Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 06:39 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

The mother gave a tv interview today. Bay area tv, FWIW. I wish she would have given it at the facility so independent reporters could confirm or deny if the body of this 13 y.o. is indeed in a facility.

In the past when I've suggested an interview could answer a lot of questions, I meant where the reporters saw the 13 y.o.'s body and could independently describe and show what they saw. The name of the facility and address don't need to be released. Just independent journalists.

I wonder if the attorney will get any special recognition from the Schiavo Foundation?

What do you think of this interview?
"She's Still Asleep," Jahi McMath's Mother Says of Brain-Dead Daughter | NBC Bay Area

Brain Dead don't "sleep!"

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
She's spending her time with her daughter and away from her living 3 kids.

Life is for the living. Too bad her kids don't have a Mom at home.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 PM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The mother gave a tv interview today. Bay area tv, FWIW. I wish she would have given it at the facility so independent reporters could confirm or deny if the body of this 13 y.o. is indeed in a facility.

In the past when I've suggested an interview could answer a lot of questions, I meant where the reporters saw the 13 y.o.'s body and could independently describe and show what they saw. The name of the facility and address don't need to be released. Just independent journalists.

I wonder if the attorney will get any special recognition from the Schiavo Foundation?

"She's Still Asleep," Jahi McMath's Mother Says of Brain-Dead Daughter | NBC Bay Area

MSR
But she is "blossoming into a teen".

Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:

Yeah, right, like that would be a good idea.

Reporters don't know squat.

And nobody wants to see "it".

Old 03-28-2014, 04:11 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:

MSR
Thank you for continuing to add updates to this thread. I am sure that no one ever would have imagined that the mother would still be saying that her daughter is alive months and months after she was determined to be brain dead by numerous qualified doctors.

And now Jahi's mother is claiming that Jahi is turning her head from side to side and even turning her body in bed (to get more comfortable).

Last night I had a dream that several more years had passed and Jahi had turned into a skeleton and her mom still was telling others that she was just "asleep" and would wake up soon.

It is amazing that nothing has leaked out about where the body is being held. Even if the nurses/caregivers are swore to secrecy passersby must see Jahi's mother going to and from the facility. And the spouses & roommates of the nurses & caregivers are also sworn to secrecy? That is not very believable.

Even technicians, cleaning crew or delivery people must go to the facility. How could they keep it quiet all of these months? Does Ms. Winkfield stop at a coffee shop, or buy groceries, or buy fingernail polish or live someplace. Why hasn't anyone seen her? With millions of people with camera phones not one person in these past months has seen Ms. Winkfield on the street or going inside a hospital/nursing home/clinic/facility ?

Frankly, I have suspected from the very beginning that Jahi is simply being kept in someone's basement with one or two friends or relatives living in the house and keeping the equipment going. To me, that is the only explanation about how her location is kept secret for so long.

But since no outside source has seen Jahi's body in months perhaps they have already buried her. Unless I see Jahi's head connected to her arm and hand with the painted fingernails, it is not proof that it is even Jahi's hand when Mom describes .

It was a sad situation and is even getting sadder.

Last edited by germaine2626; 03-28-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 10:22 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mo...183000979.html
WTH?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:01 PM

Default A Physician Reporter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, right, like that would be a good idea.

Reporters don't know squat.

And nobody wants to see "it".
I do agree, Dale Cooper, many would be tentative to be a witness reporting to the public. But all tv stations have access to physicians as special correspondents.

Whether you find that person credible and accurate is up to you and your experience with brain death.

Sorry, I can't accept what you listed as valid reasons a physician correspondent couldn't conduct an interview.

MSR

Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:

MSR
Did she really say there are no tubes or catheters in Jahi's body except for a feeding tube????? So they are just dumping food into the feeding tube and not wondering why nothing comes out??? Did I hear this incorrectly?

Did anyone notice that when she was answering questions she skated around she either closed her eyes or looked to the left or the right when she answered which is a tell that you are lying? Simple questions she looked straight into the camera for.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 PM

Default Excellent Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Thank you for continuing to add updates to this thread. I am sure that no one ever would have imagined that the mother would still be saying that her daughter is alive months and months after she was determined to be brain dead by numerous qualified doctors.

And now Jahi's mother is claiming that Jahi is turning her head from side to side and even turning her body in bed (to get more comfortable).

Last night I had a dream that several more years had passed and Jahi had turned into a skeleton and her mom still was telling others that she was just "asleep" and would wake up soon.

It is amazing that nothing has leaked out about where the body is being held. Even if the nurses/caregivers are swore to secrecy passersby must see Jahi's mother going to and from the facility. And the spouses & roommates of the nurses & caregivers are also sworn to secrecy? That is not very believable.

Even technicians, cleaning crew or delivery people must go to the facility. How could they keep it quiet all of these months? Does Ms. Winkfield stop at a coffee shop, or buy groceries, or buy fingernail polish or live someplace. Why hasn't anyone seen her? With millions of people with camera phones not one person in these past months has seen Ms. Winkfield on the street or going inside a hospital/nursing home/clinic/facility ?

Frankly, I have suspected from the very beginning that Jahi is simply being kept in someone's basement with one or two friends or relatives living in the house and keeping the equipment going. To me, that is the only explanation about how her location is kept secret for so long.

But since no outside source has seen Jahi's body in months perhaps they have already buried her. Unless I see Jahi's head connected to her arm and hand with the painted fingernails, it is not proof that it is even Jahi's hand when Mom describes .

It was a sad situation and is even getting sadder.
Germaine, An excellent post. Interesting about your dream....

I share the same views. A physician reporter seeing the body to explain what is or isn't there. Better yet, send 3-5 physicians from different news organizations so there are multiple witnesses.

I also agree there is no way to stop workers, those who deliver supplies and pick up the trash etc. to stop an unintentional comment to someone. The only way I can think of is a Gov't Facility. Much like a medical "area 51."

We know the foundation, the NJ neurologist works with, are various government and .military contracts. We also know the same foundation is wanting to work with foreign governments and has a Foundation in the U.K. So maybe there are ways to keep a body....location unknown.

Did you see the post on the previous page about the Schiavo award? Thus, why anything was released this week.

Thanks for your caring post. So many of us who have posted now for 3.5 months, never thought we'd still be posting about this now. Please parents, let the 13 y.o. have dignity in death.

MSR

Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 PM

Default Wow! I Hadn't Seen This......... Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
StilltheSame,

I believe your comment captured the most accurate feeling. If she's doing all those things, why not let TMZ or the Natjonal Enquirer etc. take some photos?

Thanks for posting!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events