Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 PM

34,937 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The DPS reviews requests to keep exotic animals on a case by case basis, per our illustrious AG, Richard Blumenthal(has this guy ever turned away from a camera in his life, lol.).
At least he has announced he will not be running for Governor already. Makes me wonder though what he will be running for next. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 12:10 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
At least he has announced he will not be running for Governor already. Makes me wonder though what he will be running for next. Jay

He's had so many good opportunities that i don't think he's interested in going further. I think he's just a narcissist who is too pleased with the reputation that he has cultivated, to give it up and try something new and risk being ostracized. JMO.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 PM

34,937 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
He's had so many good opportunities that i don't think he's interested in going further. I think he's just a narcissist who is too pleased with the reputation that he has cultivated, to give it up and try something new and risk being ostracized. JMO.
You may be right. Jay

Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
First of all, the owner did not break any laws. As I understand it, even though this monkey was grandfathered in, she took all the necessary steps to be certified for having this animal. Also, I can understand her love and pain having raised this animal for 15 years. I would not want someone telling me that I have to get rid of my dog because "all dogs are dangerous because they bite". While I do agree this is a terrible thing that happened, I do see both sides of the issue. Jay
I think what baffles many of us is why she would call her friend to help her get control of this animal. I doubt her friend has expertise or certification in dealing with these types of animals.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:22 PM

722 posts, read 1,982,764 times
Quote:
I agree. I did see on the news last night that the "laws" pertaining to what is/isn't permissible to keep can be vague. The DPS reviews requests to keep exotic animals on a case by case basis, per our illustrious AG, Richard Blumenthal(has this guy ever turned away from a camera in his life, lol.).

his majesty?

when that guy isn't annoying, he's being a reactionist like our dear governor. Something bad happens--get on tv--make a law

its the connecticut way unfortunately

now he's gonna make a law that prohibits naming animals travis

Old 02-19-2009, 02:33 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I know you all are going to disagree with me, but why the hell did the cops have to shoot him? Why couldn't he be tazed, since it seems like cops love to use those. The fact that they opened fire on the animal (who was done with his initial attack on the woman) puts a bad taste in my mouth in regards to the first responders. Officers are supposed to use their weapon as a last resort.

That's what these animals do - especially since the chimp was going through "puberty". Shoot the owner, not the animal.
Unfortunately, the women he attacked will have to have complete facial restoration. Her hands and arms were all lacerated with nerve and who knows what type of damage. She will probably never have a normal life.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
I just read an article Charla Nash lost eyes, nose and jaw in chimpanzee attack that said her eyes, nose and jaw were ripped off by the chimp.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:40 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Unfortunately, the women he attacked will have to have complete facial restoration. Her hands and arms were all lacerated with nerve and who knows what type of damage. She will probably never have a normal life.
Actually, they've performed all of the surgeries that they can. According to Dr. Miller's press conference, this would be it for what they can do reconstructively.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:26 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I just read an article Charla Nash lost eyes, nose and jaw in chimpanzee attack that said her eyes, nose and jaw were ripped off by the chimp.

Honestly, I think I would rather someone let me die. What sort of life is this woman going to have now?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Honestly, I think I would rather someone let me die. What sort of life is this woman going to have now?
Hi Woofers!!!

I feel the same way. I can't imagine that Charla will have any quality of life.

The trauma of the attack aside, a life without eyes is unfathomable to me.

My heart breaks for this woman, her family, and her friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut