Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 06:51 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere she was moved out of state.

I agree, Spazkat. I don't want to name the physician, but one from NJ as well as what Neonatologist Byrne has written, claim her body was moved to the Tri-State area. I think it's possible her body may be in NJ. That would make the statements about the Uncle attending the Super Bowl, held at the Meadowlands this year, possibly have more traction.

Plus, I thought there was confirmation from the Flight Team.

However, the real question to me, is the family could clear all of that up stating where her body is. Why don't they provide total information vs. releasing only what they want to release.

The family and their attorney could answer a lot of questions that good people who want this macabre situation to end and give the 13 y.o.'s body the dignity it deserves. Yet, they opt not to do so.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 PM

Default Your tboughts about CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Interesting comment in the UK Online article. The family is quoted talking about how much she is moving and how much better she looks when they go to see her in the long term care facility.

She's not in New York. If she was someone would have noticed all the long-distance plane flights. She's still in California, and probably not that far from where the parents live.

Opinions?
Hi cb73,

Thanks for posting. Hypothetically, let's say the NJ M.D. was not honest about the transport. If her body is in CA, how do you thin the family is doing this? Is her body in a facility or relative's home? Care providers would need supplies, nutrtion and medications.

Very similar to your point about the east coast, there would have to be outsiders involved. Then there are the half siblings. How is the family keeping everyone quiet on either coast? I would think it wkuld be very difficult if the other young children were around.

I'm the first to say I don't understand no leaks regardless of where ber body is. NJ would make more sense to me given the Foundation. But I can't say for sure.

You make a good point, if the family is traveling, unless it's a private plane, there should be witnesses. I somehow thought her mother stayed with her in N.Y./N.J. Very unusual and a press conference could clarify. I wonder why the family doesn't talk to the networks and sell an interview to the highest bidder? That would solve many problems and mis-perceptions.

MSR

Old 03-18-2014, 04:01 AM

5 posts, read 5,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
I think it's interesting that he says she bled to death considering the family is convinced she is not truly dead.

I do think the family will pursue a case against the hospital, but with their own attorney admitting that Jahi died in the hospital, it might be difficult to convince a jury that the experts were wrong and that she continued to need expensive care. JMHO.
i'm thinking that those words from dolan were an attempt to backpeddle,since he has to now know he's made a fool out of himself. that any hope that he had of winning,however wrong those hopes were, are gone.he has realized that the court has kicked him and the scamfam to the curb..so to speak.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 PM

Default Some Prep Work

If this family is deposed or possibly goes to court, I'm thinking consultants will be called in to prep them. Not too many courts appreciate terms like I found here:
Jahi McMath: Family calls state report 'B.S.'; new medical record details emerge - ContraCostaTimes.com

MSR

Old 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceridwen_9 View Post
i'm thinking that those words from dolan were an attempt to backpeddle,since he has to now know he's made a fool out of himself. that any hope that he had of winning,however wrong those hopes were, are gone.he has realized that the court has kicked him and the scamfam to the curb..so to speak.
I agree Ceridwen. I missed your post earlier due to an eye problem and literally not being able to read. Sorry.

I, too, thought Dolan's comments hurt his potential legal actions. While this may just be me, I sense such anger from him when he comments. Had it not been for the judge's decisions and then not enforcing his own decision, which allowed this entire scenario to be set up, I struggle to see how Dolan has contributed to this case in a positive manner. Just my view.

Thanks for posting

MSR

Old 03-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Default Dr. Paul Byrne's Latest Post: " J.M. Accepting Her Life"

I've posted previously about the unusual timing of press releases from the family and then an update from Neonatologist, Dr. Paul Byrne. Apparently, my visual difficulties last week didn't allow me to see his last one. The title, "Jahi McMath Accepting Her Life," of this post was dated 3/18/2014.

Of great significance here is this follow up writing WAS NOT ACCEPTED by the National Catholic Bioethics Center!

Read it yourself and hopefully some can elaborate more, as I freely admit I get confused reading it.
Jahi McMath--accepting her life

Thanks for any clarification anyone can add!

MSR

Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Default Dr. Paul Byrne's Latest Post: " J.M. Accepting Her Life" Rejected by NCBC

I've posted previously about the unusual timing of press releases from the family and then an update from Neonatologist, Dr. Paul Byrne. Apparently, my visual difficulties last week didn't allow me to see his last one. The title, "Jahi McMath Accepting Her Life," of this post was dated 3/18/2014.

Of great significance here is this follow up writing WAS NOT ACCEPTED by the National Catholic Bioethics Center (NCBC) !

Read it yourself and hopefully some can elaborate more, as I freely admit I get confused reading it.
Jahi McMath--accepting her life

Thanks for any clarification anyone can add

MSR

Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Byrne obviously rejects the concept of transplantation. That is his motive in insisting that Jahi is alive. She is not alive. She is a corpse being artificially ventilated. If the ventilator is removed, she will stop breathing and her heart will stop.

Byrne's opinion is contrary to that of the Catholic Church.

Dr. Haas discusses neurological criteria for determining death - By John M. Haas, Ph.D

Old 03-25-2014, 12:20 PM

Default Good Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Byrne obviously rejects the concept of transplantation. That is his motive in insisting that Jahi is alive. She is not alive. She is a corpse being artificially ventilated. If the ventilator is removed, she will stop breathing and her heart will stop.

Byrne's opinion is contrary to that of the Catholic Church.

Dr. Haas discusses neurological criteria for determining death - By John M. Haas, Ph.D
Thanks Suzy. I'd read previously that this neonatologist was extreme in his views. I know Catholics tend to support organ donation and transplants. It helps to have your link so any reader can refer to the Catholic Church's viewpoint compared to one retired practitioner who has been influential in the 13 y.o. girl's case.

I wonder if Dolan understands the difference between Dr. Byrne's views vs. the Catholic Church? I haven't seen this in print but suspect Dolan was planning to use this retired neonatologist as an expert in any legal action.

MSR

Old 03-26-2014, 09:49 PM

Default Family to be honored by Terri Schiavo Network

I'd say this is a surprise, but it isn't.

Unless I'm confused, I believe this is where the NJ Neurologist and OH retired Neonatologist connect.

So many of us have pointed out many in the Schiavo Network absolutely do not understand the difference in severe and profound brain damage vs. brain death.

They would if they read this thread!
Jahi McMath's Family to Be Honored by Terri Schiavo Network | NBC Bay Area

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events