Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 06:57 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times

Advertisements

Seattle dog rides bus to dog park alone | News - Home

Lab-mastiff mix rides bus alone.

So I guess we have no leash laws now?

And letting dogs roam is completely legal?

And we wonder why we have all these bite/attacks that occur. Is this not a lawsuit waiting to happen against the bus company if the dog attacks someone? What about other people that let their dogs roam? Why is this allowed. We are so crazy as a society that we actually look at this as a positive. So many things that could go wrong here and completely irresponsible behavior. Yes, dog is smart for a dog. So what. That's not the point. Totally idiotic behavior by the owner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Nobody on the bus seems to mind.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:01 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Nobody on the bus seems to mind.
That's the same mentality of people who run their dog off leash at the park or let their dogs roam free, which results in horrible consquences. Just because someone actively doesn't come up to you to say something doesn't mean they don't mind. I know I'd mind as would many others.

Did they do a poll of every single person on a bunch of buses? How about once a dog bites someone?(eventuality if everyone starts letting their dogs ride the bus) Why should I have to put up with that crap just because I want to get on a bus? What right does he have to do that?

How much effort does leashing your dog until you get to the dog park and then taking off the leash take? Just curious about that.

So vhmini, should leash laws be taken off the books? You sound like those court shows where the person who had a dog running loose and attacked someone says "everyone runs their dog off the leash". This is a serious problem. There's no enforcement. Then we talk breed bans, when in fact the number one problem by far is no leash enforcement and irresponsible owners. The guy is letting the dog run loose in a city. What if it gets hit by a car? It's irresponsible towards the dog and the general public. Complete idiocy. Yet the media points to it as "cute story". Ridiculous

Old 01-13-2015, 08:01 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,059 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:59 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
That's the same mentality of people who run their dog off leash at the park or let their dogs roam free, which results in horrible consquences. Just because someone actively doesn't come up to you to say something doesn't mean they don't mind. I know I'd mind as would many others.

Did they do a poll of every single person on a bunch of buses? How about once a dog bites someone?(eventuality if everyone starts letting their dogs ride the bus) Why should I have to put up with that crap just because I want to get on a bus? What right does he have to do that?

How much effort does leashing your dog until you get to the dog park and then taking off the leash take? Just curious about that.

So vhmini, should leash laws be taken off the books? You sound like those court shows where the person who had a dog running loose and attacked someone says "everyone runs their dog off the leash". This is a serious problem. There's no enforcement. Then we talk breed bans, when in fact the number one problem by far is no leash enforcement and irresponsible owners. The guy is letting the dog run loose in a city. What if it gets hit by a car? It's irresponsible towards the dog and the general public. Complete idiocy. Yet the media points to it as "cute story". Ridiculous
No, I do not believe in "everyone runs their dog off the leash". I get seriously pissed when I see dogs off leash, except for the few in my neighborhood who are well controlled by their owners' verbal commands. My dog is ALWAYS leashed when we're out.

Do you live in Seattle? Are you likely to ever run into this potentially vicious monster on your bus ride?

Old 01-13-2015, 09:41 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
Ruh-roh!

Old 01-13-2015, 09:44 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
I see smiles on people's faces.... not looks of terror or disgust..... looks like the dog is actually cheering people up with her kind and gentle demeanor..... maybe there is a future for her as a therapy dog!!

Old 01-13-2015, 11:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I think that is a wonderful story. You can see how happy Eclipse makes her co-passengers. You can also see she is not a vicious dog.

I bet though, now it's been made very public, officials will put an end to Eclipse riding without her owner. The owner better learn to snipe his butts.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:25 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I bet though, now it's been made very public, officials will put an end to Eclipse riding without her owner. The owner better learn to snipe his butts.
As well it should be! Its a DOG... What's next? Will we be sitting next to a cocker spaniel on a plane? Or a cat in the movie theatre?

Old 01-13-2015, 11:30 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
As well it should be! Its a DOG... What's next? Will we be sitting next to a cocker spaniel on a plane? Or a cat in the movie theatre?
People can buy a ticket for their pet to fly on a plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events