Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 11:09 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I found an interesting read: Gardasil Syndrome
I say interesting because it's really a jumbled mess of information but some of the complications that may be causing these reactions may actually be correct.

If you are interested in seeing a pattern, please read through the testimonies of these girls who claim injury and their parents.
Gardasil Vaccine Injury Stories | Stories of Heartache & Suffering - Gardasil Injury Stories
Too many young women have died after receiving Gardasil | Facts about Gardasil | The Truth About Gardasil

Obviously some of these stories are probably repeated from site to site but if you really read through which ever site you choose, you will see a definite pattern.

Also, this site: R.E.G.R.E.T Support Group

How many times will you have to hear that self reported info and human interest stories do not prove causal effect? The first piece can be called a jumbled mess at best. What is this? It isn't proof of anything other than you can throw a lot of words together & still have a meaningless document. Without citing sources and identifying where/how information was gathered, it is useless. I was particularly amused by the section titled "Placebo Effect," that said when some girls believed the vaccinations were harmless, they showed improvement. But somehow that isn't really improvement. Funny thing is, when people suggest that sometimes belief that things like fainting will happen can cause those things to happen, we're told that's not possible.

And it isn't about "interest" in finding patterns. It's that patterns are the only way to show a connection. One person having an immediate reaction, another having one 30 days after vaccination, another having a slow decline--those are unrelated issues. Could some of them be because of the vaccine? Perhaps. But they aren't ALL part of a massive cover-up, because they aren't all the same thing. At all.

I did a lot of research at one time using a site like REGRET. I looked for any outside information I could find, any trail outside of the site. With most, there were situations like a girl who died 3 mos. after her HPV vaccination. Ultimately, it turned out she was on birth control, smoked cigarettes, and was taking a friend's ADD meds. Her parents knew none of that prior to her death. Guess what ultimately was shown to cause the death? If there was a reasonable similarity, beyond what are normal reactions to vaccination, that is something. There just isn't.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:58 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I found an interesting read: Gardasil Syndrome
I say interesting because it's really a jumbled mess of information but some of the complications that may be causing these reactions may actually be correct.

If you are interested in seeing a pattern, please read through the testimonies of these girls who claim injury and their parents.
Gardasil Vaccine Injury Stories | Stories of Heartache & Suffering - Gardasil Injury Stories
Too many young women have died after receiving Gardasil | Facts about Gardasil | The Truth About Gardasil

Obviously some of these stories are probably repeated from site to site but if you really read through which ever site you choose, you will see a definite pattern.

Also, this site: R.E.G.R.E.T Support Group
As leebeemi pointed out, none of the allegations in the first link are supported with sources. It's an opinion piece dressed up to sound "sciencey." The underlying thesis is that the HPV causes some sort of pervasive "inflammation", but nothing in the article substantiates that.

Just because you read it on the internet does not make it true.

There are thousands of "stories" on the internet claiming that Gardasil caused injuries - with no evidence to support those claims and no similar injuries that show up in study participants. That is true even though the study participants are studied prospectively to look for serious adverse events.

If we look at the cases in your third link:

Jenny Tetlock: "rapidly degenerative neurological disease", which the article admits cannot definitively be linked to the vaccine. The previous link that I gave on the study of almost four million women in Sweden and Denmark found no increased risk of neurological disease in recipients of HPV vaccines. That is a huge study. If there were a link, it should show up.

Moshella Roberts: Died in her sleep four days after the vaccine.

Christina Richelle Tarsell: Died in her sleep 18 fays after the injection.

Megan Hild: no info on how long after the vaccine death occurred.

Amber Kaufman: no info on the time interval between vaccine and death.

Unfortunately, children, adolescents, and young adults do sometimes die and the cause can be difficult to determine. Undiagnosed heart disease is common in these cases, including abnormalities in the electrical system which can produce fatal arrhythmias.

Sudden cardiac death in children and adolescents (excluding Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)

The summaries in the link do not mention whether autopsies were performed on these young women. If not, then heart disease has not been ruled out.

Brooke Petkevicius: died of pulmonary embolism 14 days after the vaccine.

Although an increased risk of pulmonary embolism after HPV vaccine has been suggested, larger studies have not confirmed causality. This is still being deliberately monitored for in follow up HPV studies.

"VI. CONCLUSIONS
In this study comprising more than 1.4 million doses of Gardasil administered, we found no evidence of
an increased risk of VTE among 9-26 year old females. These results agree with those of three recent
studies. Particular strengths of our study were the self-controlled design, which controlled for time-invariant
confounding, and the adjustment for time-varying confounding from CHC [hormonal contraception]use."

Santana G. Valdez: no info on the time interval between the vaccine and death. An autopsy showed papillomas in her airway and enlargement of the heart and liver. If the papillomas compromised her airway, then she may have died of a condition that could potentially be prevented by the vaccine had her mother been able to receive it before Santana was born.

All of these stories are tragic, but there really is no evidence provided in your link that any of these deaths were caused by Gardasil. That is typical with "Gardasil stories."

The last link is to the usual bunch of totally discredited cranks and quacks who lost all credibility a long time ago.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 09-04-2015 at 02:10 PM..

Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's called probability. Remember math class? If 30000 reported injury and death came from 100000 vaccines

If my dog had wings, she could fly. Continuing to try and pass off unverified VAERS data for a purpose that it was never intended for, over and over, doesn't make you sound anymore credible.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:49 AM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
One, I'm not anti vax, two I stated pre mandates, not pre vaccine. The rest of your post is just an example of how hot headed people get when you pit one group against another, looks like all the propaganda has hit the nail on the head. Why people still fall for it I'll never know.
I do feel for the tiny minority you're bashing, after being lumped in I now understand what it's like. I have no fantasy, it's the truth. Pre mandate.
If you're not anit-vax, you sure could have fooled me. And, no, I didn't fall for the propaganda. What I did was go to the library and read hundreds of books about viruses and diseases and epidemics (I have a somewhat morbid interest in those subjects, you could say). I also read Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report put out online by the CDC. I also read some of the scientific magazines whenever I can, like Discover. I've read Laurie Garrett's books more than once and if you had ever read anything she writes, you'd know the tremendous amount of research she does and the the amount of detail she includes so that people will understand what it is they're reading about.

And what I hope is that the tiny minority stays tiny, because their actions are no different from smokers who blow smoke in someone else's face when it comes to the harm they're doing to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Moral of all these stories which parents AND doctors knew? Better to catch these diseases as children rather than ADULTS. In 1991 my daughters doctor said this. My older daughter was 11 then and had not gotten the pox. Doctor said to find someone with it and let her catch it before she got any older; and let her younger sister catch it from her at the same time.

You may not believe this, but there are probably others who can state the same thing. Parents of boys were especially warned to let them catch mumps before puberty. Sterility issues.

As I stated in another post, that doctor knew that a new vax was being tested at the time, but thought it better that the kids catch the disease rather than trying to "cocoon" them for several more years until that vaccine came on the market. If that doctor thought it bad for a teenager to have chicken pox, imagine with an adult?

I cannot give my own experience of what having all these diseases were like because I was under 2 years old when I got every single one of them. No memory whatsoever. My parents were happy about that, unlike paranoid people today. Never missed a day of school. My daughters were out of school for about a week with pox. No complications, as with the majority of children.

"IF, or when, I ever get Shingles, I will deal with it", my daughter says. I feel the same as her. I am not getting any Shingles vaccination either.
I hope you are aware of the fact that mumps in children can cause sterility, too. And in 1991, your doctor was correct in giving you this advice because there was no chicken pox vaccine at the time. There is now, though, and I think anyone who wouldn't take advantage of that vaccine is a complete fool.

Whoopee for your daughters. So because they had an easy case of chicken pox you think everyone else should get the disease? So anyone that didn't have an easy time with chicken pox, or was sicker than a dog, or had a more serious complication, got that because of bad karma or something, not because it's a serious disease?

And you do know that if you have had a light case of chicken pox, you can get it again, right?

And if your daughter ever gets shingles, boy, will she ever have to deal with it. I had shingles starting at the side of my nose, going down to my upper lip and all the way up into my hair. They even went up on the bottom of my eyelid and I was told I was lucky they weren't on the eye.The ophthalmologist had me in three times to make sure a shingle hadn't landed on the tip of my nose to affect that nerve, which would have affected my eyesight. The shingles on my head hurt so bad, I couldn't even sleep at night on that side.

The left side of my face was numb for months. Once when I was driving to work, just a month or so later, I had such severe pain lance through my cheek I had to pull over to the side of the highway. I still have constant pain on my left cheek, which irritates me so bad sometimes, I literally will rub the skin raw. I'll have that pain the rest of my life. And I was out of work for two weeks and under quarantine, since the shingles can be open, runny sores and anyone in that stage is very contagious.

Fortunately, I didn't have the scarring and pitting shingles sometimes makes. But if that's what your daughter wants to go through.....personally, I don't know if it would help me since I've already had shingles, but if I can, I'm getting the shingles vaccination just as soon as I possibly can. You better believe that I don't ever want to go through that again. But I guess you and your daughter will just have to learn about shingles the hard way.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 09-05-2015 at 12:58 AM..

Old 09-05-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Fortunately, I didn't have the scarring and pitting shingles sometimes makes. But if that's what your daughter wants to go through.....personally, I don't know if it would help me since I've already had shingles, but if I can, I'm getting the shingles vaccination just as soon as I possibly can. You better believe that I don't ever want to go through that again. But I guess you and your daughter will just have to learn about shingles the hard way.
Yes, you may take the vaccine despite having had shingles. It is approved after age 50, though you may have some problems with insurance coverage at that age. Some companies are covering it, including medicare Part D.

For those that have no insurance coverage there is a patient assistance program:

Merck Programs to Help Those in Need - Product

Jo thinks shingles is just a minor annoying rash and no big deal - based on her family's experience, of course.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
If my dog had wings, she could fly. Continuing to try and pass off unverified VAERS data for a purpose that it was never intended for, over and over, doesn't make you sound anymore credible.

Of course, that 30,000 reports is from millions of doses, not 100,000, too.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:19 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes, you may take the vaccine despite having had shingles. It is approved after age 50, though you may have some problems with insurance coverage at that age. Some companies are covering it, including medicare Part D.

For those that have no insurance coverage there is a patient assistance program:

Merck Programs to Help Those in Need - Product

Jo thinks shingles is just a minor annoying rash and no big deal - based on her family's experience, of course.
Thanks for the info, Suzy! Yeah, I even asked my doctor the last time I saw her and she told me I was still too young. If Jo thinks shingles is no big deal, wonderful for her. I know better and I want to do everything possible to avoid getting them again. Damn, those were nasty!

Old 09-13-2015, 09:43 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Arrow Vaccines Killing More Children Than Ever Before

Rob Dew talks about how there is more news about how vaccines are causing death and debilitation around the world.

www.youtube.com/v/VT3uN7uwJIQ

Old 09-13-2015, 09:50 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Rob Dew talks about how there is more news about how vaccines are causing death and debilitation around the world.

www.youtube.com/v/VT3uN7uwJIQ

So...what exactly are Rob Dew's credentials? Other than making a living as a conspiracy theorist I mean.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Speaking the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events