Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 10:20 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And if in a public place, such as a restaurant, they can do that in the bathroom, in a stall. There is no reason for them to do it out in the open at their table. That is called simply having manners.
Sorry, but my hungry baby would trump you or anyone elses feelings. I would not make my baby eat in a bathroom stall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 10:20 AM

506 posts, read 426,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Actually the thread is about people who simply can't stand that someone would dare ask anything of them, no matter what it was and feigning being offended as a way to silence others. Got that too? Sometimes there are two backsides on one side of the story and they want to control everything and anyone around to the point of silence.
No, actually the thread is about mocking morons who are interested in harassing women who are just trying to feed their hungry children.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:21 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Who controlled anyone? Who required and forced anyone to do anything? Did the mother cover? So the woman got offended, get over it, isnt that what you say others should do? It is only your way?
Are people not allowed to be offended? Are we not allowed to discuss this? I would hope that more people would recognize how negative comments impact breastfeeding women and decide to look the other way rather then confront.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:24 AM

506 posts, read 426,192 times
Quote:
And if in a public place, such as a restaurant, they can do that in the bathroom, in a stall. There is no reason for them to do it out in the open at their table. That is called simply having manners.
Why should women be forced to go hide in the bathroom like they're shooting up heroin, when they are only trying to feed their children? If your uncomfortable with seeing a mother feed her hungry child, perhaps you should go eat your meal in a bathroom stall, that is called manners, buddy.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
So someone makes request. What part of request is so hard to understand? Talk about people getting their panties in a bunch. What is next, crying and emotional trauma? Are people really that sensitive that a mere request invokes offense? Stay home then the world is full of human beings asking all sorts of questions and you might not like some of those questions. By all means, save everyone else the trouble of your easily offended egos and humility that causes you so much angst.
Or people could be more considerate and evaluate a situation in it's entirety before asking a stranger to change for what they are doing so that they can be made to feel more comfortable. Maybe they could first ask themselves what they could do to help make themselves feel more comfortable (look away).

Old 03-16-2015, 10:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Sorry, but my hungry baby would trump you or anyone elses feelings. I would not make my baby eat in a bathroom stall.
Then don't be surprised by someone not enjoying seeing you breastfeed your kid at a restaurant table & to talk to management or to you yourself. It's really such a burden to have some manners & not do that at a table where people eat & can see you? Again, some people have no manners.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Expecting a mother to nurse her child in a bathroom stall is very rude. I see no reason at all why a mother who is nursing discreetly would need to leave the table to nurse. No one is forcing you to look at her.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Then don't be surprised by someone not enjoying seeing you breastfeed your kid at a restaurant table & to talk to management or to you yourself. It's really such a burden to have some manners & not do that at a table where people eat & can see you? Again, some people have no manners.
Are you lacking the ability to avert your eyes?

Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Why should women be forced to go hide in the bathroom like they're shooting up heroin, when they are only trying to feed their children? If your uncomfortable with seeing a mother feed her hungry child, perhaps you should go eat your meal in a bathroom stall, that is called manners, buddy.
Yep, go to the bathroom if you need to do that. I go to a restaurant to eat a meal, not to see someone else sitting next to me taking out their boob. I actually asked my female friends who have kids about this. All of them said that they did not breastfeed their kids in public. They understood it's a private matter & that others would not want to be a witness to it. They either went to a bathroom or pumped beforehand into a bottle. See? It's really not that difficult to have manners.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are you lacking the ability to avert your eyes?
Hard to do when the person doing it is in your line of vision. They can go to a private place to do it. As I mentioned, all of my female friends have the ability to do it so it's not that difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events