Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 06:51 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for information about how long others have been preserved in this state in the past with little luck. I did find this Life After Brain Death: Is the Body Still 'Alive'? | LiveScience but no real data other than a few notes about someone in Japan. I have to think this will be ending one way or another soon given the state her body must be in. I would think at some point her veins will collapse stopping her heart due to a lack of medication?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I've been looking for information about how long others have been preserved in this state in the past with little luck. I did find this Life After Brain Death: Is the Body Still 'Alive'? | LiveScience but no real data other than a few notes about someone in Japan. I have to think this will be ending one way or another soon given the state her body must be in. I would think at some point her veins will collapse stopping her heart due to a lack of medication?
If not already.

I feel a lot of empathy for the CHO staff. I hope they've gotten EAP and crisis counseling. They deserve care for what they were.subjected too, IMO.

We really don't have a way of knowing timeframes, except educated guesses, as no one has exactly released how her body is being "treated," and to what end.

I am watching the mom not being around Dolan and his determination to challenge various laws in CA. I haven't seen an update about the family consenting to that lawsuit. One can only wonder whether the family understands something differently now, or if their attorney isn't the influence he once was or other.

Thanks for the link. I've not had a lot of time recently to search for much. Plus, with the B.C. case, I wanted to make sure the pertinent issues were covered. Both this 13 y.o. teen brain dead and a pregnant 32 yr.old mother to be. Otherwise, totally different in every other way.

MSR

MSR

Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Default The Oakland Clergy Speaks ..

I can't say I understand releasing this article three days ago. I know the Clergy says the hospital wouldn't meet with them earlier. Still, where these people prior to Christmas when the family needed them?

Maybe someone else will get some more from the article.
Clergy Criticizes Children

MSR

Old 02-12-2014, 05:42 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
If not already.

I feel a lot of empathy for the CHO staff. I hope they've gotten EAP and crisis counseling. They deserve care for what they were.subjected too, IMO.

We really don't have a way of knowing timeframes, except educated guesses, as no one has exactly released how her body is being "treated," and to what end.

I am watching the mom not being around Dolan and his determination to challenge various laws in CA. I haven't seen an update about the family consenting to that lawsuit. One can only wonder whether the family understands something differently now, or if their attorney isn't the influence he once was or other.

Thanks for the link. I've not had a lot of time recently to search for much. Plus, with the B.C. case, I wanted to make sure the pertinent issues were covered. Both this 13 y.o. teen brain dead and a pregnant 32 yr.old mother to be. Otherwise, totally different in every other way.

MSR

MSR
Seeing that the mom in BC was only able to be kept on support for 6weeks, ?, I started thinking how long can this go on?

Old 02-14-2014, 04:22 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,142,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
germaine,

I don't know that there is an issue, I haven't been made aware of any. Show me what guideline from Current Events has been violated. Besides, if on schedule KZ's second set of answers are suppose to be out tonight.

I hope this isn't going in six months, but many things are still being decided. Until the family publically announces more about their daughter and whether they will allow that attorney to sue CA, there is still a lot at risk for many people.

I guess the reader who suggested it be closed could receive a DM. I'm not wasting my time on that, but someone might want to.

I think some are uncomfortable this subject won't go away. They sure don't have to click here.

Thanks

MSR
Oops, I must not have phrased it right. I don't think that any rules on C-D were violated.

I was expressing that I wanted C-D to keep this thread open until the "issue" of Jahi's body being on machines was concluded. (One poster wanted it shut down and I wanted it to stay open).

I know that there is little news right now and I'm happy to read whatever the other posters share on C-D..

Old 02-15-2014, 05:22 PM

Default Part II of KZ, CRNA

Here is the second part of KZ, CRNA's guest FAQ.
Trials & Tribulations: Jahi McMath: Frequently Asked Questions, Part II

MSR

Old 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Default I Understood Your Point...Thanks for Clarifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Oops, I must not have phrased it right. I don't think that any rules on C-D were violated.

I was expressing that I wanted C-D to keep this thread open until the "issue" of Jahi's body being on machines was concluded. (One poster wanted it shut down and I wanted it to stay open).

I know that there is little news right now and I'm happy to read whatever the other posters share on C-D..
germaine,

I understood what you were saying. If others didn't, it would be their responsibility to post and ask for clarification.

Many are uncomfortable with the subject. I admit, the vocal family screaming at any media source who would listen, has made this far more difficult than it needed to be. What relief humans would feel to have a press statement that this child's body had been released from this circus.

For me, I very honestly don't understand why:

1. The family doesn't given Dolan permission to sue the state of CA.

2. Fire Dolan.

3. Allow this to be over.

MSR

Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 PM

Default I Question That Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Seeing that the mom in BC was only able to be kept on support for 6weeks, ?, I started thinking how long can this go on?
Spazkat,

I do understand your question. However, my response may not reflect understanding. And an excellent reasoning on your part about the B.C. pregnant mom. Probably the pregnancy was a factor in how long the B.C. team could keep the fetus stable.

How long can this continue?

1. Is any part of the 13 y.o. 's body still functioning with all the mechanical, nutritional, medication and potential other therapies? I do not know. I trust what the coroner's office saw as an outside agency.

2. No leaks?! Whoever has every person involved not saying anything, I wish would head some major security/intelligence in D. C.

3. Who benefits from the motions of life? Not the 13 y.o.

4. Family's statements about suing, I read one article today that apparently some of those posts are coming down from Facebook now.

5. Unknown! But something in me says perhaps talking to different legal counsel or telling Dolan no about the state might bring an end quicker rather than later.

I don't know.........

MSR

Old 02-19-2014, 07:20 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
I found this just now. Letter from Jahi McMath's mother gives latest on Oakland teen | www.ktvu.com

Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I cannot believe this is still going on. It's been months! When is this family going to get it?

The only reason that I wish this thread was no longer would be due to the fact that the family finally admitted, and accepted, that their kid is dead.

This is getting beyond sickening what they are doing to this girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events