Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 12:22 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Here is a video - linked from the Atlantic article in an earlier post.

When Police Shoot Dogs - The Atlantic

Dogs apparently minding their own business, cop comes along, calls for them and then shoots them down.

He had claimed in his report that they charged him, the video shows they just looked up at him (he was well above them on a hill) when he started shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNay7htV4s
That video pretty much proves the type of psychopaths who work as police in this country. It's obvious that cop was enjoying it. You know that he was wishing he was killing a black guy, but he will settle for what he can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 01:20 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Police officer was bitten twice as dog came through open window.. he shot the dog four times striking him twice... he went to 622 instead of 621... no one answered and he went around the back finding a gate open and window open.. as he looked in dog jumped and bit him

Dog did what he was supposed to do

Officer went to wrong address by one number... it does happen

Accident.. and will happen again when humans are involved.. sad for all.. accidents are just that... no criminal intent and as such in this case not a crime.. doesnt universally apply to accidents but here it does because of totality of circumstances. You as a citizen wouldnt be coming to someones home to take a burglary report... and wouldnt have the duty to investigate...

If a citizen shot an aggressive dog in a public place in my county they would be within their rights

No evil intent
I don't know, sounds pretty evil to me.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:55 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
That video pretty much proves the type of psychopaths who work as police in this country. It's obvious that cop was enjoying it. You know that he was wishing he was killing a black guy, but he will settle for what he can get.
Hi poster...
An exhaustive 28 page independent two month long report was done on this incident ...and the officer was exonerated of all allegations. The owners of the dog accepted the findings. The pit was running at large in a pack of dogs acting aggressively ... this fact was confirmed by several animal experts.Don't be lazy ...go read it...anyone can go read it.. one Google entry found it.... make some modicum of effort.. or continue to spew bunk and continue to diminish your objectivity and creating beliefs by others that anything proffered is even real

I volunteer every week at my local county animal shelter walking dogs and caring for them... most of the shelter dogs.. hovering around eighty percent... are pits overbred ... mistreated... and abused by their "owners". many of whom are hugely irresponsible in breeding.. fighting..and abusing them. It is disgusting and means while the shelter is low kill many of the aggressive ones get executed with humane methods if there is such a thing... makes me wish it was the dirtbag owners instead

Honestly... being consumed with hate , false narratives,and agenda blinds one to any semblence of reality and begs the question as to what behavior is really psychotic?

@ wall street
You might want to do a reality check then....

Thanks

Old 05-03-2015, 06:08 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,338,756 times
Isn't this something for the animal control to come take care of? The video shows two pits wagging their tails. Did you hear growling?

Last edited by wolf39us; 05-03-2015 at 06:17 AM..

Old 05-03-2015, 07:42 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Isn't this something for the animal control to come take care of? The video shows two pits wagging their tails. Did you hear growling?
Yes, they absolutely could have. Again my opinion, he did it because he could, not because he had to.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:02 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,160,703 times
Quote:
Hi poster...
An exhaustive 28 page independent two month long report was done on this incident ...and the officer was exonerated of all allegations. The owners of the dog accepted the findings. The pit was running at large in a pack of dogs acting aggressively ... this fact was confirmed by several animal experts.Don't be lazy ...go read it...anyone can go read it.. one Google entry found it.... make some modicum of effort.. or continue to spew bunk and continue to diminish your objectivity and creating beliefs by others that anything proffered is even real

I volunteer every week at my local county animal shelter walking dogs and caring for them... most of the shelter dogs.. hovering around eighty percent... are pits overbred ... mistreated... and abused by their "owners". many of whom are hugely irresponsible in breeding.. fighting..and abusing them. It is disgusting and means while the shelter is low kill many of the aggressive ones get executed with humane methods if there is such a thing... makes me wish it was the dirtbag owners instead

Honestly... being consumed with hate , false narratives,and agenda blinds one to any semblence of reality and begs the question as to what behavior is really psychotic?

@ wall street
You might want to do a reality check then....

Thanks
Yes, after searching, the officer was indeed exonerated, but there IMO there is something that really smells about this review and investigation. The video does NOT match at all with what is claimed by the police or the expert.

I also see and hear no growling. I see no "officer in danger or in fear for his life." I still see a dog killed for no reason. I have an opinion about what has happened, but I have no proof, so I will leave this be.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:11 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
And this has what do with an illiterate cop who went to the wrong house, and shot an innocent person's dog?

I am showing how LASD dealt with a vicious attack dog without shooting it. Even someone as stupid as you should have been able to figure that out. If you still don't understand find someone smarter than you to explain it to you. Could be anyone really.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:17 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,005 times
Quote:
I love it how you make up facts as you go along to fit your narrative.. you have NO IDEA what the policeman saw walking up the driveway.. we ont have the police report do we.. we have a one sided article..

Police officer went to front door

No one answered.. went around side found gate then window open.. drew his weapon... dog came out window and bit him twice... horrible mistake...

We dont get paid to get bit by dogs.. mistakes or not

Now... have you ever made an error in your life that resulted in a negative consequence for another human being?... had an accident.. perhaps dui MJ? or DUI drugs?... maybe injured another human being by mistake.. ever>? and if your answer is no... maybe you want to think back a bit.. know what I mean?

Ill await that answer....

Department should compensate for dog without question.... compensation based upon worth of dog.. as dog.. and not family member.. that is not compensated.. unless they want to sue.. and perhaps in this sue happy world a jury might give them more.. but .. not likely...
Actually in my state family pets are considered by law family members. Try that crap in my state and you're going down if the dogs owner doesn't take you out first.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:33 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Hi poster...
An exhaustive 28 page independent two month long report was done on this incident ...and the officer was exonerated of all allegations. The owners of the dog accepted the findings. The pit was running at large in a pack of dogs acting aggressively ... this fact was confirmed by several animal experts.

I volunteer every week at my local county animal shelter walking dogs and caring for them...
Those reports mean nothing, since its only what the Officer claims, if there are no witnesses. We all know that they want to avoid Civil Courts at all times, regardless of what they have to do.

Where these alleged "Experts" present when the dog was shot? I didn't see an aggressive dog on his cam video, did you?

Do you know this Cop and have been around him a long time, that verifies that you are somewhat familiar with his personal traits? Or is the Badge enough for you? Just asking. Seems to me, for some one who keeps telling everyone NOT to jump to conclusions, you make them all the time.

Super, that you work at then Shelter. More folks should help.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:28 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,233 times
Sad. Pets are apart of our family, and I cannot imagine a cop shooting our dog? He wasn't even at the right house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events