Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:19 PM

430 posts, read 835,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
LOL .... you haven't been to or spent any time in trailer parks or small, rural towns, have you??
Not to get pie on your face, but I was born and raised in a small rural town and have had immediate relatives living in trailer parks.

Can you say the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 02:22 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
I agree. After the first 3 kids she should have had her spine severed. After 6 kids, she should have had her spinal column ripped out, Mortal Kombat style.
if you ask these racists CD posters, half of black America need to have our spinal columns ripped out, Mortal Kombat style.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
This thread isn't about the riot, it's actually about people with no job and no prospects having 6 kids while people with good full-time jobs can't afford to have 3.
is this still America? if it was up to me I would have pulled that Duggar woman's uterus out with my bare hands 9 kids ago, but it's not. plus, I do believe others have said this woman has a job and that her son, that almost grown boy, is her youngest. i think there is a lot of assumption in this thread.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
You folks don't seem to realize this, but let me point out something. If the poor don't receive some necessities in life, do you think they will just go to a corner and quietly starve themselves to death? No. They will come after everything and anyone to get what they need. That's human nature, no matter what country and race. That will happen.

Yup, some will very predictably say that's fine, they will protect themselves with their guns. What happens in a prison riot? Hundreds of inmates will always overpower a handful of armed guards. It's obvious why. And the armed forces and law enforcement cannot be everywhere. See any race riot for evidence.

So, maybe you and I wouldn't want the social safety net to go away, or else unintended consequences may fall on us all.

Just a thought.

Mick
this and most of the posters here are themselves a paycheck or two from needing social services themselves. of course, they won't admit it.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
Culturally, trailer park trash doesn't tend to have 6 kids to every 1 mother in order to collect more food stamps, so they'd be OK.

Also, trailer parks are very sparsely populated and they are spread out across the outskirts of cities. They're not the ultra-concentrated dens of poverty (and 7 people to a room) that inner city projects are in places like Baltimore. Kind of hard to get 28 white country bumpkin people, strewn out across half a mile, together to riot.

There's a reason you've never seen it happen before.
nonsense. there is nothing "cultural" about it. statistically the average white woman and the average black woman in the US have more than 2, but less than 3 kids in her lifetime. the "welfare queen" black woman stereotype is a myth.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:40 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

What evidence do you have that her son caused any damage before she pulled him out? how do you know if he was looting or protesting? Why, if she is the one mom who pulled her son out, is she now the one who should be responsible for paying the city?? That's ridiculous, and all it would send message-wise is she should have just let him stay there.
She said he did these things. The boy said he did it as revenge for the cops having beaten & killed two of his friends. (though he did not identify them).

Why do you look to me for basic facts? Or do you simply ask question to attempt to discredit what was said? It doesn't work you know.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:41 PM

430 posts, read 835,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
nonsense. there is nothing "cultural" about it. statistically the average white woman and the average black woman in the US have more than 2, but less than 3 kids in her lifetime. the "welfare queen" black woman stereotype is a myth.
Do you have evidence? Last I saw, the numbers were something like 1.9 per white woman and 2.5 per black woman I think, but I'm willing to be corrected if they are actually the same.

Logic would hold that white households, which presumably have far higher incomes and net worth, could afford more children than black households. But in reality, they have fewer. Because welfare.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Even when someone does something good, haters gotta hate...

pretty despicable
even when someone BLACK does something good, haters gotta hate...

Old 04-30-2015, 02:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
even when someone BLACK does something good, haters gotta hate...
Urban Dictionary: Haters Gonna Hate

Old 04-30-2015, 02:59 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
is this still America? if it was up to me I would have pulled that Duggar woman's uterus out with my bare hands 9 kids ago, but it's not. plus, I do believe others have said this woman has a job and that her son, that almost grown boy, is her youngest. i think there is a lot of assumption in this thread.
That is a serious anger issue. Are the Duggars on government assistance for their children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events