Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 07:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
People in the future will look on abortion the way people today look at slavery, wondering how people could have deluded themselves into supporting such a clearly immoral act. Today we wonder how slaveholders could have avoided feeling remorse. In the future, exchanges like this will be examined in the same way. I'm just leaving material for the historians.
No they won't. As people become more enlightened and educated, they rely less on religion and myth and more on the reality that science provides.

This issue will become less emotional and influenced by religious beliefs.

As the US becomes more secular which is, in fact, happening, religious beliefs will not intrude as much on practical society. It will be more like Europe which is already more secular and practical than US culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 07:46 PM

3,651 posts, read 3,787,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No they won't. As people become more enlightened and educated, they rely less on religion and myth and more on the reality that science provides.

This issue will become less emotional and influenced by religious beliefs.

As the US becomes more secular which is, in fact, happening, religious beliefs will not intrude as much on practical society. It will be more like Europe which is already more secular and practical than US culture.

Oh yes. It was in med school when I realized the tissue tale was a complete lie and babies were being killed. In very painful ways. Killed for convenience.

Bring on the scientific era!

Old 07-15-2015, 07:52 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Oh yes. It was in med school when I realized the tissue tale was a complete lie and babies were being killed. In very painful ways. Killed for convenience.

Bring on the scientific era!
Fact #16: Every legal surgical abortion stops a beating heart and terminates measurable brain waves. and Planned Parenthood Admits: Abortion Stops a Beating Heart | The Weekly Standard

Old 07-15-2015, 08:02 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,830 times
Let me ask a questions
What are going to do when illegal abortions happens?
Who is going take of unwanted children?
Are you ready for crime and poverty to go up?

Old 07-15-2015, 08:16 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I must admit I am both fascinated and shocked by many posts on this topic. I have always been pro choice, believing that a woman has the right to control her own body. That said, as a man, I cannot pretend to know how it would feel like to have an unplanned pregnancy. And as someone who never wanted children and never regretted not having them, I still feel very strongly that if I were a woman, I could never have an abortion. And I don't have religious convictions or believe that a fetus is a person. Still, I cannot imagine terminating a pregnancy. It is curious to me that most women DON'T have regret, even if they believe it was the right decision for them. Still I am glad that most women do not live with regret. Far too many children are born into this world with parents not prepared to care and nurture them. Few things are sadder than seeing children grow up damaged, unloved and un cared for.
Why? Why on earth would I regret a decision that I know was absolutely the right and correct thing for ME to do? I later had a son...and that son is the absolute joy of my life. If I had made a different decision earlier, I might not have had this joyful person in my life today. I have no idea what my life would have been like. But I do know that I never EVER would regret ANY decision that might change the life I have today.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Not the same. We have a child that we adopted as an infant. The birth mother was able to contact the agency and get reports and a picture when she requested it. She has at least the peace of knowing that her baby is not dead and that has to count for something.

And every adoption story is just like yours.

I don't even see what this has to do with the topic. People that want to be child-free should look at other options and not just abort each pregnancy to remain child-free. There are permanent procedures for that.

Context. Did you read all of the posts about the decision to be childfree?

Have you adopted a child in need? I don't think a lot of people who look at children in need abort their own children and I am not sure how well that would look on the home study.

Again, context. See the discussion on what is labeled selfish. You could adopt a child in need instead of deliberately getting pregnant to have a mini me.

fetus: Fetus | Define Fetus at Dictionary.com embryo: Embryo dictionary definition | embryo defined We are talking about a developing baby. You can make up your own definitions but the bottom line is it is a developing human being and ending its life is killing it.

Key word: Developing. Not yet a person, let alone a person whose rights supercede those of another. A pile of building materials is not a house.

Just the baby whose life was terminated but then you made the decision that the life of the baby didn't matter. All the power in your hands.

A fetus, not a baby.

Human developing baby. Yes, there is no child now because the baby's life was terminated.

Dead fetus, not dead child.

Adoption is said to be the "loving choice". Can you say the same for abortion? Seriously, how many women that put their babies up for adoption wish they would have terminated the baby's life? I'm guessing not very many. Adoption puts the baby needs above that of the mother's convenience. I am sure it is much harder to give a baby up for adoption than to have its life conveniently terminated. Women that choose adoption for their baby are strong and brave. My son's birth mother showed great courage as I read through the social worker's report.

Again, context. People who point out that some women may regret having an abortion are doing so to suggest we should therefore ban abortion so women won't feel bad. The same could be said of adoption, women may regret it, therefore it should be banned.

You bet especially when that choice is a death sentence for another who cannot speak for themselves.

Comparing adoption to abortion is ridiculous. You could take a poll of children that were adopted and ask if they would rather that their birth mother aborted them.
You speak as if adoption is a panacea, it isn't. Some people who have been adopted have ended up living horrible lives, abused, even murdered.

Yet, no one is suggesting adoption be banned. Get it?

Just because some women may regret the decision to abort is hardly a reason to deny others the choice.......and that is the agenda of those who bring up the subject of regret.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
My brother whom is 5 years older then I was born with out a left hand .
This anomaly did not stop him from racing motor cycles and being a significant conributer to society and a very successful business man.
A man of faith and the most loving person I know ,
Now by abortionists perspective ,he had no right to be alive ,.
I am so glad that, that selfish mentaliy did not exist when He was born.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
This anomaly did not stop him from racing motor cycles and being a significant conributer to society and a very successful business man.
Where in the world do you get that idea?

Old 07-15-2015, 08:19 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Abortion has around for long time.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:20 PM

4,511 posts, read 4,048,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
Of course they don't. Cognitive Dissonance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events