Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 09:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What do people don't get that the reason for protest is when there is no consequence? There is no reason for PETA or the Humane Society to protest because he WAS arrested and charged, as well as cut from his team. What exactly should they be protesting here??

Same way when a cop is killed by a black person, and the black person is arrested and charged for it, and people still come on and say "where are the black protesters NOW?".
I didn't call for a protest, I prefer a scarlet letter put upon him.......A for Abuser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
What does being disgusted with this have to do with racist?

You could start a thread about McDonald. Sure People would be upset.

I find this absurd because it was a tiny dog. It's ridiculous.

If he or any one of these guys kicked to death a small child I'm sure the reaction would be the same. People would have a reaction and be disgusted.
I believe most of us attached this to abusing other animals, children and women......so you are very correct here!

Old 05-31-2015, 10:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,189,271 times
I hope this guy gets 10 years in prison for this.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:26 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I think this situation is terrible but honestly I think the reaction to it is a bigger issue. You have a guy like Ray McDonald who is getting charged with domestic violence for a second time and possible child endangerment, not only is there no reaction about that on here, there isn't even a thread on this section. So now you have a guy who kills a dog and a no name guy at that and suddenly everybody cares.

What's my point? I think about situations like this and do not necessarily have an issue with people being upset, but I'm more concerned why people aren't this compassionate about the mistreat of another human being. Food for thought. People seem to get up and arms when these athletes kill these dogs, but then you have plenty of athletes who hunt and kill innocent animals for sport. Between this and all the rioting, one thing is clear, we have a lot of closet racists in our country who wait for situations to excuse their hatred for other races.

People do care. That's the point. It's well documented that people who abuse and kill animals will do the same to people. They lack empathy. This guy raped a girl while he was in college, got away with it, and she then killed herself. Now he's killed a two pound dog and is claiming self-defense. There's a pattern of violence here which should not be ignored. This has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with abuse and violence.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:09 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Ex-Falcons Prince Shembo

Falcons LB Prince Shembo Accused Of Killing Girlfriend's Dog [Update]

Really? A two pound yorkie was a threat to a football player and he needed to kick it to protect himself? What is wrong with the NFL that it has so many men that abuse animals and women? These guys should be locked up for a very long time because they are criminals. #MichaelVick&RayRice
Don't Yorkies have a lot of ferocious tendencies? Link to post with lurid Yorkie image (link).

Old 06-01-2015, 05:12 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
So disgusted by these uneducated guys who make ridiculous amounts of money and have absolutely no respect for any person or anything. They think because they are "famous" and rich they are above everyone and everything.
According to the linked article (link copied from OP) he was also accused of an on-campus rape. Not exactly a nice guy.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:32 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I took your post to mean that since he'd been charged and fired, there is nothing to protest.
Yes, that is what I meant. I didn't get the "thrown to the ground" part.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:35 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't call for a protest, I prefer a scarlet letter put upon him.......A for Abuser.
Someone said "where is PETA and the Humane Society in all this?" implying theses groups are somehow hypocrites for not protesting, and I didn't get it. If he gets a lame sentence or no sentence, I'm sure they will speak out, but at this point there is nothing to protest.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:52 AM

733 posts, read 854,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Ex-Falcons Prince Shembo

Falcons LB Prince Shembo Accused Of Killing Girlfriend's Dog [Update]

Really? A two pound yorkie was a threat to a football player and he needed to kick it to protect himself? What is wrong with the NFL that it has so many men that abuse animals and women? These guys should be locked up for a very long time because they are criminals. #MichaelVick&RayRice
YES! Horrible abusers.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Someone said "where is PETA and the Humane Society in all this?" implying theses groups are somehow hypocrites for not protesting, and I didn't get it. If he gets a lame sentence or no sentence, I'm sure they will speak out, but at this point there is nothing to protest.
Who better to speak out about animal abuse? What are they there for if they don't bring light to animal abusers being connected to women and child abuse?

From the looks of it, this guy has a history of anger and force......you feel sorry for him? He raped a women, real nice jerk.

His name should be out in public and he should be shamed. Shaming these men might make others think twice before they do something to get all that attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events