building by a guard who was LOCKING the door. Two other families were also standing there astonished, one lady protesting that it was only 2:20 (correct). The guard pointed to a set of rented Porta-potties, and told us it to complain to “the government.” He implied that we were being punished for not paying even more taxes (note it costs money to rent Porta-potties & have guards make sure you can’t use what you’ve already paid for). Just passed another rest area in Plantsville CT that closed at 3:00. After a vacation out of New England, I can’t believe the crap people here put up with!

Old 10-23-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Traveling thru Danbury on I-84, we turned into a gorgeous rest area at 2:20 p.m. today (Monday) — but were turned away at the door to the main building by a guard who was LOCKING the door. Two other families were also standing there astonished, one lady protesting that it was only 2:20 (correct). The guard pointed to a set of rented Porta-potties, and told us it to complain to “the government.” He implied that we were being punished for not paying even more taxes (note it costs money to rent Porta-potties & have guards make sure you can’t use what you’ve already paid for). Just passed another rest area in Plantsville CT that closed at 3:00. After a vacation out of New England, I can’t believe the crap people here put up with!
Of all the things to complain about, that's a stretch. Remember, you drove through Connecticut for FREE, unlike other states. Kind of entitled to think the state should go above and beyond to provide travelers incentives like that.

And the rest areas on 95/15 are great...

Old 10-30-2017, 07:51 AM

302 posts, read 220,307 times
DANRIDGE RISING

I am seeing more and more folks relocating (empty nesters) to Danbury from Ridgefield, CT. There is a book club at Danbury Library (a men's book club) filled with these fellows.

They are buying houses on Brushy Hill/Washington/Jefferson/Garfield/City Center (close to Route 7) where they can still get to Ridgefield easily.

Interesting!!!

Old 10-30-2017, 07:55 AM

OLD Ridgebury Danbury becomes a HOT place to work

Danbury Rising!!

FOOD TRUCK FOODIES MAKING IT GOOD IN DANBURY

44 Old Ridgebury in Danbury fills up in a Hurry

44 Old Ridgebury in Danbury fills up in a hurry - NewsTimes

Ridgebury Corporate Park has also played a large part in the success of Mothership Bakery, a popular local business that recently expanded with a location on Main Street in downtown Danbury. Owner Anna Llanos started the bakery in 2012 operating out of a silver Airstream trailer parked at the building.

It was so popular that Mothership Bakery became the operator of the large cafeteria on the ground floor of the building. The bakery there is open to the public. Mothership opened its location on Main Street last November.

“They are awesome,” Lapham said of Mothership Bakery. “They started as a food trucked parked out front here.”

Old 10-30-2017, 08:00 AM

Palace Theater in Downtown Danbury from Rocky Horror to Taylor Hicks!

A great venue!

JEWEL OF DOWNTOWN

Palace Theater, a downtown Danbury

Old 10-30-2017, 08:05 AM

H John Vorhees III

The great Mr. Vorhees covers Danbury events!!!

Thank you.

Mr. Vorhees is known for his photographic journalism in Greenwich, CT.

HALLOWEEN ON THE GREEN ATTRACTS FAIRFIELD COUNTY RESIDENTS TO DANBURY'S COOL DOWNTOWN

Photos: 25th Halloween on the Green - NewsTimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut