Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM

24 posts, read 76,847 times

Advertisements

Jay basically has it boiled down. Perez was given a lot of potential to work with and choked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 06:46 PM

948 posts, read 3,356,950 times
Default That's what NYC does

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
Do you really think that adding more cops would prevent people from killing each other? Do you think they're gonna say "hey, theres more cops on the street so i aint gonna pull the trigger?"
Mayor's have always seen a decrease in crime when they beef up the police force. It certainly works there.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:38 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,161,038 times
In the 90's task forces were formed to get rid of the gang activity in Hartford. People were arrested and within the past few years they've come out of jail and picked up where they left off. There aren't really any anti-gang programs available for teens at risk and they're becoming younger and younger. If you look at the homicides in Hartford, a lot of them are young people.

I'll admit when Perez was first assigned to mayor there were some big changes. it seems like he has his priorities elsewhere right now.

During election time, he tended to go more towards the park street area. I think that was wrong. He should have focused on the city as a whole, not just one particular area/ethnic group.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:01 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Peters tears Perez apart:

Video

I hope Mayor Mike recovers and runs again - for the city's sake.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:42 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,161,038 times
He made some excellent and valid points. It's completely obvious that Perez is doing whatever the H$ll he wants to do, when he wants to do it, with no regard to the people of Hartford. And the fact that no one can get a meeting with him is scary. It's the City that suffers in the long run. Money is being placed where it shouldn't be.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:28 PM

42 posts, read 70,491 times
Thank you guys so much for providing this insight for me! It took a bunch of unproductive babble but finally by the second page my question was answered. Thank you for the input.

Skatergirl: Thanks for voicing your stance on the benefits of a strong police force. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that cops are meant to fight crime.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 PM

42 posts, read 70,491 times
Well, I feel kinda vindicated now. Two criminal corruption charges against him in the same year. I've come to doubt that this guy is as lily white as he's painted himself to be in his press conferences. Good luck Hartford. Here's to elected a righteous mayor next time!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:02 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,903 times
The problem with Hartford is that no one votes. 120K people and I think only lik 15K.

Perez is a total loser we need another Mayor Mike. maybe one of his son's will run.

We need a former small business owner and someone who will lower taxes. How does Perez give bonuses to his underlings when Hartford is in the red?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM

18 posts, read 59,391 times
Believe non of what you hear and half of what you see......For someone trying to seek the truth using sources such as youtube and random internet sites as credible sources is really making no sense to me.

In all honesty it seems like your have another agenda after reading what you posted above.... rather than gaining truthful information the the man you are trying to paint a bad picture of him before doing so.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:10 AM

34,942 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCT1 View Post
Believe non of what you hear and half of what you see......For someone trying to seek the truth using sources such as youtube and random internet sites as credible sources is really making no sense to me.

In all honesty it seems like your have another agenda after reading what you posted above.... rather than gaining truthful information the the man you are trying to paint a bad picture of him before doing so.
What good has Perez done for the city? Since he has been in office ING, WFSB and Metropolitain have left the city, taking well paying jobs and taxes with them. He could not get the Front Street project off the ground despite having one of the most robust economies and development eras in the last 80 years. He also eliminated those city employees who chose to do what was best for the city and not him personally. He has also been caught in a highly questionable position concerning using city contractors for personal home projects. Sounds like it is time for him to leave before more damage is done. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut