Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 05:50 PM

4 posts, read 7,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lginlg View Post
Chick-fil-A cooked! City fearful of drive through traffic at already jammed Bulls Head intersection denies application. Sense returns to planning board.
Careful. The application wasn't "denied by the city"; the applicant removed their application from Zoning Board consideration. The Planning Board already denied it a couple months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 05:44 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Wow, I'm speechless.

They are actually going to repave route 1 including the stretch from Sergio's Pizza to McDonald's, which has to be one of the worst stretches in all of Stamford. Driving on the right lane while going up the hill is a very bumpy ordeal!

Quote:
STAMFORD — More than two miles of Route 1 will be repaved next month by the state Department of Transportation.

The milling and repaving will start near the Darien border, and stretch past Washington Boulevard to Clinton Avenue, city Transportation Bureau Chief Jim Travers said. Work is planned for the overnight hours starting Sept. 5 and will last about a month, Travers said.

“Because Route 1 is so heavily utilized, (the state) took into consideration all of the volume of the road,” he said.
Quote:
The plan also calls for the state to skip swaths outside of active development sites downtown, he said. Private developers will be responsible for paving those stretches to meet state standards.
Quote:
Soon after the pavement is complete and temporary lines are drawn for drivers, Travers said the Traffic Bureau will look to slow traffic and create more attractive streetscapes.

“I’d like to introduce more on-street parking and more dedicated pavement markings,” he said. ”There is an opportunity to start changing the landscape.”

The state will also use high-visibility paint for final road linings, he said.

Travers said he also plans to propose additional pedestrian crossings.
Stamford Advocate - Road repaving project to begin in Stamford

Old 08-10-2018, 06:43 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,038,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Wow, I'm speechless.

They are actually going to repave route 1 including the stretch from Sergio's Pizza to McDonald's, which has to be one of the worst stretches in all of Stamford. Driving on the right lane while going up the hill is a very bumpy ordeal!

Stamford Advocate - Road repaving project to begin in Stamford

The roads I have traveled on in the PHILIPPINES are smoother and less pock-marked than most in Stamford, and in the U.S. at large. Hmmmm... I guess Manila isn't spending a lot of money on ways to invade other countries and win the hearts and minds of "turrorists".

Old 08-11-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Wow, I'm speechless.

This is the next phase of the project that paved Route 1 in Darien. The progress was delayed by state funding issues but is finally moving forward.
One of the most interesting aspects of this is that the street may not be restriped exactly as it was before; as the article mentions, the Traffic department is proposing some changes including on-street parking for the six-lane portions of Tresser Boulevard. This could give the existing street retail a nice boost. It all depends on what the State is willing to approve.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:55 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,038,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perc9 View Post
This is the next phase of the project that paved Route 1 in Darien. The progress was delayed by state funding issues but is finally moving forward.
One of the most interesting aspects of this is that the street may not be restriped exactly as it was before; as the article mentions, the Traffic department is proposing some changes including on-street parking for the six-lane portions of Tresser Boulevard. This could give the existing street retail a nice boost. It all depends on what the State is willing to approve.
RE: Your last paragraph: I don't know if Stamford's Traffic Dept's idea of turning parts of Tresser Blvd(Rt. 1) into something like Bedford St. will jive with State DOT.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:16 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
RE: Your last paragraph: I don't know if Stamford's Traffic Dept's idea of turning parts of Tresser Blvd(Rt. 1) into something like Bedford St. will jive with State DOT.
CTDOT has become a lot more cooperative with towns and cities these days. As an example, here in Glastonbury, the state is repaving Main Street in South Glastonbury which is Route 17. The town asked the state to add bike lanes on the road. The project was already in construction but CTDOT agreed to narrow the lane widths and increase the shoulder widths to better accommodate bicycles. In the past they never would have agreed to this. Jay

Old 08-11-2018, 10:58 AM

59 posts, read 72,769 times
Can I just say Travers is a champion? How did we win him over from New Haven? I want to send him a thank you card for the excellent management of the city’s streets and intersections.

https://m.stamfordadvocate.com/local...r-13138554.php

Old 08-12-2018, 04:32 PM

6 posts, read 10,381 times
Any news on who is moving into the UBS building? I know there was mention of a company that is sports related, but I haven't seen anything recently.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMorgan View Post
Any news on who is moving into the UBS building? I know there was mention of a company that is sports related, but I haven't seen anything recently.
KPMG is moving into part of the building. Was there another company that was announced?

Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perc9 View Post
KPMG is moving into part of the building. Was there another company that was announced?
Not yet. But rumors have been circulating. Last I heard was a few months ago, and nothing since. So who know what is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut