Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 04:02 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Maybe, but the results address adverse reactions. Um, you can read, yes? What I copied is actually included in the link. Maybe you'll have to scroll further. I don't know why you can't see it. It's all in there.
You're very patient. Reading would require admitting they're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

You're in denial.
All this pesky science is interfering with the anti-vax fiction. If they can't or won't read and continue to post information that is proven to be wrong no wonder mandates are necessary.

If all you care about is "choice" why do you need to make up risks that don't exist? Vaccines are far far far far (add a few more if you'd like) safer than the diseases they prevent. Thousands of studies and thousand and thousands of vaccinations prove this. You may not like that fact, but it is unequivocal and proven.

Sorry, you're wrong.

Worse yet, you know it. Instead of accepting the science you rabidly chase irrelevant squirrels that have nothing to do with vaccine safety.

If you hate science so much, why do you even want your kid in public school? They are not only going to have to learn biology, but you're not going to be able to "choose" the curriculum.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:17 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing what you are quoting in your link. The link you shared is about efficacy.
You are right.. It is not a safety study. Also, 10 of the names on the paper are employed at Merck and Dr. Diane Harper is also on the list.
Dr. Oz And Diane Harper On HPV Vaccines And Knowing The Research

Old 09-02-2015, 06:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Maybe, but the results address adverse reactions. Um, you can read, yes? What I copied is actually included in the link. Maybe you'll have to scroll further. I don't know why you can't see it. It's all in there.
Obviously I can read. Didn't see what you shared. Sorry for asking for clarification. I don't see where your link says what you think it says and neither does Katonjj.

It is interesting to note the names on the top of that paper.

Last edited by MissTerri; 09-02-2015 at 07:13 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
You're very patient. Reading would require admitting they're wrong.

All this pesky science is interfering with the anti-vax fiction. If they can't or won't read and continue to post information that is proven to be wrong no wonder mandates are necessary.

If all you care about is "choice" why do you need to make up risks that don't exist? Vaccines are far far far far (add a few more if you'd like) safer than the diseases they prevent. Thousands of studies and thousand and thousands of vaccinations prove this. You may not like that fact, but it is unequivocal and proven.

Sorry, you're wrong.

Worse yet, you know it. Instead of accepting the science you rabidly chase irrelevant squirrels that have nothing to do with vaccine safety.

If you hate science so much, why do you even want your kid in public school? They are not only going to have to learn biology, but you're not going to be able to "choose" the curriculum.
Did you click on Leebeemi's link? if so why not show us where her quotes are coming from.

While you sit around shouting about science, girls all over the world are being seriously injured by the HPV vaccine. Maybe one day "science" will finally admit what all those injured girls and their parents have been trying to convey for years and your precious science" will say, "oops". Maybe you, your children or your grandchildren will be among the injured and ignored. I'm not going to sit around and wait for authorities to tell me something that is already obvious to anyone with a brain and their eyes wide open. Enjoy your nap.

Last edited by MissTerri; 09-02-2015 at 07:13 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 07:25 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing what you are quoting in your link. The link you shared is about efficacy.
Sign up for Lancet access and sign in. Then you can read the entire article. It's free.

Quote:

You're in denial.
No, I can just tell science from internet hokum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You are right.. It is not a safety study. Also, 10 of the names on the paper are employed at Merck and Dr. Diane Harper is also on the list.
Dr. Oz And Diane Harper On HPV Vaccines And Knowing The Research
Your link is 3 years out of date. The statement attributed to Harper that the vaccine wears off after 5 years is incorrect. People who have been vaccinated are still protected at ten years with no evidence that protection is waning.

Do you have any evidence that Merck in any way altered the results of the study? I didn't think so.

All of the potential conflicts of interest are clearly described at the end of the paper. Merck provided funding (it is their vaccine, after all), but if you think the results are invalid you have to show us why.

There were 2 serious adverse events in the vaccine group, neither attributed to the vaccine, and two in the placebo group.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

No, I can just tell science from internet hokum.
I dare you to say that to the thousands of girls and their families who have had serious injuries from the vaccine. They are not all imagining the connection.

Quote:
Your link is 3 years out of date. The statement attributed to Harper that the vaccine wears off after 5 years is incorrect. People who have been vaccinated are still protected at ten years with no evidence that protection is waning.
Show us the proof that the vaccine lasts 10 years.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Or maybe it's because the adjuvants (aluminum in this case) are a huge part of the problem with the vaccine. Merck clouded the results of the placebo groups reactions with the aluminum (placebo) which skewed the numbers. It's really dishonest.
Gardasil clinical trials -- Placebo

The saline placebo results were much different then the "placebo" containing the adjuvants. Serious adverse reactions remain ignored to this day.
I really should have figured. I read your "article", If you'd call it that. Anyone who is reading this might be interested to know that source is an ultra-conservative rag known as "Renew America". To give you an idea where this magazine is coming from there are articles on impeaching the President and supporting just about every right wing cause there is. One of my favorite articles asserts that "The homosexual movement is destroying our freedom". Alan Keyes, a sort of mothballed conservative politician whose only claim to fame is that he is a "black republican" features prominently. The article you wrote is from a woman who calls herself a "freelance journalist" who presumably has no background in science or statistics because if she did, she would say so. I guess, for you, this constitutes an "authoritative source".

I think of all trouble some of us have taken here to quote the Journal of the American Medical Association, the New England Journal of Medicine, the Center for Disease Control, the Food and Drug Administration, and other first rate sources only to have you discount what we say on the basis that we can't trust government, etc. I never hear you explain why non-government medical journal articles would be unreliable.

So, this is the kind of place you get your information from. I'm starting to understand.

Quote:
I dare you to say that to the thousands of girls and their families who have had serious injuries from the vaccine. They are not all imagining the connection.

And, once again, you fail to show anything resembling proof for an astonishing (and ridiculous) statement.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I really should have figured. I read your "article", If you'd call it that. Anyone who is reading this might be interested to know that source is an ultra-conservative rag known as "Renew America". To give you an idea where this magazine is coming from there are articles on impeaching the President and supporting just about every right wing cause there is. One of my favorite articles asserts that "The homosexual movement is destroying our freedom". Alan Keyes, a sort of mothballed conservative politician whose only claim to fame is that he is a "black republican" features prominently. The article you wrote is from a woman who calls herself a "freelance journalist" who presumably has no background in science or statistics because if she did, she would say so. I guess, for you, this constitutes an "authoritative source".

I think of all trouble some of us have taken here to quote the Journal of the American Medical Association, the New England Journal of Medicine, the Center for Disease Control, the Food and Drug Administration, and other first rate sources only to have you discount what we say on the basis that we can't trust government, etc. I never hear you explain why non-government medical journal articles would be unreliable.

So, this is the kind of place you get your information from. I'm starting to understand.
I get my information from a very wide variety of sources. The info I shared is relevant. You are the one claiming to only trust info from a very small handful of sources of which has already been shown that they are not nearly as credible or trustworthy as people are led to believe. Who is closed minded? Who is biased? Its not me.
Quote:
And, once again, you fail to show anything resembling proof for an astonishing (and ridiculous) statement.
I shared the stories of numerous girls who have been injured from the HPV vaccine in this thread like this video for instance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2i-r39hok Don't blame me for your unwillingness to look into info shared.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:39 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times
Quote:
Did you click on Leebeemi's link? if so why not show us where her quotes are coming from.

While you sit around shouting about science, girls all over the world are being seriously injured by the HPV vaccine. Maybe one day "science" will finally admit what all those injured girls and their parents have been trying to convey for years and your precious science" will say, "oops". Maybe you, your children or your grandchildren will be among the injured and ignored. I'm not going to sit around and wait for authorities to tell me something that is already obvious to anyone with a brain and their eyes wide open. Enjoy your nap.
Repeat post. Absolutely unequivocally false, evidence has been provided many many times.

Quote:

Repeat post. Absolutely unequivocally false, evidence has been provided many many times.

Quote:
I get my information from a very wide variety of sources. The info I shared is relevant. You are the one claiming to only trust info from a very small handful of sources of which has already been shown that they are not nearly as credible or trustworthy as people are led to believe. Who is closed minded? Who is biased? Its not me.
I shared the stories of numerous girls who have been injured from the HPV vaccine in this thread like this video for instance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2i-r39hok Don't blame me for your unwillingness to look into info shared.
Absolutely unequivocally false, evidence has been provided many many times.

You know what is true? That dying of cancer and other vaccine preventable diseases is far worse than fainting or a sore arm. You ignore established credible peer reviewed science (studies replicated by those with no pecuniary interest) in favour of ultraconservative drivel. Stories are stories. Science and proof are evidence.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:09 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Without any evidence to support a connection between the symptoms those girls have and the vaccine, the parents are mistaken that the vaccine has caused any injury. I am sorry those girls are ill, but their problems are not due to Gardasil. There is too much evidence otherwise.

Quote:
It was in post #4553, which you apparently found too difficult to read:

HPV Vaccine Information For Young Women

"How long does vaccine protection last?
Research suggests that vaccine protection is long-lasting. Current studies have followed vaccinated individuals for ten years, and show that there is no evidence of weakened protection over time." That's ten years and still going strong, not ten years and waning.

Dr. Jen Gunter discusses what would happen if the vaccine suddenly just did not work after ten years (which is not happening):

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...-for-10-years/

If the HPV vaccine's effectiveness is at some point found to be waning, the simple solution is a booster.

Quote:
I shared the stories of numerous girls who have been injured from the HPV vaccine in this thread like this video for instance. Don't blame me for your unwillingness to look into info shared.
Perhaps you would be more credible if you shared those sources with us. So far you have refused to do so. We can only conclude they are nonexistent. The sources I and others have used are far more credible than your "wide variety of [unnamed] sources". Internet stories are not credible sources. That seems to be all you have.

Internet anecdotes are not data. Properly performed studies of participants who have received HPV vaccines are not demonstrating any serious adverse effects at all.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 09-02-2015 at 09:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events