Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 08:56 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,648,503 times

Advertisements

Round 4:

Group A
Ridgefield

Group B
Westport

Group C

Group D
Essex

Group E

Group F
Glastonbury

Group G
Guilford

Group H
Greenwich

Group I
Stonington

Group J
Branford

Group K
New Haven

Group L
Madison

Group M
East Lyme

Group N
Fairfield

Group O
Old Saybrook

Group P
Milford

Realizing that I might just have a shoreline bias.

Last edited by nico7; 04-22-2022 at 09:07 PM..

Old 04-22-2022, 09:06 PM

7,164 posts, read 3,892,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Where are all the people that said Trumbull would beat Ridgefield in the final?
Right here. Here I am. Owning up
The Voters spoke, they made a statement.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:22 PM

9,815 posts, read 7,546,986 times
Quote:
Where are all the people that said Trumbull would beat Ridgefield in the final? Guys, I told you so. Trumbull did fight hard but in the end couldn't even get past Waterford, LOL!!!!
I said Trumbull would have the toughest matchup with Waterford/Cromwell but whoever made it out of that bottom half would beat Ridgefield. So far I'm half right.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:19 PM

21,916 posts, read 28,322,826 times
Group A

Ridgefield

Group B

Old Lyme

Group C

Canton

Group D

Essex

Group E

Salisbury

Group F

Washington

Group G

Guilford

Group H

Norwalk

Group I

Stonington

Group J

Branford

Group K

New Haven

Group L

Madison

Group M

East Lyme

Group N

Fairfield

Group O

Old Saybrook

Group P

Milford

Old 04-22-2022, 11:03 PM

21,707 posts, read 31,381,906 times
Quote:
Just list the towns you vote for. No need to bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
or backspace out the losers
Do you realize how time consuming both would be on a smartphone and or iPad?

Old 04-22-2022, 11:15 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,050,142 times
Wow, a lot of these match-ups in round 4 are going to be tough for me. Connecticut sure is filled with some gems!

Round 4:

Group A
Ridgefield vs Waterford

Group B
Westport vs Old Lyme

Group C
West Hartford vs Canton

Group D
Farmington vs Essex

Group E
Litchfield vs Salisbury

Group F
Glastonbury vs Washington

Group G
Guilford vs Avon

Group H
Greenwich vs Norwalk ... I really want to see more of Norwalk, tho.

Group I
Stonington vs Woodbury

Group J
Branford vs Simsbury ... so far, my toughest choice. I love both towns for very different reasons.

Group K
New Haven vs Kent

Group L
Madison vs Newtown

Group M
East Lyme vs Middletown

Group N
Fairfield vs Stamford

Group O
Old Saybrook vs Wallingford

Group P
Milford vs North Branford

Last edited by bridgerider; 04-22-2022 at 11:48 PM..

Old 04-23-2022, 06:46 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,648,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Probably "backspacing" is not the literal best way, but maybe using the select feature on iOS would work relatively quickly to delete the town you don't want.

Old 04-23-2022, 06:59 AM

2,307 posts, read 1,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I just made a text on my phone now and it took me under 5 min to delete the loser towns after quoting the original post. However, maybe in previous rounds it takes longer because of more fixtures. You can jump in at anytime though!

In fact, I plan to vote myself on my phone in about an hour, as soon as I get on the train to Hartford!

Old 04-23-2022, 07:07 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,991,518 times
Group A

Ridgefield vs Waterford

Group B

Westport vs Old Lyme

Group C

West Hartford vs Canton

Group D

Farmington vs Essex

Group E

Litchfield vs Salisbury

Group F

Glastonbury vs Washington

Group G

Guilford vs Avon

Group H

Greenwich vs Norwalk

Group I

Stonington vs Woodbury

Group J

Branford vs Simsbury

Group K

New Haven vs Kent

Group L

Madison vs Newtown

Group M

East Lyme vs Middletown

Group N

Fairfield vs Stamford

Group O

Old Saybrook vs Wallingford

Group P

Milford vs North Branford

Old 04-23-2022, 08:34 AM

2,307 posts, read 1,702,516 times
Here are Mine:

Group A

Ridgefield vs Waterford: Kind of tough. I mean Ridgefield is very upscale and nice but it’s a little too ritzy for my liking per se. If Ridgefield was coastal, I probably would’ve chosen it, but I really like Harkness and the Waterford Beach Park. The Nuclear Power Plant does downgrade it for me, and it’s really close but I say Waterford slightly edges it for me. However Ridgefield will likely win this.

Group B

Westport vs Old Lyme: Also tough. I like Old Lyme, but it’s a little too rural for me, and there’s not much amenities there besides the beach. A little lack of good restaurants as well. Westport is one of my favorite towns in Fairfield County and has Sherwood State Park and the Longshore Club Park. Gotta give this to Westport, however if it was East Lyme, it might be a completely different story for me.

Group C

West Hartford vs Canton: Ugh, this is the closest matchup so far. I really love Downtown West Hartford and the restaurants, but otherwise I feel that the town is a little too populated and crowded for me, and there are parts of this town that I don’t particularly like at all. Canton is a little ordinary but it has the great outlets and Collinsville. Probably my favorite town in Farmington Valley. However, that being said, I’m giving it to West Hartford due to proximity. I kind of feel like the Farmington Valley towns are just way out there and kind of far from Hartford and many other amenities. You can’t live in Canton without a car.

Group D

Farmington vs Essex: Farmington is nice, but Essex is one of my favorite inland towns. The town center isn’t just stunning and there’s the steam train and riverboat. Essex is just so unique and nothing’s like any other town in the state.

Group E

Litchfield vs Salisbury: Easy choice. Litchfield green is one of the best and there’s two of the best ice cream places in the state: Peaches N Cream and Arethusa!

Group F

Glastonbury vs Washington: Are you kidding me? What’s all the love for Washington on here? I don’t get it. It’s just a rural town with some charm but not much. Glastonbury all the way. Enough said.

Group G

Guilford vs Avon: Easy choice! Guilford by far and for obvious reasons!

Group H

Greenwich vs Norwalk: Most interesting matchup this round and might be one of the closest ones to go back and fourth. Greenwich is really ritzy though, and for me, I really love the city of Norwalk. Great character and Rowayton is beautiful. I really hope Norwalk makes it.

Group I

Stonington vs Woodbury: Obviously, LOL! Mystic, Stonington Borough, Coastal, etc. Enough said.

Group J

Branford vs Simsbury: Simsbury is an overrated town. It’s really nice with charm, but I can’t choose it over Branford. Branford has a really nice downtown, and Stoney Creek and the Thimble Islands are some of the most beautiful views in the whole state! I hope to see Branford go far because I feel it has really underperformed in the past.

Group K

New Haven vs Kent: New Haven easily. Not even close, best city in CT!

Group L

Madison vs Newtown: Newtown is nice but I can’t choose it over Madison. Madison is one of the nicest towns in the state with a very pretty downtown and the Surf Club. Best beach in the state by far!

Group M

East Lyme vs Middletown: Middletown is a very unique small city and I really love that town, but I cannot choose it over East Lyme. I really like Niantic, Rocky Neck State Park, and the State Forest in the northern part of town.

Group N

Fairfield vs Stamford: Stamford is a nice city, and I feel like Fairfield has seen better days, but I still take Fairfield here. Downtown is still unique, and I really love Southport and Jennings Beach. If anything, you can’t go wrong with all the amenities that Fairfield has to offer.

Group O

Old Saybrook vs Wallingford: Great amenities, tourist feeling, The Preserve, and Fenwick! Enough said.

Group P

Milford vs North Branford: I’m happy to see North Branford make it this far, but I’m afraid it ends here. Milford has one of the best downtowns in the state and has a very long and interesting coastline. Love then Audubon Center and the beaches around there!

This round wasn’t too hard, but next round is going to be extremely tough and competitive for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut