Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 02:30 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
With Manhattan prices being so insane, Stamford looks like a bargain for midtown workers. They can hop on a clean and comfortable train at Grand Central and be in their own apartment in an hour or so. That is better than dealing with New York City subways to other parts of the city or the nightmare that is PATH to New Jersey. As long as Manhattan apartment prices are above $1 million for a tiny nothing place, Stamford will look attractive. Jay
Jay, I live in Astoria now after living in Stamford for 3+ years and Old Greenwich before that. The subway from Astoria to Midtown to my job is roughly 25 -30 minutes including walking time versus an hour and 15 including driving to Stamford train station and back. Manhattan is super expensive no argument there but there are places around the city and suburbs more affordable right now, even more so then Stamford which is becoming more and more expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 02:33 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvs2393 View Post
This is kind of ironic since in another tread people are talking how CT as a state is doomed and they want to get out it.
There are a lot of naysayers on this forum. You could post the best news in the world and they will find something wrong with it. Connecticut continues to be a desirable place to live and work despite some of the ups and downs of our economy. Its location between New York and Boston as well as our high quality of life will continue to draw people here. That said things could always be better. Jay

Old 07-22-2015, 09:18 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,326 times
I know there were a few posts about Seaside Avenue and the Trump Parc Tower, but just to be clear in case anyone is reading this and thinking about moving to Stamford -- Seaside Avenue is not by the sea and Trump does not own Trump Parc.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:25 PM

Construction of Marriott Residence Inn on Atlantic Street.

Source: Del Frisco's Grille Sets Stage for Stamford Downtown Opening - Hey Stamford! - Hey Stamford!

Old 07-23-2015, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,714 times
Hi all, I'm in Springdale and looking to make a move. I've been here three years. We are contemplating moving downtown to be able to walk to some of our favorite restaurants, but economically we may stay up here. Does anyone know when 1032 Hope St. construction is supposed to be complete? Seems they've been working on it forever. Also, the Advocate last year reported that a one bedroom would cost $1,300, which seems to good to be true for brand new. Is that the below market rate price?

Old 07-23-2015, 05:51 PM

The next Harbor Point buildings

Harbor Point parking debated - StamfordAdvocate

Old 07-23-2015, 07:45 PM

811 posts, read 1,738,567 times
Harbor Point is becoming a city within a city

Old 07-23-2015, 09:43 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,301 times
the unfortunate part is 95 will continue to get worse and worse around fairfield county. It is already a nightmare, they really need to get a team to figure out what can be done. I dont think you really have the ability to add lanes when there isnt much land available and would be extremely costly.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 PM

OK, I did a little looking into this, and the density component of BLT's plans is absurd.

It appears the largest apt complex in Stamford as of now is ParcGrove on Broad St & Grove St (402 units - formerly known as Avalon Grove).

According to the Advocate:

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...ry-6396047.php

Quote:
BLT’s plan is to build a 16-story building with 391 apartments on the southeast corner of Washington Boulevard and Atlantic Street.

Last month, The Advocate reported on area business owners’ frustration with the halted work on the $3.5 billion development.

“I don’t think they should hold the entire project hostage,” said Dan Cecil, owner of the World of Beer at Harbor Point. “I don’t think it’s in anyone’s best interest — including the taxpayers’ best interest — to not let Harbor Point be built.”

“I think it’s putting a big constraint on the businesses,” he added. “One of the things that attracted us to the area was the long-term viability of the project. When we made the decision to invest, it was with the anticipation that it would be built as designed.”

BLT also has an application pending for a 435-unit building near Coastal Gardens.
These would be the largest and third-largest complexes in Stamford.

Now here is an outdated image as more buildings have since been built next to Infinity and Fairway Market, but this at least shows where the newly proposed buildings are going to go. Where it says "Future Development Site" is the 391-unit building (image in post 465), and the monster 435-unit building is proposed for Coastal Gardens, to the west of Dyke Lane.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:07 AM

51 posts, read 99,459 times
I think the real monsters will be Atlantic Square and Urban Ready Living 650 and 671 units respectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut