Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 07:38 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,219 times

Advertisements

Correct, we deserve a break after last winter where we got storm after storm from today through the beginning of February. I like it nice and quiet, I don't even mind if it's cold, the snow I can do without though. Days start to get longer now and no real snow forecast for the forseeable future, not bad, nope, not bad at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back to weather now. Definetly a flip from last year when we were struggling to get over freezing and was having a blizzard at this time last year. Not everyone can have the trough so let the West have their turn (and SOUTH west too) half foot fell in some spots in Texas yesterday and a foot in some spots in New Mexico..

Warming up to near 50 again this week. Steady 40s mostly.

December 28, 2011 Storm Update:

Localized Flooding possible. Rain to start Tuesday evening. Heavy downpours at night as system strengthens. Winds will pick up also.

Its funny because NWS continued to mentioned frozen precip and I just didnt see anything to that nature. Finally they dropped it. LOL. As I been saying, this one is an All Rain event and Heavy too.

HPC Track.

HPC qpf amounts. An inch or more is possible tomm night.
Note the circled system.... Thats our next potential storm next week which needs to be watched closely as the trough digs deep.

Accu Map.Parts of Adirondaks could get a foot of snow out of this one. Northern VT, NH and NorthEast NY as well.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:44 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Its funny because NWS continued to mentioned frozen precip and I just didnt see anything to that nature. Finally they dropped it. LOL. As I been saying, this one is an All Rain event and Heavy too.

And Accu Weather still thinks wet, non-sticking snow could mix in at the end of the storm in the I-95 corridor, but I'm not buying it.......I think unless the New Year's Eve forecast changes Central Park actually has a fully snowless Dec.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
And Accu Weather still thinks wet, non-sticking snow could mix in at the end of the storm in the I-95 corridor, but I'm not buying it.......I think unless the New Year's Eve forecast changes Central Park actually has a fully snowless Dec.
Yeah, they should be updating that soon. Apparently models were showing moisture on backend when cold air filtered in but it should cut off quick.

New Years Eve should dress up the landscape a bit...will check that later. Jan. 3rd still looks interesting.

This was the text discussion from Upton earlier.

Quote:
EVEN THOUGH MUCH COLDER AIR MOVES IN BEHIND THIS IMPRESSIVE SYSTEM...FEEL PRECIPITATION CUTS OFF BEFORE ANY CHANGEOVER TO FROZEN OCCURS.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:57 AM

One Year Ago today - One of the most talked about and memorable snowstorm/Blizzard in the area.

Look at the spin of the satellite loop and all other weather maps. Tracking this weeks before was crazy, experiencing it was insane.

NOAA link to details of storm. December 26-27, 2010

Old 12-26-2011, 02:35 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,742,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back to weather now. Definetly a flip from last year when we were struggling to get over freezing and was having a blizzard at this time last year. Not everyone can have the trough so let the West have their turn (and SOUTH west too) half foot fell in some spots in Texas yesterday and a foot in some spots in New Mexico..

Warming up to near 50 again this week. Steady 40s mostly.

December 28, 2011 Storm Update:

Localized Flooding possible. Rain to start Tuesday evening. Heavy downpours at night as system strengthens. Winds will pick up also.

HPC Track.

HPC qpf amounts. An inch or more is possible tomm night.
Note the circled system.... Thats our next potential storm next week which needs to be watched closely as the trough digs deep.

Accu Map.Parts of Adirondaks could get a foot of snow out of this one. Northern VT, NH and NorthEast NY as well.
I'm loving the track of that one Cambium! Hoping to go flying tomorrow night in it!! We might have ceilings around 500 ft which would be perfect since the freezing level is well above us!

Old 12-26-2011, 02:49 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
It would be funny if after all this we get a trace in December after all because of New Year's Eve:

Snow Flurries to Bring in the New Year in Times Square (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-flurries-to-bring-in-the-1/59505 - broken link)

Old 12-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
It would be funny if after all this we get a trace in December after all because of New Year's Eve:

Snow Flurries to Bring in the New Year in Times Square (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-flurries-to-bring-in-the-1/59505 - broken link)
LOL!! I know, right. I'd find it more interesting to get a snowless December then a New Years Eve surprise.

Latest data shows the Clipper still coming through. .27qpf to Hartford which would mean about 3"..

More importantly, Over an inch liquid within 12hrs time tomorrow night..

Old 12-26-2011, 05:36 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Quote:

Count on it working out that way! If you can take a bet, the odds are some snow between now and New Year’s Eve. Not that I see any snow…any chance of snow…or even any hope of snow in the next several days - lol.

Yet, the odds are very long that December 2011 will pass with zero snowfall at Central Park, NY…

Old 12-26-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm going to watch the development of this storm tomorrow. There's a huge storm in Canada right now heading south and the one from the Gulf heading NorthEast.

Looking at the composite reflectivity heaviest (and I mean heavy) rain should come between 8pm-11pm.

Its crazy that it starts tomorrow evening and ends by 5am. If we get over an inch within that time frame count on localized flooding to happen. A bulk of it will fall within 3 hour timeframe.

Plus..heads up on wind gusts to 40-50 near the coast as this thing pulls away.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut