Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 04:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Forced? I thought everyone was in a position to homeschool.
You keep ignoring that fact and saying you're forced, so I'm using your words and argument.

But guess what I just read? In CA, like in many states, even if you homeschool you are expected to vaccinate your children.

Guess you'll have to look for Plan D.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:28 PM

282 posts, read 447,024 times
For all the vaxxers who are promoting the use of these dangerous and sometimes deadly things called "vaccines":

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSun View Post
The only US Measles outbreaks were caused BY the vaccines. Anyone with a brain who has done any legitimate research knows that vaccines have zero positive impact, and the idea that you can "vaccinate to prevent" is a myth like unicorns and aliens. The only difference is that most people believe in vaccines, because of the blind advertising due to all the many billions of dollars to be made from selling them.

If you really want the truth about vaccines, then read the information at Vaccine News and Information from Dr. Joseph Mercola

But if you are a blind "anti-brainer" who doesn't like to use their brain, then don't bother reading the unbiased evidence proving the myth of "vaccines" to be a hoax. The only thing vaccines do is create autism and generate billions of dollars of profit (and create fear among the blind sheep who believe the hoax).

I bet you still believe in global warming too, even though that was already scientifically proven to be a hoax and rebranded "climate change" since the earth is actually on a natural cycle of COOLING not warming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSun View Post
Thank you for the article, I figured she was! Since it's been proven that anymore the only thing that has ever caused a measles outbreak was in fact the vaccine itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Just like the Flu vaccines give people the Flu! Remember the idiot PRO Vaccine moron Piece Morgan? He went on the Dr. Oz Show to get vaccinated for the 1st time ever. Just to prove a point that Vaccines don't make people sick.

Well, guess what. He got sick. LOL

Piers Morgan receives flu vaccine injection from Dr. Oz, then gets sick - NaturalNews.com

As for Dr. Oz, guess what he had to say? "My wife is not gonna immunize our kids".

https://youtu.be/bGNn_prJXhg?t=1m

Old 07-05-2015, 04:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Average means average. There are people who make far less then $75,000 per year and those who make far more.

I don't need a link to tell me something that is very obviously not true. One thing does often lead to another. That is very obvious fact of life that is easily observable.
Here is what the study said:
"Undervaccinated children tended to be black, to have a younger mother who was not married and did not have a college degree, to live in a household near the poverty level, and to live in a central city. Unvaccinated children tended to be white, to have a mother who was married and had a college degree, to live in a household with an annual income exceeding 75,000 dollars,"
Children who have received no vaccines: who are they and where do they live? - PubMed - NCBI
It did not say the average income of these families was $75K. Averages can be skewed by outliers. It's not usually used in such studies.

Here's one done right in Denver: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/newsro...e-refusal.aspx
"unvaccinated or under-vaccinated children from higher income backgrounds, with parents who are higher educated, have parents who intentionally choose to refuse or delay vaccinations out of a belief that they are protecting their children. On the other hand, children from families with lower incomes and with less-educated parents tend to be under-vaccinated because they lack access to resources."

And yet another:

"Looking at National Immunization Survey (NIS) data from 1995−2001, Smith, Chu and Barker (2004) found that unvaccinated children were "distinctly different” from under-vaccinated children and significantly more likely to have high socioeconomic status (SES) parents."
http://paa2013.princeton.edu/papers/132073

Every law should be evaluated on its own merits.

ETA: Do West Virginia and/or Mississippi have such child feeding laws?

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-05-2015 at 05:35 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 04:45 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
My take on vaccinations and the actual disease. When you are given the vaccination for the disease with the live virus what percentage of the virus are you getting? Just enough to produce antibodies but not enough of the live virus to cause you to actually come down with the disease.

Contrast this with a person has the actual as the actual disease, whether for measles or chicken pox. How many antibodies are produced to fight off 100% of the live virus in the body, as opposed to let's say 25% of the live virus in a vaccination?

Do you think that they are the same? 25% of the live virus is the same as 100% of the live virus in the amount of antibodies produced?

This is the major difference between natural immunity from having the disease and acquired immunity from the vaccination.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:50 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You keep ignoring that fact and saying you're forced, so I'm using your words and argument.

But guess what I just read? In CA, like in many states, even if you homeschool you are expected to vaccinate your children.

Guess you'll have to look for Plan D.

Show us your source that says homeschoolers must vaccinate. I believe that you are incorrect about this.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:54 PM

282 posts, read 447,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My take on vaccinations and the actual disease. When you are given the vaccination for the disease with the live virus what percentage of the virus are you getting? Just enough to produce antibodies but not enough of the live virus to cause you to actually come down with the disease.

Contrast this with a person has the actual as the actual disease, whether for measles or chicken pox. How many antibodies are produced to fight off 100% of the live virus in the body, as opposed to let's say 25% of the live virus in a vaccination?

Do you think that they are the same? 25% of the live virus is the same as 100% of the live virus in the amount of antibodies produced?

This is the major difference between natural immunity from having the disease and acquired immunity from the vaccination.
Ugh, you're another vaxxer? How about do some real research. Check out mercola if you really want to learn about the lies of "vaccines".

Old 07-05-2015, 05:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Here is what the study said:
"Undervaccinated children tended to be black, to have a younger mother who was not married and did not have a college degree, to live in a household near the poverty level, and to live in a central city. Unvaccinated children tended to be white, to have a mother who was married and had a college degree, to live in a household with an annual income exceeding 75,000 dollars,"
Children who have received no vaccines: who are they and where do they live? - PubMed - NCBI
It did not say the average income of these families was $75K. Averages can be skewed by outliers. It's not usually used in such studies.

Here's one done right in Denver: Expression of privilege in vaccine refusal | Newsroom | University of Colorado Denver
"unvaccinated or under-vaccinated children from higher income backgrounds, with parents who are higher educated, have parents who intentionally choose to refuse or delay vaccinations out of a belief that they are protecting their children. On the other hand, children from families with lower incomes and with less-educated parents tend to be under-vaccinated because they lack access to resources."

And yet another:

"Looking at National Immunization Survey (NIS) data from 1995−2001, Smith, Chu and Barker (2004) found that unvaccinated children were "distinctly different” from under-vaccinated children and significantly more likely to have high socioeconomic status (SES) parents."
http://paa2013.princeton.edu/papers/132073

Every law should be evaluated on its own merits.
I personally know a lot of people who delay, selectively or forgo vaccinations aka "anti-vaxxers" and I can assure you that not all of them make $75K per year. Some are even single moms, struggling to make ends meet. Not everyone fits neatly into boxes and it seems obvious that there is a lot that these researchers who are trying to put "anti-vaxxers" into a box don't know. It is simply false that everyone who chooses not to vaccinate, or selectively vaccinate are in a position to homeschool as Suzy continues to insist. Even if a couple brings in $75k per year combined, when one leaves work to stay home with the kids and homeschool their income will be cut, possibly in half. Do you think that many families in your metro area could easily live on $35K per year? That salary may be enough in some parts of the country but wouldn't stretch very far in others. Even $75K would be difficult in certain areas.

I would agree that there is a difference between those who have made an educated decision not to vaccinate on schedule vs those who just haven't been to the doctor in awhile and may actually be ok with getting caught up due to laws like CA's. I'm just not sure the mandate was needed though to catch the latter group who could have been caught in other ways.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Show us your source that says homeschoolers must vaccinate. I believe that you are incorrect about this.

This is one source which states:

Quote:
California Yes*: Whether homeschooling as individual private schools or through an “umbrella” school, homeschooled students are considered private school students, and are required by law to be vaccinated. The law requires the “governing authority” of each school (i.e. the parents or the umbrella school administration) to ensure that each student is fully immunized, but does not require them to submit proof of students’ immunization or maintain immunization records. See here.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
I personally know a lot of people who delay, selectively or forgo vaccinations aka "anti-vaxxers" and I can assure you that not all of them make $75K per year. Some are even single moms, struggling to make ends meet. Not everyone fits neatly into boxes and it seems obvious that there is a lot that these researchers who are trying to put "anti-vaxxers" into a box don't know. It is simply false that everyone who chooses not to vaccinate, or selectively vaccinate are in a position to homeschool as Suzy continues to insist. Even if a couple brings in $75k per year combined, when one leaves work to stay home with the kids and homeschool their income will be cut, possibly in half. Do you think that many families in your metro area could easily live on $35K per year? That salary may be enough in some parts of the country but wouldn't stretch very far in others. Even $75K would be difficult in certain areas.

I would agree that there is a difference between those who have made an educated decision not to vaccinate on schedule vs those who just haven't been to the doctor in awhile and may actually be ok with getting caught up due to laws like CA's. I'm just not sure the mandate was needed though to catch the latter group who could have been caught in other ways.
Your anecdotes do not trump the research data.

You are correct that homeschoolers are excluded from SB 277:
FAQ: Homeschool | Your Family, Your Choice
"UPDATE: The bill was amended on April 9th to exclude home-based private schools, and again on April 22 to exclude home-based independent charters."

Old 07-05-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Your anecdotes do not trump the research data.

You are correct that homeschoolers are excluded from SB 277:
FAQ: Homeschool | Your Family, Your Choice
"UPDATE: The bill was amended on April 9th to exclude home-based private schools, and again on April 22 to exclude home-based independent charters."
My apologies for providing wrong information. Thanks, Katarina, for the correction.

Back to plan B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events