Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 09:27 AM

14,053 posts, read 13,926,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
ha i remember when u could just walk into live at 5 with no lines, or ID checks, when it was free.

Guess what city is this ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 09:47 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Guess what city is this ?

this is? Stamford, yeah live at five has gotten a lot more popular, was surprised they didnt just move it to that park across the way but im guessing it brings in too much business for the restaurants nearbye

Old 08-15-2015, 10:08 AM

830 posts, read 684,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
which just shows how Stamford is now catering toward the wealthy, the good is that they are bringing a lot of restaurants in, the bad is that stamford is losing its identity while becoming more of a mini manhattan.
It's all relative, but Highgrove is catering towards the "poor" New Yorkers that have been priced out of the city. $90 million for 84% of a roughly 300,000 square-foot building is nearly $360 per square-foot (and the units will likely be sold off individually for quite a bit more). Last spring, Manhattan averaged $1,000 more per square-foot for residential property, the most affordable neighborhood being Inwood at roughly $400 per square-foot.

That being said, Highgrove would be a fantastic place to live, being designed by world-renowned Robert AM Stern. Rental-to-condo conversions, like Highgrove, have been increasingly popular in the entire NY metro.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:37 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Yesterday evening I drove by the Tresser Blvd and Elm St intersection and noticed new black traffic lights glued to new black metal poles are in place, but the traffic lights were covered in a bag. The old traffic lights hanging from oxidized poles are still there next to the new ones, so I guess its a matter of days before they are removed and the new ones are put in effect.

I didn't rode along Rt 1, just south to north on Elm, because of that I don't know if all the traffic lights and poles on Tresser Blvd are going to be replaced or just the ones I already mentioned.

On the other hand, one thing I wish the city government would do is repave the most southern lane of Rt 1 on the side of the hill that leads to McDonald's. The hill starts about where Sergio's Pizza is located. That lane has been a mess for a very long time. It feels as if you are driving on the surface of the moon, way too bumpy. In some occasions I had to press the brakes because a car in front of me slowed down very quickly and it has been a miracle I didn't crashed into them. Due to the severe bumpiness, the brakes lose some of their traction and the car doesn't stop as quickly as it should. It's horrible.

The lane on the right of this section of Rt 1 is what I'm referring to.

Last edited by AntonioR; 08-15-2015 at 10:47 AM..

Old 08-18-2015, 01:52 PM

Summer House, on Summer St, is officially open.

Stamford luxury apartment building officially opens doors - StamfordAdvocate

Old 08-19-2015, 05:02 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,326 times
Construction of 545 Bedford St

photos by Jason Rearick of The Advocate

Stamford Point of Interest: Apartment building under construction on Bedford Street - StamfordAdvocate

Old 08-31-2015, 12:24 PM

8,496 posts, read 4,557,552 times
I have used Stamford for overnight stays on trips to NYC in the last few years. Got unbelievable hotel deals at the Hilton. Have gone out in downtown Stamford for dinner and drinks. Was mostly impressed with what I saw. Felt safe as well.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:09 PM

Apparently the government wants to change the zoning along the commercial strips of Springdale and Glenbrook. They will change some residential areas to a mixed commercial/residential zone, supposedly to increase foot traffic along the sidewalks and increase sales for local businesses. There's no word about the impact this might have on traffic, considering that Hope Street isn't particularly designed for a lot of extra vehicular traffic. The times I have driven through there has been non-rush hours, which could explain that I don't find the traffic through those areas bad at all. A resident or habitual driver along Hope Street during rush hour (both Springdale and Glenbrook have their own Metro-North train stations) might have a different opinion.

Anyway, a public hearing will take place tomorrow (Sept 1, 2015) where the public can voice their concerns or share their suggestions prior to city hall accepting the zoning change.

More information: Springdale and Glenbrook zone changes proposed

Old 09-01-2015, 11:51 AM

328 posts, read 425,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Summer Place is still under construction and won't be open until next spring. 66 Summer is now open and referenced in the Advocate story.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lginlg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
This afternoon I noticed that Mill River Park is fenced off. There were some signs typical of when a new construction or redesigning is about to take place, but I couldn't make out what it said.

I wonder what will be done to the park.
Construction has started on carousel at Broad and Mill River Street, which was to have begun last year but delayed because of flood plain approvals. Will also include a food pantry.

The previous posts were made back in June.

Yesterday afternoon I was caught by the red light at the intersection. I noticed that the intervened parts of the park where this will be built is still fenced off, but it seemed as if all construction machinery was removed. Now there is a white space with no trees, grass, or anything else except the perimeter fence I already mentioned.

Does anyone knows what is the construction schedule or if the project has been stalled?

Back in June there was a mobile home placed inside the intervened area and now even that is gone. I think it was used as an on-site construction supervision office, but this is a wild guess from my part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut