Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 01:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Jahi McMath: State releases report on Children's Hospital Oakland's handling of patients - San Jose Mercury News

I think that is a very interesting choice of words from the attorney of the family.
Raindrop101, Thanks for posting. I read Dolan's words too. What do you find interesting...meaning do you think Dolan is going to pursue this issue with the hospital and/or state more or less given his words?

Looking forward to your response.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 07:58 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Raindrop101, Thanks for posting. I read Dolan's words too. What do you find interesting...meaning do you think Dolan is going to pursue this issue with the hospital and/or state more or less given his words?

Looking forward to your response.

MSR
I think it's interesting that he says she bled to death considering the family is convinced she is not truly dead.

I do think the family will pursue a case against the hospital, but with their own attorney admitting that Jahi died in the hospital, it might be difficult to convince a jury that the experts were wrong and that she continued to need expensive care. JMHO.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,462,062 times
Quote:
I think it's interesting that he says she bled to death considering the family is convinced she is not truly dead.
Heh. Nice catch. Even the family's attorney is now saying that she died in the hospital. I guess the payout will be higher if they agree that she actually did die before she left the hospital

Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,429,640 times
Found this in todays Daily Mail online ... very strange, very very strange ......

Family of 'brain-dead' Jahi McMath say teen is showing signs of life | Mail Online

Old 03-15-2014, 10:34 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Jahi McMath: State releases report on Children's Hospital Oakland's handling of patients - San Jose Mercury News

I think that is a very interesting choice of words from the attorney of the family.
The report angered Christopher Dolan, Jahi's family attorney, who said the results illustrate why medical negligence lawsuits are necessary.
"The report is evidence of what the family has faced from day one, doctors covering for other doctors," Dolan said. "The family was not even interviewed, to my knowledge. How can a 13-year-old girl bleed to death in an ICU, and there is no evaluation or finding explaining that?"

OMG what a dumbass.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:53 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times
Interesting comment in the UK Online article. The family is quoted talking about how much she is moving and how much better she looks when they go to see her in the long term care facility.

She's not in New York. If she was someone would have noticed all the long-distance plane flights. She's still in California, and probably not that far from where the parents live.

Opinions?

Old 03-15-2014, 01:36 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Interesting comment in the UK Online article. The family is quoted talking about how much she is moving and how much better she looks when they go to see her in the long term care facility.

She's not in New York. If she was someone would have noticed all the long-distance plane flights. She's still in California, and probably not that far from where the parents live.

Opinions?
I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere she was moved out of state.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:55 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,429,640 times
If the family are so pleased about her (Jahi's) ability to move around and acknowledge people around her how about they share a video? We have to take the uncles word that this is actually happening, if they are so sure she is recovering why not let a professional witness this ? why no photos or videos.

Maybe a reminder that Jahi is still on life support and a little nudge to those who are/have donated.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:58 PM

Default The Family's Sudden Media Blitz

I think this is similar to what Jan posted. But I'm posting to show how suddenly since the State cleared CHO of deficiencies, suddenly this family emerges to the press. I guess the real question is what do they hope to accomplish by it?

I would defer to any legal expert here, but knowing some about how malpractice suits are built, why would an attorney allow this information out prior to a law suit? From my understanding of how these cases info isn't leaked to the press, it's saved for the actual legal proceedings.

What do you think?

From the SF Chronicles: Family says brain-dead Jahi McMath showing signs of life - SFGate

MSR

Old 03-15-2014, 08:11 PM

Default Always Best to ask Clarification!

Quote:

I do think the family will pursue a case against the hospital, but with their own attorney admitting that Jahi died in the hospital, it might be difficult to convince a jury that the experts were wrong and that she continued to need expensive care. JMHO.
Raindrop101,

An excellent post. So often we can assume we know what another means and not ask for an additional clarifying remark. I'm so glad I did as you posted your thoughts which made me think more about the article.

I was still wondering if Dolan believed he could take on changing CA Law. Your comment is so practical and real. Should a malpractice suit be filed and not dismissed along the way, would a jury of 12 people actually believe their attorney given his comments to the press?

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events