Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 10:37 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The sheriff took a lot of heat by not arresting the vet right away. He said he had to determine the photo was genuine, interview witnesses, etc. His investigation is now complete, and he has turned over all the evidence to the District Attorney's office for animal cruelty charges to be brought against the vet.

If the vet's facebook acct was hacked, I would have imagined the vet would have come forward to defend herself. As it was, she refused to be interviewed by the sheriff for days. He stated she later agreed to come in with her attorney, but nothing more was divulged. Her family, which was present at the time of the murder, has hightailed it back to Wyoming. They refuse to speak with anyone regarding this incident, despite the fact that when the picture was originally posted to f/b the mother posted comments that gleefully crowed "I took the picture!" and "Jack and I were watching. We saw it all go down"! (Exclamation marks hers) when one of their f/b friends doubted it's authenticity.

I'm not sure what seems "off" to you about this situation, other than the fact that someone who trained for years and took an oath to help animals took such joyous delight in trapping a neighbor's cat, shooting it in the face, and holding up the STILL ALIVE body while mom took a picture. Her ghoulish f/b friends all gave it likes and thumbs up, including the receptionist at the vet's office where she worked. If the vet has mental issues, then she must have a circle of friends and family that have mental issues as well.
This doctor will end-up blaming her family in the end, when punching a time- clock at a corporate job. That is why her family high-tailed it back to Wyoming..

I personally think she has a problem with non-commitment males. Her words: The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head.

It obviously didn't make a difference if the cat was feral or not. In looking at the picture of this cat, his leg had been trapped and is bloody. From the looks of his legs when dangling, his nervous system was still working because his legs are still arched. My observations are, this cat was still alive when this picture was taken.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-24-2015 at 10:46 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 11:10 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,943,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
This doctor will end-up blaming her family in the end, when punching a time- clock at a corporate job. That is why her family high-tailed it back to Wyoming..

I personally think she has a problem with non-commitment males. Her words: The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head.

It obviously didn't make a difference if the cat was feral or not. In looking at the picture of this cat, his leg had been trapped and is bloody. From the looks of his legs when dangling, his nervous system was still working because his legs are still arched. My observations are, this cat was still alive when this picture was taken.

I think that is the most horrifying aspect of this case. Being a vet she would have known the cat was not dead. I don't think monster is too strong a word to describe her (and her mother).

Wyoming ranks among the bottom 5 states for animal welfare/cruelty laws. Somehow the cycle must be broken so no one ever thinks this kind of callous disregard for life is ok.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:14 AM

12,205 posts, read 2,963,596 times
So many on this thread blaming Texas. If you want to blame everyone in a place for the actions of individuals, fyi, she's from Wyoming. Carry on.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:16 AM

12,205 posts, read 2,963,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Avocado View Post
I think she is a sociopath. Even if she thought it was feral and not her neighbor's cat, most vets feed stray cats or capture them to spay/neuter them and then release...not kill them and then proudly display it on Facebook. I wonder what else she has enjoyed killing?

I agree. One article links to a 2011 blog of hers in which she lists killing animals as one of her current interests! Yikes! And she loves hunting with her dad. Daddy's little sociopath. lol I hope she winds up working somewhere where she has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"

Austin County sheriff presents dead cat investigation to district attorney - Houston Chronicle

Old 04-24-2015, 11:20 AM

430 posts, read 835,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Yes, a man IS an island, on his own property he absolutely is. Yes--on my property, I AM THE LAW. Otherwise, what good is property ownership? You might as well just rent and dispense with the notion of private property rights.
You can keep saying that 1000 times, but you're still completely wrong. Again, the law doesn't work that way. You are advocating criminal acts on personal property, and if someone finds you committing them (I keep GPS on all my animals, so I'll know) you'll find yourself with a criminal record, fines, and possible jail time.

Sorry, that's just the way it works. My animal, my property. Even if it's on your grass.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:21 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
[/b]

I think that is the most horrifying aspect of this case. Being a vet she would have known the cat was not dead. I don't think monster is too strong a word to describe her (and her mother).

Wyoming ranks among the bottom 5 states for animal welfare/cruelty laws. Somehow the cycle must be broken so no one ever thinks this kind of callous disregard for life is ok.
I know AR has bow hunting season but it's usually for deer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
So many on this thread blaming Texas. If you want to blame everyone in a place for the actions of individuals, fyi, she's from Wyoming. Carry on.
I don't see how anyone could blame Texas. I don't think any state has bow hunting season for cats.

Wyoming has Antelope, Deer, Elk, Moose, Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goat, Game Bird and small game, Wild Bison. Light Goose, Black Bear, etc.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/hunting-1000179.aspx

Old 04-24-2015, 11:22 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,294 times
Comments from the vet school she attended:
Texas vet accused of shooting cat with arrow a Colorado State graduate

A few things Kristen has mentioned on her blog
Texas vet Kristen Lindsey fired after posting picture of cat she killed with an ARROW | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-24-2015, 11:22 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakbearcountry View Post
Oh seriously? Wow. But I wasn't upset -- I truly do think that we're all going to have different takes/opinions and that was my way of saying 'it's okay if we don't agree'.

But like the other poster said that is the problem with the internet, we lose the tone of our speech and communication.

Don't be in a bad mood! It is Friday!
LOL, thank you, can we be friends....LOL

yes, and we also cannot see expression on faces....so I imagined you were making a funga face at me....
(funga face is Italian for a grumpy face)

and yuppers....it is ok

thank you......

Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 AM

430 posts, read 835,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Then YOU GROW UP and keep your pet in your yard or house. Else expect it will be killed, and it will be all your fault. The law you consider so precious won't bring it back.
Ah, so you admit to not holding the law dear or precious. You'll be the one with the criminal record, and I'll be the one collecting your assets in court.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Blame it on the internet; tone can be so hard to read or convey.

*disclaimer* This is a positive post.
LOL

Thanks for the chuckle!!!

is your name Ironmaiden or Emeraldmaiden?

Just kidding, back in the day, Ironmaiden was a group (English Heavy Metal Band) LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events