Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 01:41 PM

679 posts, read 1,189,796 times

Advertisements

New Development:

Morgan St (Fish Church Parking Lot)

http://www.fullerdevelopmentllc.com/

Current Site:

EastMillinocket @ WNY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
No way!

I passed through there a couple of days ago and thought that a project would be nice in that parking lot. Once I found out it belongs to the First Presbyterian Church (the fish, lol) I completely discarded the idea. Boy was I wrong! lol

Old 04-26-2014, 05:12 AM

679 posts, read 1,189,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
No way!

I passed through there a couple of days ago and thought that a project would be nice in that parking lot. Once I found out it belongs to the First Presbyterian Church (the fish, lol) I completely discarded the idea. Boy was I wrong! lol
If the religious institutions can turn a profit, they will do so! A very similar development is happening down at Church of St John the Divine, at 1047 Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan. They will replace their parking lot with a 14 story apartment building.

Developers Reveal Plans for High-Rise Next to St. John the Divine - Morningside Heights - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 04-27-2014, 04:47 PM

The buildings in the center (in the shadow) and on the right (in the light) are two of the newest apartment buildings at Harbor Point. I don't know the name of them. I can imagine with what appears to be floor-to-ceiling windows renters get spectacular views of Long Island Sound, Stamford, and maybe even NYC's skyline.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
That one on the left looks really cheap. I've been pretty disappointed with the new construction at Harbor Point. It all looks like it was put up with no sense of aesthetics to make maximum $$$. Reminds me of the housing boom construction in Miami.

At least a building like Trump Parc has some aesthetic value.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 AM

854 posts, read 1,241,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
The buildings in the center (in the shadow) and on the right (in the light) are two of the newest apartment buildings at Harbor Point. I don't know the name of them. I can imagine with what appears to be floor-to-ceiling windows renters get spectacular views of Long Island Sound, Stamford, and maybe even NYC's skyline.
The one on the left is called Infinity - 201 Commons Park South. Infinity Harbor Point-Stamford.

The one in the middle is called Postmark - 301 Commons Park South. Apartments for Rent in Stamford, CT | Postmark Apartments - Home.

The one on the right has not been named yet, but the address is 401 Commons Park South. It may also be marketed as Postmark.

301 CPS has 164 units.
401 CPS has 238 units (despite being shorter than 301 CPS, it is larger due to wrapping around in a U-shape, with facades facing Pacific Street, CPS and Walter Wheeler Drive.

There is a massing diagram here:
Vision Government Solutions

Old 04-28-2014, 10:37 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,817 times
Looks as if I-95 will just get worse and worse and worse.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
That one on the left looks really cheap. I've been pretty disappointed with the new construction at Harbor Point.
The building on the left is not one of the newer construction at Harbor Point, because the new one's have more style than the no frills for the eye's first ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Looks as if I-95 will just get worse and worse and worse.
Could be, but before reaching I-95 from Harbor Point is one of the largest train stations in Connecticut with express trains to Midtown Manhattan. Hopefully a large number of the 20-somethings and 30-somethings renting at Harbor Point either work in Stamford or commute to NYC via Metro-North.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:18 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
That one on the left looks really cheap. I've been pretty disappointed with the new construction at Harbor Point. It all looks like it was put up with no sense of aesthetics to make maximum $$$. Reminds me of the housing boom construction in Miami.

At least a building like Trump Parc has some aesthetic value.
Its tacky , but its the same with the stuff going up or planned in Downtown. New Haven's Projects seem to mix it up and they also blend in with the neighborhood. Harborpoint size would have been better in Downtown Stamford... It should have been 3-4 stories max down there.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 PM

The South End is going to be an extension of downtown. A large percentage of the older infrastructure is going to be eliminated, assuming the rumors are true. Its already completely different from what it once was (it was dangerous, poor, and rundown and the only people that lived there did so because they couldn't afford to live elsewhere in the city; while now its quickly becoming in line with the rest of the city in terms of wealth, its not rundown, and its no longer dangerous plus now people actually want to live down there.)

The South End was the last shoreline area in Stamford that was underutilized, unlike the rest of the city's shoreline which is reserved for well-to-do people that own mansions and otherwise large houses often times with their own private beaches. The only exceptions to this are the four or five public parks/beaches along the shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut