Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,834 times

Advertisements

On my direct tv hd dvr i have a problem with just one channel. That being channel 360,
the fox news network. I get channel 359 and 361 but not 360. I get every other channel.
On 2 other boxes in my house that have just direct tv, i get the fox channel (360) fine.
It's got to be the dvr box. They last about a year and seem to wear out. I like direct tv
but not the unusual problems with the hd dvr box. This is my second one. Just fix the
problem. I don't have the time to keep analyzing the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,622 times
I have had Directv since it started and have loved it until this new DVR came out. We just had our third DVR go out on us and are waiting for our new or refurbished to be sent out. I am seriously thinking of changing to Comcast.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 6,739 times
I just got a new "whole house" installation of HD DVR with Directv (I switched from Dish to Directv on 7/3/10). On the evening of 7/16, my satellite stopped picking up a signal, and the issue was not weather-related. I tried everything recommended on Directv's online troubleshooting web page, as well as in their printed guide, and nothing worked; I even climbed up to the roof to check the dish itself to be sure the cable was still plugged in. The next morning, my service was still down, so I called their "customer service" number (I had purchased their "protection plan"), which generated a voice-activated program which then asked me to repeat everything I had already done. when I finally got a real person on the line, she said that it would be FOUR DAYS before they could send out a service tech to try to fix my problem. this is unacceptable! less than two weeks into a new installation with Directv, and my service is down 4 days before they come out to fix it! On top of that, I was informed that a service slot might open up before my scheduled visit, but that I had to call back to check to see if this is the case. which means that, unless I called back at exactly the right time to get a slot which opened up unexpectedly, I would still be stuck waiting 4 days for service. I'm so sorry I ever switched from Dish Network!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy333 View Post
I just got a new "whole house" installation of HD DVR with Directv (I switched from Dish to Directv on 7/3/10). On the evening of 7/16, my satellite stopped picking up a signal, and the issue was not weather-related. I tried everything recommended on Directv's online troubleshooting web page, as well as in their printed guide, and nothing worked; I even climbed up to the roof to check the dish itself to be sure the cable was still plugged in. The next morning, my service was still down, so I called their "customer service" number (I had purchased their "protection plan"), which generated a voice-activated program which then asked me to repeat everything I had already done. when I finally got a real person on the line, she said that it would be FOUR DAYS before they could send out a service tech to try to fix my problem. this is unacceptable! less than two weeks into a new installation with Directv, and my service is down 4 days before they come out to fix it! On top of that, I was informed that a service slot might open up before my scheduled visit, but that I had to call back to check to see if this is the case. which means that, unless I called back at exactly the right time to get a slot which opened up unexpectedly, I would still be stuck waiting 4 days for service. I'm so sorry I ever switched from Dish Network!
Go to their facebook page - someone may be able to help you there.
I would post what ever you can about receivers, etc.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times
to anyone looking for help w/ DBS equipment (dish, directv . ), dbstalk.com is the best place to find an answer.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:55 PM

13 posts, read 51,906 times
Occasionally when auto recording a movie, the DVR does not get the last few minutes of the movie. Sometimes the few minusts of the end of the previous movie will be recorded at the beginning of the movie set up for auto record. What signals the DVR to start and stop recording a program? Anyone else have this problem?
Where does the time get set in the DVR, does that come from DirectTV or can it be set manually? I can't find it on any menu.

Thanks
William

Old 08-26-2010, 05:55 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimes View Post
can it be set manually? I can't find it on any menu.
Yes, it can be set manually.
Menu - manage recordings - manual

Old 11-29-2010, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 111,307 times
Thanks a whole lot...real big help.
http://redditvotebot.comze.com/pics/...V/facebook.jpg
http://redditvotebot.comze.com/pics/...P/facebook.jpg

Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,956 times
Angry defective card

I don't have a HD receiver,but I am having trouble with my receiver or card(I think) my older brother ordered me a new card five months ago,then recently about three weeks several channels started being switched around for example the Cooking Channel which is on 232 is now on 338 and that's the Gospel Music Channel,there are several channels like this. The other receivers which are HD DVR receivers work fine. Last night I restarted my receiver hoping the channels would realign themselves ,but after it went through the installation process this message came up" You have inserted wrong access card. " this can't be true for obvious reasons. What's going on ,I'm very upset ,is my card defective or what. I also don't get program titles. Will they charge me for a new card or will they send a free new one .is my card defective or is it my receiver the card is five months and the receiver is older

Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Our Directv HD DVR just shut down several months ago. I couldn't get it to work at all, even after talking to a Directv tech. A new receiver was sent, and I'm having problems with it being much slower than the first one we had. There is a delay of several seconds with any of the functions, whether it's changing channels or programming it to record. I may ask for a new receiver, especially since the currrent one has a "refurbished" sticker on it...
ask for an HR24 model HD DVR.
if that's a no go turn to the customer information chanell and press red red, red, yellow, green, blue, blue.
this will de-frag the IRD and allow for a faster running system as far as the delay between channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics