Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Do you have any Apple products?
Most electronics are actually manufactured in China. Not just Apple.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:37 PM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I was honestly shocked myself. About 20 years ago, I would eat at McDonald's almost every Saturday morning, for breakfast. Either a sausage McMuffin or Egg McMuffin and hashbrowns. The food was quite good those years and even for many years after. The last time I ate breakfast, it tasted horrible. Greasy and inedible. Just seems the quality has really gone downhill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? Wow. I think the sausage McMuffins are probably my favorite fast food breakfast - a rare treat for me. They taste damn near as I would make them at home. I can't imagine why you have had such a bad experience. How weird.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:42 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I was honestly shocked myself. About 20 years ago, I would eat at McDonald's almost every Saturday morning, for breakfast. Either a sausage McMuffin or Egg McMuffin and hashbrowns. The food was quite good those years and even for many years after. The last time I ate breakfast, it tasted horrible. Greasy and inedible. Just seems the quality has really gone downhill.
Their breakfast was?
I still find their preparation of egg and meat English muffin to be top-notch, if a bit overpriced. $3 for one egg, one sausage patty, and an English Muffin? Come on, McD, WTH???

Old 03-10-2015, 01:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Part of it is prices, part of it is health, part of it is service. I know with me because I am eating low carb, I can't really eat the bun. All I can do is about 5-10 McNuggets (which is higher than normal nuggets because of the breading they do) and unsweetened tea. I personally like Wendy's as well as Whataburger better but they aren't as accessable.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:02 PM

145 posts, read 204,031 times
its called chipotle, qdoba, noodles, smashburger...all denver originals

Old 03-10-2015, 03:05 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
The drive through at the local McDs can take 15 minutes, just to get a drink. At BK, it's 3 minutes or less.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:12 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
It has not here. I have had one within the last year and they are just as good as they used to be, thank goodness.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:44 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,412,949 times
The McDonald brand has such a negative reputation. People go to the fast casual places because is is usually better food, different food, a degree more healthy (compared to fast food), and better experience. McDonalds is like Wal Mart and a place like Panera, Chipotle, Five Guys (or similar places where you see the food made in front of you and seems like it is actually fresh and real) is like a Target. Yeah, people will still go to Wal Mart out of necessity or being really frugal, but the better experience and worth more of your time at a Target.

Most of my bad fast food experiences have come at McDonalds while my best have been at Wendy's, Arby's, and Chick Fil A (both fast and don't really screw up my orders in my experience). My local McDonalds is awful. Their drive thru line is always wrapped around the building and dining room line usually to the doors. While they do get busy, it because they are terribly slow and the workers never give a crap. Yeah, blame crap wages but their peers are probably getting paid the same at other fast food places but actually seem to care a bit. The only thing that McDonalds does better than other fast food places is their sweet tea, IMO.

A few weeks ago I was on the road in the morning and really craved a breakfast burrito. I stopped by my local McDonalds (same one I just mentioned above) and no line inside or in drive thru. I was surprised! Given the bad weather, I decided for the drive thru. Big mistake. It took me ten minutes to get my burrito and when I did it wasn't even warm. The workers didn't care. I have complained before to McDonalds but nothing changes. McDonalds is the only fast food place left (besides Taco Bell, but no thanks) that serves breakfast so I had no choice.

I think they need to slim down their menu and get back to core things. There is just too much writing on their drive through menu and makes it hard to find anything. Most people just want the Value menu/dollar menu stuff. Also, offer breakfast longer. Them and Taco Bell are the only ones left that offer breakfast (at least in my area) so they should use that to their advantage.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:48 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
I think people are becoming more health conscious, though that is not the sole reason.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:57 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Their breakfast was?
I still find their preparation of egg and meat English muffin to be top-notch, if a bit overpriced. $3 for one egg, one sausage patty, and an English Muffin? Come on, McD, WTH???
Comparing today in the Winn Dixie flyer: 2 dozen large eggs for $2.99
Buy one get one free Thomas' English muffins for $4.49 16total
3lb bacon smithfield thickcut for $9.99 (cannot stand sausage.) about 20slices

each egg is $0.13
each muffin is $0.28
each slice of bacon is $0.50
total $0.91
Cripey I could eat all work week for $5.00 making it at home and taking it to go compared to $15 for the Golden Arches.

Of course I recall Pops would mark food up 3x and 4x from base cost in his restaurant but he was not paying retail as above he was paying Foodservice prices.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-10-2015 at 04:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events