Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 10:57 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
There is no legal "private sale" of any firearm to a Californian. A Californian who buys any firearm in Nevada is committing a Federal crime, as is the seller.

You say "The ATF report found 46% of sales at gun shows involved felons." That's not a documented fact, that's a misleading out-of-context quote from "Following the Gun", itself based on statistics from a 1999 report. More importantly, the 46% number is meaningless. Here's the actual source:

So the BATFE selected 314 of their own investigations conducted around gun shows, and found that of these investigations, 10.5% involved a felon attempting to purchase a firearm (not 10.5% of all sales, but 10.5% of the case files they reviewed). Because this number isn't scary enough, you decided to go with the 46.2%, a number which is mostly comprised of felons peripherally involved with the seller, not the buyer.

But no, you take it step further, and say "The ATF report found 46% of sales at gun shows involved felons.". That's not a documented fact, that is a lie.
Thank you for proving me right even if you tried to twist the facts.

Are you saying felons don't buy firearms in Nevada? Do you approve that our system let's this occur without any oversight? Do you support liberal laws that allow such sales?

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Felons were associated with selling or purchasing

firearms in 46 percent of the gun show

investigations
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
Straight from the document.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 11:27 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
He's definitely not a psychopath, those people have no problem with getting girlfriends - they can get one or two even if he is ugly and was just sprung from jail. Very charming, gift of gab.

Aspergers? Maybe. There have been aspergers cases in the relationships forum asking about how to get girlfriends ..... I know from working with lower-functioning autistics that they can become suddenly and unexpectedly violent.

Narcissistic PD? certainly part of the problem, but I don't think they're often violent (they don't want to get hurt or disfigured).

Old 05-25-2014, 12:17 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
He's definitely not a psychopath, those people have no problem with getting girlfriends - they can get one or two even if he is ugly and was just sprung from jail. Very charming, gift of gab.

Aspergers? Maybe. There have been aspergers cases in the relationships forum asking about how to get girlfriends ..... I know from working with lower-functioning autistics that they can become suddenly and unexpectedly violent.

Narcissistic PD? certainly part of the problem, but I don't think they're often violent (they don't want to get hurt or disfigured).
I think at the end he was psychotic, (not a psychopath.) If you read the last few pages of his manifesto, he has definitely lost touch with reality at that point.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:49 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Condolences to all who lost loved ones. Just another example that the status quo isn't working and something should be done.
Whenever something terrible like this happens and my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families, I wonder to myself "how many gun owners did not shoot anyone today"?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 AM

854 posts, read 1,482,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say this kid had a very warped idea of what love is. He probably was never shown real love in his life. It's a sad commentary on this entire generation.
Oh come on, give me a break. There are sick people in every generation.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

Nope.. Strongly disagree.

Here is a Utube Video of him in the car..

I'm Awesome - YouTube

Here is the song he is listening to

George Michael Father Figure - YouTube

Here are the words to that song..

"Father Figure"

That's All I Wanted
Something special, something sacred -
In your eyes
For just one moment
To be bold and naked
At your side

Sometimes i think that you'll never
Understand me
Maybe this time is forever..
Say it can be

That's all you wanted
Something special, someone sacred -
In your life
Just for one moment
To be warm and naked
At my side

Sometimes i think that you'll never
Understand me
But something tells me together
We'd be happy

(baby)
I will be your father figure
(oh baby)
Put your tiny hand in mine
(i'd love to)
I will be your preacher teacher
(be your daddy)
Anything you have in mind
(it would make me)
(very happy)
I have had enough of crime
(please let me)
I will be the one who loves you -
Until the end of time

That's all i wanted
But sometimes love can be mistaken
For a crime
That'sail i wanted
Just to see my baby's
Blue eyed shine
This time i think that my lover
Understands me
If we have faith in each other
Then we can be
Strong

I have had enough of crime
I will be the one who toves you
Until the end of time

If you are the desert
I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger -
Hunger for me
Whatever you ask for
That's what i'll be. .

So when you remember the ones who have lied
Who said that they cared
But then laughed as you cried
Beautiful darling
Don't think of me

Because all i ever wanted
It's in your eyes baby, baby
And love can't lie. No...
(greet me with the eyes of a child)
(heaven is a kiss and a smile)
Just hold on, hold on
I won't let you go, my baby

Will be your father figure
Have had enough of crime
So i am gonna love you)
Until the end of time
Will be your father
Will be your preacher
'Ii be your daddy
Will be the one who loves you until the end of time

GEORGE MICHAEL LYRICS - Father Figure

He was looking for a father figure in a woman. He wanted a woman to approach him in male manor... or with male thinking. He had expectations on women to see through him to the facts, basically.. that he was a good looking, educated, well clothed, articulate and a great catch.

He was transgendered ( In my opinion) with a strong degree to asexuality. Asexuality is not having a desire to have sex, but then he turned that around ( or bypassed that issue mentally) and turned towards victimization of himself and viewed women as the problem for that issue. He, himself never asked anyone out and most likely didn't have that desire but after 22 years ( as he stated) he came up with excuses on how it was not his fault for being single..

This thinking is very reverted.

Edit: His outside persona is/was unapproachable by other people. He never wanted to be approached and at the same time, never approached anyone because ASEXUALITY is not wanting to have sex. But, he turned that around and said that the cute blonde women in his college, was/were the problem for him not having sex. Jesus-- he even mentally uncovered the EXPENSIVE sunglasses that George Michael wore in this video.. and bragged about the price tag of the sunglasses he bought ( to impress), in one of his other videos on Utube.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 05-25-2014 at 02:53 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 02:07 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Don't be daft. You can never prevent all evil from happening, all the time. These shootings are incredibly rare, you might as well make a huge deal out of people being struck by lightning. "Too many people are getting hit, something must be done!". No, it's just an unfortunate reality of this world, some people are messed up in the head and kill other people. If they can't do it with a gun they will use something else. Homemade bombs are easy enough to make, just ask the boston marathon a-holes.
I agree, knives are just as deadly if someone knows how to sneak around.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:12 AM

854 posts, read 1,482,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think at the end he was psychotic, (not a psychopath.) If you read the last few pages of his manifesto, he has definitely lost touch with reality at that point.
Yeah i agree. If he was a psychopath he wouldn't care that people disliked him so much.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:35 AM

966 posts, read 1,345,706 times
I doubt mr willy had ever been to a gunshow, but that 40% number is like all the other statistics that gun grabbers spew, made up garbage. I have attended a number of shows and the the vast majority of sellers are DEALERS, and in commiefornia, ALL sales must go thru a dealer, which this nut job did. So which of all the laws all ready on the books would have stopped him ?
Murder is illegal in all 50 States for people who know how many states there are, and all 57 states for the occupant of the white house
and in commiefornia
Carrying a loaded gun in the passenger compartment is illegal
not having the weapon in a secured locked case in the trunk is illegal
not having the ammo separated from the weapon is illegal,
carrying a weapon on a campus is illegal.

he also murdered the 3 other people with a knife, where is the cry for knife control ?
he also hit 2 people on bikes with his car, where is the cry for more car control ?

When are the liberals going to put the blame where it is due, on the criminal, and not on the tool, Oh that's right, they never will because that would be admitting that they were wrong and a individual is responsible for their own actions.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:15 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
I doubt mr willy had ever been to a gunshow, but that 40% number is like all the other statistics that gun grabbers spew, made up garbage. I have attended a number of shows and the the vast majority of sellers are DEALERS, and in commiefornia, ALL sales must go thru a dealer, which this nut job did. So which of all the laws all ready on the books would have stopped him ?
Murder is illegal in all 50 States for people who know how many states there are, and all 57 states for the occupant of the white house
and in commiefornia
Carrying a loaded gun in the passenger compartment is illegal
not having the weapon in a secured locked case in the trunk is illegal
not having the ammo separated from the weapon is illegal,
carrying a weapon on a campus is illegal.

he also murdered the 3 other people with a knife, where is the cry for knife control ?
he also hit 2 people on bikes with his car, where is the cry for more car control ?

When are the liberals going to put the blame where it is due, on the criminal, and not on the tool, Oh that's right, they never will because that would be admitting that they were wrong and a individual is responsible for their own actions.
The problem that I have is sales without background checks. Do you think it's okay to sell guns to felons? Do you think sales in 33 states without checks is okay? Proven statistics that gun sales in Florida and Georgia end up in New York, and Boston. States with stricter laws have no chance when firearms are so easily obtained.

Trash talk California all you want, but you can be proud of your right wing Patriot Movement Jared Loughner from your state with liberal gun laws. My guns are mine, and I have been to shows, but that's not the point. You support illegal sales that I'm against, so you figure out who's the real conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events