Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:57 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yep, that could only happen in Seattle or Portland. No other place would allow it. Everyone else is all about fear and people running around scared to death about every little thing. I don't know how I survived the 70's, but I did. Today, people would die living back then.
That is why I love Mexico. Just about any town you walk through, dogs are walking down the street by themselves, occasionally meeting up with another dog to play on the corner, or taking a nap on the sidewalk. Nobody bats an eye. Where I grew up in the 70s, everybody's dog was off leash, the dogs roamed the neighborhood with or without kids and very few folks complained. Today its a capital offense to have a dog "off leash". Guess what, dogs are meant to RUN and play. Hard to do on a leash. I'm the rebel in my hood whose dogs are let in and out the front door day and night. They primarily stay on my property although the little one occasionally visits neighbors to beg for hand outs. They do not bite, they are well mannered and if people don't like it, too f****g bad. Now if you own an aggressive or high strung dog who cannot be trusted, I understand the leash. But when dogs grow up in an environment where all the dogs roam free, there is little ag[IMG]g odg.jpg[/IMG]gression or anxiety. They tend to get along just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Dog rides bus alone-g-boy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 09:05 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,765,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I'm as gullible as the next person, but I really don't think cats can fly. They're not very aerodynamic and I can't imagine that, even spread out, they could provide enough lift to get off the ground, much less carry passengers.
...and a stoned flying cat just sounds very dangerous to boot.
Some cats fly....

Some cats get stoned. Catnip is an ugly drug. Just say Meow.

Yeah, I'd rather fly next to a cat or dog than some people. Most definitely.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:06 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,927 times
Another example: I live next to a farm, in a small neighborhood that borders it. I feed the horse and the pony sometimes right from my hand from my backyard.

There are two farm dogs. One large, one small. They are never apart. They are great citizens. Just the nicest dogs I've ever met. They seem to have learned how things work around here and have a strong measure of inner discipline. Sometimes they decide to visit the neighborhood. They have never been anything but respectful, calm, unintrusive, and completely non-threatening, to humans large and small and to fellow canines. Our neighborhood loves them.

They are trusted without a leash. In fact they've never had any leash and have never been accompanied by any human.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:03 AM

14,936 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
As well it should be! Its a DOG... What's next? Will we be sitting next to a cocker spaniel on a plane? Or a cat in the movie theatre?
I'd much rather sit next to a well-behaved dog or cat than some people!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:34 AM

13,622 posts, read 10,024,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Animal Planet ran a story a while back about a British Shorthair that would ride the bus from his home to the aquarium.... the staff there loved when he visited.... he just liked looking at the fish.....
I think that must be a characteristic of us British Shorthairs. The liking to watch fish, that is.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:51 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,396,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
That is why I love Mexico. Just about any town you walk through, dogs are walking down the street by themselves, occasionally meeting up with another dog to play on the corner, or taking a nap on the sidewalk. Nobody bats an eye. Where I grew up in the 70s, everybody's dog was off leash, the dogs roamed the neighborhood with or without kids and very few folks complained. Today its a capital offense to have a dog "off leash". Guess what, dogs are meant to RUN and play. Hard to do on a leash. I'm the rebel in my hood whose dogs are let in and out the front door day and night. They primarily stay on my property although the little one occasionally visits neighbors to beg for hand outs. They do not bite, they are well mannered and if people don't like it, too f****g bad. Now if you own an aggressive or high strung dog who cannot be trusted, I understand the leash. But when dogs grow up in an environment where all the dogs roam free, there is little aggression or anxiety. They tend to get along just fine.
That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard in my life.

Then why do you always hear about people's pitbulls running loose and then they attack people. Numerous studies and examples have shown the consequences of letting dogs run loose through a neighborhood. It's a recipe for disaster

Yes, and you also have cartels running around killing everyone and total chaos. Last thing on my mind in Tijuana would be off leash dogs. Place is a hell hole.

A fine is a capital offense? A capitol offense= death penalty.

A dog can run and play a dog park. They're all over the place.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:53 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Or a kid who cries and fusses cuz his ears hurt and creates stinky diapers.....

It's really a push.

Or "An American Tail". Or the musical "Cats". Or "Mouse Hunt". Or "Stuart Little". There are a lot of good choices!

I have a cat in real life who watches hockey. She sits on the table that the TV sits on and watches the players skate back and forth, batting at them once in a while. I think she's really cute, but it frustrates my son when he is trying to watch the game!
Simple solution to that problem; get your cat her own TV.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:59 AM

Oh yes let's get rid of leash laws. It's proven unleashed loose dogs are a public safety hazard and many vicious maulings are the result of idiot owners that don't leash their dogs. You can see by the responses on this forum that stupid dog owners are everywhere. How many times have we heard about dogs loose rampaging and attacking? Why should people be subjected to this crap? Most of these public pit bull attacks are them getting loose/not being leashed.

Three people attacked by pack of pit bulls on the loose in Fall River; two hospitalized | Local News - WCVB Home

Grant report: Woman was unconscious before dog mauling

Roswell boy recalls frightening dog attack | KRQE News 13

Police Shoot, Kill Rampaging Pit Bulls Loose Around San Leandro Marina « CBS San Francisco

Loose Pit Bulls Attack 3 In Fall River « CBS Boston

Pollock woman critical after mauling by stray dogs

Saskatchewan town starts destroying dogs after child attacked

moderator cut: image removed

Just google loose dog attacks....find out how many were off leash/strays/running loose. Dogs running loose= really bad for people/children. I could give THOUSANDS of examples of dogs with no prior history running loose and attack/mauling people.
There's a reason leash laws exist.

Honestly this thread REALLY points out the disgusting lack of care for others by idiot dog owners. That we should have to be forced to be up with risk of injury due to their obvious negligence. Kind of reminds me of drunk drivers or people who live in apartments and party all night not giving a rats ass about anyone but themselves. Isn't this forum where a woman said she'd save her dogs in a fire before her husband? Sick people on here.

Last edited by Marka; 01-19-2015 at 02:20 AM..

Old 01-14-2015, 11:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Oh my god, a dog gets on a bus & rides it to a park. Big freakin' deal. It's funny. That's all there is to the story. Why are some making such a stink about it? Must everything that comes in front of your eyes be cause for grievance?

I will add, if I were the owner I wouldn't allow that to happen simply because people suck & I would assume someone would steal or hurt my pet. Other than that, it's a funny story.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

I will add, if I were the owner I wouldn't allow that to happen simply because people suck & I would assume someone would steal or hurt my pet. Other than that, it's a funny story.
Does your family/mother/father suck? You just said "people suck". They're people. I have to ask because this is the forum where people say they like dogs better than people and dogs are more important. Your family= humans. Or are you just selfish and it's your family that is important and screw everyone elses kids?

The story is a prime example of people completely ignoring leash laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events