Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 11:57 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,193,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
How can you compare a female with a 6 foot felon resisting arrest? You are despicable to even bring female violence into this matter. They have nothing in common.

What I am saying isn't justifying what the police did, what i am saying is that the man could have lowered the chances of getting killed, by not running away. What is ridiculous is to to compare any crime against women, with what happened with this suspect. For one, women are smaller/weaker than men, so any aggression sent their way is criminal. It's totally different situation, since I don't believe that a woman's dress, or lifestyle would warrant any violent crime. It's different in this case, because the suspect was already guilty of not paying child support, yet he decided in that moment, to take a risk and run. Sure 99% of the nation's police force would have called for backup. and done the right thing. It's the 1% I personally would never chance being faced with. That is why you do not run away. He was a 6 foot black male, in SC, I'm not saying it's right, because it is far from it. What I believe is that too many males take that risk, and resist arrest. It's cool, you can fight for your rights as a detainee, resist arrest and insist on your rights on the spot. But your chances of being dead are increased over the person who complies.....
Nice try, but deflection won't work. You blame the victim. My argument is entirely valid.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,153,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
According to the person who captured the video of the shooting..actually said Mr. Scott only started running AFTER he was tasered...and in watching the video, I could actually see the streamers from taser coming from his back. I was wondering why his run appeared so awkward at first. The video was started after the Taser Gun was shot off into his back/side??...which I'm sure would have hurt like hell.. The dash cam should show what actually transpired prior to fleeing from officer..and apparently one other officer was at scene during this stop for broken taillight..so SLED is interviewing him as well as the other officers..who apparently reported things far differently than what the video show...Why would Police officer's lie when making out their incident report??? I know rhetorical question

That's the scary part. They are complicit to murder. That's what would happen to anyone else.

If we had a good Police force, like some of these posters suggest, you would've had an accurate report probably detailing the witnesses' testimony.

Instead you had cops covering up a murder.

In the Mike Brown shooting there was NO Police report filed. Correction, it was a blank report. Aka fill in the blanks after you get all the details.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:08 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,511,027 times
some of you (who think police will and can shoot you if you run away) might want to read this

When Can Police Use Lethal Force Against a Fleeing Suspect? - ABC News

This is all common sense - unless person is real dangerous or just murdered someone - police cannot justify shooting in the back. Now justification part - maybe this is what is accomplished by moving a things here and there by this officer and then making a fake story! Luckily video showed up.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM

28,976 posts, read 30,364,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Creme, look. Maybe if Scott hadn't run he'd still be alive. But his running is NOT what killed him, and by pondering that question, you shift some of the blame to Scott when he does not bear any blame here.

And you're right--a bear isn't a human being, which was my point. When you're confronted with a wild animal or vicious dog, the advice is always not to run because they will often chase you and attempt to kill you. Slager was an experienced adult human being who was able to assess the situation and make a choice about how to proceed. He did that and he chose to shoot Scott and then, apparently, to cover it up. That's why Scott is dead--not because he ran.

I didn't intend to mock you.

thank you kindly for the explanation....greatly appreciate.....

but your upset and taking my thoughts the wrong way, I think? ....I am honestly unable to compare animals to humans in this situation....wait...
Let me put it this way....I am so very sorry Scott died this way and extremely embarrassed by this officers actions.....so much so, you cannot even begin to imagine....this officer's actions were despicable...

I'm not deflecting blame....for me, I keep thinking over and over again, "oh if only Scott hadn't run, maybe, he'd be home with his family tonight"????

Guess I should stay out of these conversations, cuz I get myself in trouble....I think out loud....and I'm so sorry Scott was shot, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family, to the mother....
sometimes I write the wrong things, so I try and check before I post, but I'm so sorry you don't understand what I'm saying...

I'm honestly and completely on your side....

creme

Old 04-09-2015, 12:21 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,978,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
thank you kindly for the explanation....greatly appreciate.....

but your upset and taking my thoughts the wrong way, I think? ....I am honestly unable to compare animals to humans in this situation....wait...
Let me put it this way....I am so very sorry Scott died this way and extremely embarrassed by this officers actions.....so much so, you cannot even begin to imagine....this officer's actions were despicable...

I'm not deflecting blame....for me, I keep thinking over and over again, "oh if only Scott hadn't run, maybe, he'd be home with his family tonight"????

Guess I should stay out of these conversations, cuz I get myself in trouble....I think out loud....and I'm so sorry Scott was shot, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family, to the mother....
sometimes I write the wrong things, so I try and check before I post, but I'm so sorry you don't understand what I'm saying...

I'm honestly and completely on your side....

creme
cremebrulee, many people who post here get emotional and what gets posted becomes more than just a discussion board. For some, this is all they have and they'll get all wound up just because someone posted something they don't agree with and it becomes a thing.

Only fools argue that the shooting was justified however, what led up to the shooting was more in the control of the man than that cop.

It isn't about blame, it is about reality. The man made some bad choices in his life that placed him where he was and in the situation of being in the presence of a cop who wanted to kill someone. It might have been someone else but then again, it might not. No one is going to know that unless some other facts come out to show that.

For some, this was the best thing that could happen, it matches their agenda and the fact that a man was gunned down doesn't really mean too much, now they have not only the smoking gun but the shooter as well.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,958,328 times
There is this perception by some, that cop shootings are not racially motivated. That white cops (and black cops) are shooting white people all the time, but the incidents are hushed up and only when black men are shot does MSM get their chance to whip up fervor and outrage in the citizenry. Whoa... what a stretch this is.

There is an international 8 level scale of increasing social polarization and aggression that are recognized to lead to Genocide. In many ways Black Men in America are victims of an unacknowledged genocide of a particularly insidious nature. America simmers along at a steady Level 3 with respect to the overall black population, but for black men a level 6 or even 7 is not hyperbole. Black men are being killed, legally, in significant numbers by white men and women, and thanks to Stand Your Ground laws in several states the killers are not always duly sworn. Ordinary citizens have taken the lives of black men they 'said' were a threat to them, or theirs, and there have been no witnesses or other corroborating evidence necessary to see their cases dismissed. In most cases there was no arrest even made.

Just imagine some of the posters in this thread being duly sworn members of the Law Enforcement community. Some are. Where do you imagine a black man's life rates on their personal awareness? I hope the person who videotaped the shooting is being protected. People in the South don't like their rocks being turned over. Instedad of things like this making them look inward, they lash out.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 04-09-2015 at 12:31 PM..

Old 04-09-2015, 12:26 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,814,064 times
this event happened 250 yard, 750 feet away from where the car stop happened. that is more than 2 football fields away. For those who say the cop just wanted to kill him why didn't he kill him the first time he ran? The guy thought he could outrun him a second time, but he didn't realize he could not outrun a bullet. Hopefully the dashcam video will reveal more.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 PM

28,976 posts, read 30,364,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
cremebrulee, many people who post here get emotional and what gets posted becomes more than just a discussion board. For some, this is all they have and they'll get all wound up just because someone posted something they don't agree with and it becomes a thing.

Only fools argue that the shooting was justified however, what led up to the shooting was more in the control of the man than that cop.

It isn't about blame, it is about reality. The man made some bad choices in his life that placed him where he was and in the situation of being in the presence of a cop who wanted to kill someone. It might have been someone else but then again, it might not. No one is going to know that unless some other facts come out to show that.

For some, this was the best thing that could happen, it matches their agenda and the fact that a man was gunned down doesn't really mean too much, now they have not only the smoking gun but the shooter as well.
thank you kindly

there is a video that someone posted above....it is a cop who shot a man at night, in the dark...
I am unable to watch it again, as when I saw it, I cried so....and still tear up as I'm writing this....
I believe and don't know, but that cops life was ruined....it had to be, he was so so sorry, but anyone would have done the same thing!!!

the truck was driving irratically....a man and his wife were coming home from somewhere, and it was dark....the cop that was on duty, pulled him over....now the man for some dumb reason, gets out of his car....and doesn't stop there....he pulls the front seat of the truck forward, and comes back out with something long....the cop thought it was a rifle, and shoots the guy....
here it was an old man reaching for his cane....
over and over again, I kept asking myself, why in the world did that man get out of the car, why did he reach for something behind the seat...what could he have been thinking....????

Well, the cop fell to the ground and cried...cried so hard...my heart went out to him, b/c there are not many cops out there who want to shoot and kill people....

But this situation, it was a bad bad call, now consider the people a cop deals with every day of his life....

It was dark, and not only does the man get out of his truck but he reaches behind the seat for something and brings out something long? How could the cop have known?

Scott paniced, and he ran...and I just wish he hadn't is all....it is very upsetting....

Watch the video, it will tear your heart out....

2,440 posts, read 3,438,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
It isn't about blame, it is about reality. The man made some bad choices in his life that placed him where he was and in the situation of being in the presence of a cop who wanted to kill someone.... No one is going to know that unless some other facts come out to show that.

1. None of his choices should have merited cold-blooded execution. There is nothing to be said or facts to be discovered that can justify such a cowardly act by a so-called 'civil servant'.

2. What facts need to be presented that are not in the video where the officer and his department lied initially while the attempt was made frame the victim??

12,016 posts, read 12,814,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
T. Black men are being killed, legally, in significant numbers by white men and women, .
this is nonsense. Most blacks are killed by black on black crime by an overwhelming amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events