Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:53 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

When people confront strangers (like I would) without getting the police involved, arm chair quarterbacks say they are wrong. When people call the cops without getting involved, these same people say they are wrong. Then of course they have to speculate and add the person is a racist with no evidence what so ever to back up that claim.

The only person who was wrong in this whole mess was the cop who used excessive force, period.

`
Instead of "confronting" an apparently innocent man. Why not just wave and say hello.

In this case you cannot have a full conversation, but you can exchange a greeting and get a feeling for what is going on. As someone else hinted, there is just too much xenophobia here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 10:12 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
The officer got arrested and charged. End of story until trial.
Tell that to the paralyzed man.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Instead of "confronting" an apparently innocent man. Why not just wave and say hello.

In this case you cannot have a full conversation, but you can exchange a greeting and get a feeling for what is going on. As someone else hinted, there is just too much xenophobia here.
Exactly! I agree. That's the intelligent thing to do, although I doubt if the caller expected the police to brutalize the man. The caller sounds ignorant, but we can't blame him for what happened. He's not a trained law enforcement officer.

Everything these days is on video, at least that's what we are supposed to think. I felt nauseous watching them drag Mr. Patel after he was injured. Here's my question. Imagine there was no video. If a cop acts this way when the camera is rolling, what does he do when there's nobody watching?

Again, I do not believe this is the way most police officers behave, so this is not an anti-police rant.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:40 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
If the 911 caller had' known dude was Indian from the get-go...he/she would've never called the police.

Bet them dudes raced to the scene lookin' forward to scuff up some *****...but ran across an "illeygul ayleein turrurist" instead and said to themselves... "this'll do"

I hope all the minorities cosigning police brutality see this video. I'm sure there were many indians acting as if police brutality was only a problem for black folk. What people fail to realize is that the police are just PRACTICING on blacks. Best believe when the war starts, ALL people (including oblivious whites) will be victimized by these tactics.

This is the reason ALL Americans should be up in arms about police brutality. Its incompatible with a truly democratic state.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:53 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Let's stay in reality police haters...
This is a tragic case...unjustifiable to me... and thousands like me.
I do however doubt that the morning of this crime the ex policeman got up thinking... today I'm hoping to jack up some Indian guy...and the comments that we like backing people up or look for confrontations is blatantly and utterly false... unless that is you want an instant career ender.
I also challenge any of you to go through the selection process and background ... most of the public wouldn't pass... our ratio is 300 to 1... applicant to the street .... and the controls on today's police in america are higher than anytime in history ... and will only continue to escalate. At one point in the future every action a policeman makes will be instantly reviewed.... and at line point there will no longer be a human being taking these actions... as a drone and computer will conduct a citizen contact ... thank god I'll long be dust

I have stated over and over... police misconduct including acts of unnecessary use of force account for less than 1 percent of the thousands of contacts police and citizens have daily.
This man was removed from duty. ... fired.. criminally filed upon... every action he took will be under a microscope ... I think he will be judged harshly...

Let this guy be tried...

Old 02-16-2015, 04:55 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Let's stay in reality police haters...
This is a tragic case...unjustifiable to me... and thousands like me.
I do however doubt that the morning of this crime the ex policeman got up thinking... today I'm hoping to jack up some Indian guy...and the comments that we like jacking people up or look for confrontations is blatantly and utterly false... unless that is you want an instant career ender.
I also challenge any of you to go through the selection process and background ... most of the public wouldn't pass... our ratio is 300 to 1... applicant to the street .... and the controls on today's police in america are higher than anytime in history ... and will only continue to escalate. At one point in the future every action a policeman makes will be instantly reviewed.... and at some point there will no longer be a human being taking these actions... as a drone and computer will conduct a citizen contact ... thank god I'll long be dust

I have stated over and over... police misconduct including acts of unnecessary use of force account for less than 1 percent of the thousands of contacts police and citizens have daily.
This man was removed from duty. ... fired.. criminally filed upon... every action he took will be under a microscope ... I think he will be judged harshly...

Let this guy be tried...

Old 02-16-2015, 05:06 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
I'd be more outraged if the officer wasn't fired and charged with a crime. However, there will be a stain on the rest of the police officers in that city. Was this an example of their usual behavior? Were they lucky that other times they didn't severely injure an innocent man on camera? What was the ex-officer's record like? Was he a bad conduct person or a stellar officer until this time he got caught? This city will be paying this guy and his family for years to come.

Before the people of India get too outraged over this, they should take care of their gang rape problem.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:05 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post

Before the people of India get too outraged over this, they should take care of their gang rape problem.

Someone finally showed up with this intelligent comment! The guy was here in USA. Something terrible happened here and it has nothing to do with what happens in India. Or you suspect there is a relationship?

Old 02-16-2015, 07:10 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthewise1 View Post
I hope they go bankrupt followed by some other cities. Until more citizens feel the pain, they will not demand professionalism from LEOs.
Monetary settlements against the police should come out of their pension fund and each officer should have to carry a $1,000,000 Personal Liability policy paid by themselves or their Union. Might go a long way in self-policing the police.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:39 AM

148 posts, read 309,649 times
It's funny how there are quite a few comments stating "Indians are harmless" or alluding to his age, but what if he WERE a 30 year old black male? Would the cop had been justified then? Or should cops take race/nationality/age into consideration with how they treat people? And here I was thinking justice was supposed to be blind....silly me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events