Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:53 PM

228 posts, read 171,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I have a friend from high school who's been married, I don't know, 8 years or so? Anyway, he & his wife haven't had sex in over 3 years. Seriously. She just decided she didn't want to anymore. And what flabbergasts me is that he has accepted it. Like, what? You're only 44 dude, you've got YEARS of sex ahead of you. Yet he stays in this marriage because she's good companionship. They have no kids, they travel, have lots of friends. But no sex. No affection. I just don't get it. Why does he stay with her? Just get out of there already!
This doesn't add up to me. I don't get the "no sex/no affection" part. I just don't. Not even a hug or cuddle occasionally? Most guys I know lack affection too and...it's weird as hell to me. I'm a cuddlebug!! I need tons of cuddles every day and it's difficult finding others that comfortable with affection.

Our society is *weird* man. Weird as hell I tell you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 01:59 PM

228 posts, read 171,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
My friend hates her parents today for raising her in a household full of strife.
Bingo. Me too. Just get a divorce, at least it would have brought some peace.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Here's a story I found shocking. At an Atlanta Braves game, two women noticed the married couple in front of them and began reading the text messages the woman was sending to a man she was obviously seeing. The name came up on her phone as Nancy, but she named him in one of the text messages.

These two took photos and video of the text messaging and then wrote a note to the man, handing it to him on their way out. The note informed him that his wife was sexting a man named (whatever it was) and that she had deleted the messages but they had proof. He gave them a thumbs up after reading it and later contacted them for evidence.

I've never cheated on anyone, so I'm not defending her in any way. I'm just shocked that people would do this.

Story here.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:37 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If you read my post I am talking about children over 10. Teens and pre teens are old enough to understand all of that stuff and denying them the truth about something like that is something I consider wrong. Everyone deserves the truth including children. No one likes to be treated like a fool and kept in the dark about something that effects their life like that. It has nothing to do with revenge, no am I suggesting the cheated on spouse run down the offending spouse to their children. Just simply explain what happened, without including unnecessary insults. Better the child hear it like that than it is for them to hear it as gossip from neighbors, cousins, aunts and uncles etc.
I'm not crazy about having to tell teens these details but it's usually obvious to them.

My Dad died when I was 15. My parents' marriage was intact. I asked my mother if certain details were correct or not, such as if my father's brother, i.e. my uncle was gay, and if his sister, i.e. my aunt, divorced because of an affair. In both cases my mother asked "how did you know" and my response was "I'm not stupid."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events