Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 06:50 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It will be accomplished because the family doesn't want to lose the chance of winning big time with a lawsuit against the hospital. Deliberately ignoring a court order to turn the body over to the coroner isn't going to help them win a lawsuit. It makes them look like they are trying to hide something.

That is, unless they really did feed Jahi pieces of hamburger {in front of witnesses} and know they don't have a chance at winning a lawsuit anyway.

JMO
It's going to be tough what prove what did or didn't happen at various times. The more time the goes on, usually, the less specific a pathologist can be.

Oh, I agree about the lawsuit, but still have not seen them sign the papers to allow their attorney to sue CA.

Good comments, thanks, Annie.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I would expect that when her heart stops beating, the coroner will come and pick up the body, and perform an autopsy.
Well, if the coroner knows where she is etc. It kind of boggles my brain to think about it.

MSR

Old 02-25-2014, 07:14 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I find it kind of interesting, that when this all started, reports said that her body would only last for a few weeks at most, on the ventilator. Weeks seems to be turning into months.
The truth is, although her brain is dead her body is alive as long as she has the life support and her heart doesn't fail. I understand that she will never experience consciousness again but she is not a corpse like people keep saying. I doubt if you put a corpse on life support you'd get a heart beat.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
I've been having a look at the gofundme site, I have a couple of friends who have also used it to raise monies for various reasons. From what I have read unless the money is donated to a registered charity or non-profit then it is taxable. Am I reading this right ?

Either way another $155 doesn't go far with type of care they are providing for her.
Nope. A gift is only taxable above a certain amount of money from an individual donor. And it would actually be taxable to the donor.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:59 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
It's going to be tough what prove what did or didn't happen at various times. The more time the goes on, usually, the less specific a pathologist can be.

Oh, I agree about the lawsuit, but still have not seen them sign the papers to allow their attorney to sue CA.

Good comments, thanks, Annie.

MSR
I don't think an autopsy at this point in time will yield much evidence either, however, I am sure the defense attorneys for the hospital would jump all over the fact that the family refused to produce the body for autopsy.

If the family plans on filing and winning a law suit.....they better turn the body over to the coroner.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
The truth is, although her brain is dead her body is alive as long as she has the life support and her heart doesn't fail. I understand that she will never experience consciousness again but she is not a corpse like people keep saying. I doubt if you put a corpse on life support you'd get a heart beat.
That is exactly what you have with Jahi. She's already been declared legally dead and has been issued a death certificate. She is a corpse on life support.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
That is exactly what you have with Jahi. She's already been declared legally dead and has been issued a death certificate. She is a corpse on life support.
Not it is not what you have with Jahi.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:05 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Not it is not what you have with Jahi.
Where did you get your medical degree?

She has been declared dead. She is indeed a corpse on life support.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:15 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
She is a corpse on a ventilator. There is no life to support. Now it is just a macabre experiment to see how long the heart will continue beating in the absence of a functioning brain.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:19 PM

And whether Dolan files the lawsuit to challenge CA law.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events