Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2015, 08:39 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,641,732 times

Advertisements

Zimbabwe was safe enough for this a$$clown to visit to murder a variety of animals, but now his defenders want to whine about him being sent back? Personally, I could not care less what happens to palmer, a sentiment shared by many other people. Whether or not he gets extradited, you can stick a fork in him. And this thread is about the lion, not about people murdered by mugabe or anyone else. For those concerned about that, start your own thread instead of trying to insult people who post on-topic about the topic being discussed, and trying to shove your "just an animal" and "only humans matter" agenda down everyone's throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 10:44 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Zimbabwe was safe enough for this a$$clown to visit to murder a variety of animals, but now his defenders want to whine about him being sent back? Personally, I could not care less what happens to palmer, a sentiment shared by many other people. Whether or not he gets extradited, you can stick a fork in him. And this thread is about the lion, not about people murdered by mugabe or anyone else. For those concerned about that, start your own thread instead of trying to insult people who post on-topic about the topic being discussed, and trying to shove your "just an animal" and "only humans matter" agenda down everyone's throat.
So the people who destroyed that guy's business and drove him out of his home under threat of violence are not shoving their agenda down everyone's throat ?

Old 08-08-2015, 11:03 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,986 times
There is no such thing as murdering animals unless they are human. Can anyone point to any law that cites murder of wild animals as a crime? Too many dramatics, sensationalism and the whole wild animal=people philosophy is a bit much and way over the top.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:48 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
These are the facts, regardless if you like or agree with them or not.

4.) If this guy, or his hunting party, did anything illegal in accordance with Zimbabwe game laws. Both he, along with his guides would be sitting in a jail cell in Zimbabwe as we speak.
Actually, the guide is out on bail, charged with an illegal hunt. Palmer had already left Zimbabwe, so I suppose that's why their government wants him extradited.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
So the people who destroyed that guy's business and drove him out of his home under threat of violence are not shoving their agenda down everyone's throat ?
No, they are not. They are not going after anyone but him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
There is no such thing as murdering animals unless they are human. Can anyone point to any law that cites murder of wild animals as a crime? Too many dramatics, sensationalism and the whole wild animal=people philosophy is a bit much and way over the top.
Humans are animals too, mammals as a matter of fact. And the refusal to recognize non-human animals as sentient beings and the insistence that "they are just animals" is merely an effort to justify abuses and mistreatment that should not be tolerated by any advanced society.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
No, they are not. They are not going after anyone but him.

Humans are animals too, mammals as a matter of fact. And the refusal to recognize non-human animals as sentient beings and the insistence that "they are just animals" is merely an effort to justify abuses and mistreatment that should not be tolerated by any advanced society.
Which society has a law that says an animal other than a human can be murdered? None. That makes your philosophy unacceptable in any society outside of a religion. Saying that the reason wild animals aren't covered by laws concerning murder so they cannbe abused is clueless and shows how far out you are. I already said humans are animals, don't even try to make that into something.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Actually, the guide is out on bail, charged with an illegal hunt. Palmer had already left Zimbabwe, so I suppose that's why their government wants him extradited.
Is there an official extradition request? I'll save you the trouble of embarrassing yourself. No, there is not.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:45 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,174 times
Quote:
Is there an official extradition request? I'll save you the trouble of embarrassing yourself. No, there is not.
lol.. You're the one who's an embarrassment. Read my post carefully. It's not too difficult. I never said anything thing about an "official" extradition request. Go hug a cactus.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Which society has a law that says an animal other than a human can be murdered? None. That makes your philosophy unacceptable in any society outside of a religion. Saying that the reason wild animals aren't covered by laws concerning murder so they cannbe abused is clueless and shows how far out you are. I already said humans are animals, don't even try to make that into something.
What is your point? I did not claim that killing a non-human animal is murder under the law and neither did anyone else, because there are no such laws. If you are in a tizzy because I and others wrote he murdered the animals he killed for trophies, get over it. Yes, legally murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being with malice aforethought. However, generally speaking, murder is also something that is planned and intended, and that is exactly what psycho dentist did. It cannot be used legally, but it can be used via the court of public opinion. Of which he is currently suffering the consequences. And what philosophy are you referring to? Any society outside of a religion? What does that even mean? My point was not that animals are not protected by laws so they can be killed, it was that they are abused and mistreated because they are not sufficiently protected. Finally, if being against trophy hunting and for improved animal protection in general makes me far out and clueless, I am fine with that and, thankfully, in lots of good company.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:08 AM

Quote:
What is your point? I did not claim that killing a non-human animal is murder under the law and neither did anyone else, because there are no such laws. If you are in a tizzy because I and others wrote he murdered the animals he killed for trophies, get over it. Yes, legally murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being with malice aforethought. However, generally speaking, murder is also something that is planned and intended, and that is exactly what psycho dentist did. It cannot be used legally, but it can be used via the court of public opinion. Of which he is currently suffering the consequences. And what philosophy are you referring to? Any society outside of a religion? What does that even mean? My point was not that animals are not protected by laws so they can be killed, it was that they are abused and mistreated because they are not sufficiently protected. Finally, if being against trophy hunting and for improved animal protection in general makes me far out and clueless, I am fine with that and, thankfully, in lots of good company.
The court of public opinion. Some of that court of public opinion thinks you're a little too involved with animals. That's the thing with public opinions, geese and ganders have to accept similar treatment. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Consider taking a break, it looks like you're being consumed by your own ideology. Btw, there is no generally speaking because you don't speak for anyone but yourself and you're just making things up. Tizzy is your thing, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events