Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 10:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She is a corpse on a ventilator. There is no life to support. Now it is just a macabre experiment to see how long the heart will continue beating in the absence of a functioning brain.
Thanks for the clarification. She is indeed a corpse on a ventilator. Very macabre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 05:53 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Where did you get your medical degree?

She has been declared dead. She is indeed a corpse on life support.
Where did you get your medical degree? Does having one make you a GOD?

Old 02-27-2014, 09:17 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm not the one claiming something different than a doctor, hence why I asked you where you got yours.

It doesn't make them "GOD", but it does make them a whole hell of a lot smarter than you are when it comes to being able to tell when someone is dead.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you are so angry about this but FIVE different medical doctors, with some of the best credentials on the planet, have declared Jahi dead.

What is your skin in this game if you don't mind me asking?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
I think this is a hard situation for most everyone. I would be saddened to see what has been an educational situation for many, review of professional ethics and more deteriorate at this point.

There have been many kind hearted people, regardless of training or occupation post here because of their concern for the 13 y.o. and those involved. Plus those who wanted to learn more.

I've done my best to keep the tone friendly here even when others disagree with me and other posters. If I can't keep a safe feeling for all here, I won't have accomplished what I attempted to do: educate and create a safe environment for others.

There are so many issues involved at various times I've suggested posters start a new discussion to focus on the side issues. Perhaps that may be appropriate at this point too.

MSR

Old 02-28-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not the one claiming something different than a doctor, hence why I asked you where you got yours.

It doesn't make them "GOD", but it does make them a whole hell of a lot smarter than you are when it comes to being able to tell when someone is dead.
So people are not allowed to question the theory of brain death or disagree with doctors? Why is that? And not every living doctor is in agreement on anything. I never said the girl was going to wake up. I'm just getting sick of people vilifying her mother and making her out to be trash or some kind of grifter and the attempt to dehumanize her child. I haven't heard anything disparaging about Michael Schumacher's family and he is likely not going to recover, although great lengths have been taken for him.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Not sure why you are so angry about this but FIVE different medical doctors, with some of the best credentials on the planet, have declared Jahi dead.

What is your skin in this game if you don't mind me asking?
Another poster asks me if I'm a doctor and I ask her the same question, but you say that I am the angry one? lol I think I'm attempting to participate in a discussion where I have a differing opinion.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:03 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Another poster asks me if I'm a doctor and I ask her the same question, but you say that I am the angry one? lol I think I'm attempting to participate in a discussion where I have a differing opinion.
What exactly, is your opinion?
Are you saying that she is still a living person and that her body has not ceased to function on it's own?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
So people are not allowed to question the theory of brain death or disagree with doctors? Why is that? And not every living doctor is in agreement on anything. I never said the girl was going to wake up. I'm just getting sick of people vilifying her mother and making her out to be trash or some kind of grifter and the attempt to dehumanize her child. I haven't heard anything disparaging about Michael Schumacher's family and he is likely not going to recover, although great lengths have been taken for him.
There isn't a 'theory' of brain death. Death is death, it is pretty black and white.

I've seen no one on this thread vilifying Jahi's mother or calling them trash. What we are questioning is her judgement and how this is effecting her other children.

The judgement that is in question is that of some shady doctors, the attorney who is obviously in this for fame, and Jahi's school.

We are not dehumanizing Jahi, at this point Jahi is a corpse. This isn't opinion but fact.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:02 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Schumacher is in a coma. He has not been declared brain dead. That is a very big and crucial difference.

No one here has tried to dehumanize Jahi. We have good reason to be appalled at her mother's behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events