Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 06:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Giuliani and Putin would make a great pair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 06:54 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Ok, I think everyone needs to just calm the eff down. Facebook does not have any hidden policy about conservative political affiliations. They just have a really inefficient way of taking down FB pages that is reliant on reporting by its customers.

I have several super-conservative friends who are always posting stuff about Obama and gun rights, etc. And they never get yanked. I don't want to unfollow them because I like knowing what's going on in their lives, but I do get subjected to their more obnoxious views ad nauseum. They don't get flagged.

At the same time, some friends follow a site by a talented art photographer that is continually getting yanked because people flag it for nudity. It gets yanked, and then reinstated, in an endless cycle.

Facebook doesn't really care what you put on your FB page unless someone else finds it offensive enough to report, and then the burden is on the person with the FB page to justify it. I wonder how a 12-year-old was able to justify his presence on a site that requires he be 13 to have his own page?

In any case, Facebook can pretty much do whatever it wants, legally speaking.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:25 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Had Facebook locked his whole account and did so for violation of the age requirement then they'd have an actual leg to stand on.

Instead, they only locked up his video AND said it was for something other than an age issue so they've clearly shown which side of the fence they're standing on (and certainly NOT the first time).

For your edification, I'm far from an "Anarchist", actually I'm more interested in Candor.
Their site, they could do whatever they please. You do not have a "right" to a Facebook account.

I've seen plenty of nonsense posted and allowed on Facebook and this kid's video is far from radical. He can come back in a year :-)

Old 03-02-2015, 08:26 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
It is an interesting case, in some ways.

12-year-old

The youngster speaks of his 'editor, Alan Davidson'. Is he writing a book?

Anyway, I am glad to see this youth interested in politics.

I agree that this is probably much ado about nothing. But, it is making him 'famous'. Probably by accident, and not design.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:44 AM

283 posts, read 521,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Really? can you back that up?
Maybe your bitter because your man dickens got thrown out of office because of being the baboon he is and drug down that city. Giuliani is the best to happen to that city. He should have ran against the idiot that is in there now.
Dinkins dragging the city down is a myth. Urban crime and blight had already been a problem since the late 60s. The crime decline actually started during the last two years of his administration. It was Dinkins that started the Safe City, Safe Streets program (that put 8,000 additional cops on the street) and filed federal housing applications that got homeless people off the street, increasing the overall quality of life. A lot of Dinkins' policies had delayed effect and ended up benefiting Giuliani. Please do some research before spouting off next time,.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
There is something fundamentally off about a 12 year old being " politically active" regardless of his beliefs.

The under aged kid lied to join Facebook.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Oh, you haven't heard...free speech left the building when the "great" one arrived.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grimace View Post
Why the hell are 12 years old getting involved in politics! Go play outside with your friends!
I know what you mean. There is something fundamentally off about a 12 year old who is " politically active", regardless of his politics.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:59 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Oh, you haven't heard...free speech left the building when the "great" one arrived.
So it's your understanding that Facebook is a government?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:01 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Unless every facebook page that has posted viral videos of Giuliani have been yanked, this is not a story, but a huge waste of everyone's time who clicked on OPs link to this thread.
Do you have any idea how many kids have FB pages, and are under the age of 12? Their parents set the page up for them.

I was going to start posting a bunch of links, but thought against it because it would feel creepy. So just know, it is very, very easy to find little kids' FB pages, under the age of 12, all over FB.

No one pulled those pages down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events