Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 12:27 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Listen to these 'men' laugh at the animal's pain; deliberately don't kill it so they can hear the moaning; have the nerve to 'praise the lord' for being able to brutalize an animal.

These are your mighty hunters:

LiveLeak.com - Hunters injure bear to hear him scream, take selfies and praise the lord

They are nothing but a$$holes. If I was a hunter, I would be horrified to be associated with these dirtbags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 12:29 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Exactly. You prove the point that Palmer is an evil person.

Shot a lion with an arrow, and then, because it's dark outside, leaves it to suffer while he goes back to his lodgings, no doubt having a good meal and a bourbon on the rocks while gloating about his 'kill' while Cecil tried to deal with his agony.

Palmer should have followed the lion and killed it immediately, but it was 'dark' outside; mighty hunter wouldn't put himself in harms way! Oh, no! I mean, did his feet even touch the ground? Probably not.

I wonder why they didn't stop hunting when it started to get dark. The SOB probably couldn't wait until the next day to spill blood. Then again, they went to all the trouble to haul out the bait....
You always stop hunting in the dark for the simple reason that you can't see and what if you shoot someone else because you couldn't see? Wounding an animal is always bad. I don't think he wounded it intentionally though. Hunting first light until sunset is common, most animals like lions sleep during the day.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:16 PM

482 posts, read 533,343 times
161 pages of people carrying on over a lion. What's the most anyone has cried and whined about what ISIS is doing? Shows you where people's priorities are at.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
161 pages of people carrying on over a lion. What's the most anyone has cried and whined about what ISIS is doing? Shows you where people's priorities are at.
you wasted valuable time to post that instead of further battling the ISIS terrorists!

Old 08-06-2015, 03:18 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
Right, a bunch of people on one Internet Website is representative of the where all "people's priorities" are at.

How do you know that these same people aren't crying about what ISIS is doing? Maybe they are just not doing it here. These types of generalizations are just silly.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:02 PM

Old 08-06-2015, 06:12 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
i wonder how many other animals in that area are glad the lion dead

Old 08-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i wonder how many other animals in that area are glad the lion dead

Old 08-06-2015, 07:33 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times
Everyone knows the dentist was lion about it. Since we're heading away from the dark side.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:12 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
While many of the comments given toward the dentist both here and (evidently) on Facebook have been rather over-the-top I think that understating what this 'noble hunter' has done is equally uncalled for. I like to think that I'm an intelligent and fair minded guy but the thought of one slaughtering an animal for the sole purpose of mounting its head on a wall and gloating about it to others of like character repulses me. It just does. And, I have the right to express that repulsion within the terms of service on a forum such as this.

As for the picture above ...cute. However, I'm sure that if the heads of these gentle creatures were deemed as worthy trophies for a wall, the 'noble' Palmer would have no hesitation in slaughtering them also. This man kills ...for fun and for ego!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events