Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 11:03 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,807,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreleibear View Post
My husband and I are relocating to the Greenwich area later this year with our three children. Can anyone recommend any elementary and/or middle schools in the area that do NOT have DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) initiatives? We are looking for a school that does not embrace woke politics or activism.

Thanks in advance!
Uh oh, the “Wokesters “are not gonna like anyone trying to think for themselves and not March in lockstep.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:30 AM

8 posts, read 5,043 times
I appreciate all the comments so far. They’re all informative one way or another. We’ve visited Fairfield County several times and really love it. We particularly love Greenwich and can afford the lifestyle. It’s not that we’re trying to avoid or change people who have different political viewpoints than ours. We have many friends and relatives who are liberal, but we obviously are not. We’d be happy to live in a place with people who have diverse opinions and come from different cultural backgrounds. We simply want to avoid putting our children in a school that has identity politics as one of its core values.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:59 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,957,114 times
Quote:
I appreciate all the comments so far. They’re all informative one way or another. We’ve visited Fairfield County several times and really love it. We particularly love Greenwich and can afford the lifestyle. It’s not that we’re trying to avoid or change people who have different political viewpoints than ours. We have many friends and relatives who are liberal, but we obviously are not. We’d be happy to live in a place with people who have diverse opinions and come from different cultural backgrounds. We simply want to avoid putting our children in a school that has identity politics as one of its core values.
I am not a liberal either and I completely understand your concerns. I hope you can find a satisfactory option for you despite the currently poisonous environment that exists.

Old 01-30-2022, 12:29 PM

21,773 posts, read 28,124,156 times
Quote:
I’m left of center and I wouldn’t want my kids being fed engineered nonsense either. Diversity and inclusion are all good, wacky narratives and an obsession on racial differences are not.

Old 01-30-2022, 04:15 PM

34,952 posts, read 57,005,315 times
Quote:
I am sorry for the responses you are getting. I do not think anyone wanted to offend you but this is a very timely part of modern education today. As much as people want to avoid it or disagree with it (I understand that’s not what you want to do), it’s going to be very hard, if not impossible to avoid. As you already saw, all private schools are addressing it and most, if not all public school systems are as well. I wish I had a better answer for you but I don’t and I don’t think anyone else has either. The best I can suggest is to be very aware of it and be ready to address any parts of this you don’t agree with. Again, good luck. Jay

Old 01-30-2022, 05:55 PM

6,924 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I am sorry for the responses you are getting. I do not think anyone wanted to offend you but this is a very timely part of modern education today. As much as people want to avoid it or disagree with it (I understand that’s not what you want to do), it’s going to be very hard, if not impossible to avoid. As you already saw, all private schools are addressing it and most, if not all public school systems are as well. I wish I had a better answer for you but I don’t and I don’t think anyone else has either. The best I can suggest is to be very aware of it and be ready to address any parts of this you don’t agree with. Again, good luck. Jay
Suberb job here. Both posts. I would have to agree wholeheartedly. I haven't been triggered as some other Saxons living the dream life on ice skates in the US have been. Being exposed to a wide variety of colors and cultures can prove to be invaluable later in life. CT provides this in buckets from highly educated and paid expats all the way down to the undoc busting it cleaning public toilets. We're Worldly. What a State!

Old 01-30-2022, 07:06 PM

11,306 posts, read 18,906,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

I think the issue people are having is the mistaken belief that kids are being told that current day white people are their "enemy" and an "existential threat" to be thwarted and that all white people should feel "ashamed". While I can't vouch for every school's version of this stuff, from what I have seen no program is like that and even the ones viewed as the most "extreme" versions of these programs that issue is debatable at best. To some extent people are being brainwashed by various media sources on what these programs are about and reacting on incorrect information.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:21 PM

34,952 posts, read 57,005,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I think the issue people are having is the mistaken belief that kids are being told that current day white people are their "enemy" and an "existential threat" to be thwarted and that all white people should feel "ashamed". While I can't vouch for every school's version of this stuff, from what I have seen no program is like that and even the ones viewed as the most "extreme" versions of these programs that issue is debatable at best. To some extent people are being brainwashed by various media sources on what these programs are about and reacting on incorrect information.
Exactly. People are overreacting to this. Certain media outlets are pandering to the fears of certain viewers for ratings. It’s out of control. That’s why so many schools are addressing it publicly and openly. The OP may want to talk to the school directly to see how extreme the program is but I’d be surprised if it’s as bad as they fear. Jay

Old 01-30-2022, 07:59 PM

21,631 posts, read 31,237,489 times
It’s amazing some posters here are *still* offering an opinion piece instead of providing an answer to the OP as to which district suits them vest.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:48 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,957,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Instances of what you are denying have been documented. The people pushing this stuff are gaslighting us on this just as they are in other issues. They can't own up to what they are doing so they are.lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut