Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 12:22 PM

482 posts, read 532,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Yet Palmer still wanted Cecil's head & skin as trophies.
Yeah, I'm sure he would have felt much better if he just left him to rot where he laid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 12:40 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure he would have felt much better if he just left him to rot where he laid.
He DID leave him to rot, what remained of him. Stapelkamp said the hunters never contacted authorities. Palmer was more concerned about trying to get his next kill, a huge elephant with 63 pound tusks. Devastated my ass.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:41 PM

545 posts, read 594,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
China has one and look at all the crap it gets from the bleeding heart whiners....."oh, it's a violation of personal reproductive rights!!!" damn it!

We have the right to fill the earth with as many stupid, wasteful and cold hearted human beings as possible. Who cares about lions and bio-diversity!

To be honest, I usually hear complaints coming from the "right to lifers" and anti abortion groups concerning China's one child policy. Actually Conservative groups have been the most critical since the policy was implemented back in the late 1970's.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Problem is, he failed to kill Cecil with a bow/crossbow. He only wounded him, and it took 40 hours to track him down and finally put him out of his misery with a firearm. Makes the whole incident even worse IMO.
Actually, after wounding Cecil, the guide and palmer left the area for the night, went home, had dinner, went to sleep.

They didn't actually track him for 40 hours, it was just 40 hours from the time Cecil was shot to the time his head was cut off. palmer probably went looking for elephant to kill during those 40 hours, after eating and sleeping, because he figured Cecil was mortally wounded and wouldn't be far away.

Just despicable.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:07 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Actually, after wounding Cecil, the guide and palmer left the area for the night, went home, had dinner, went to sleep.

They didn't actually track him for 40 hours, it was just 40 hours from the time Cecil was shot to the time his head was cut off. palmer probably went looking for elephant to kill during those 40 hours, after eating and sleeping, because he figured Cecil was mortally wounded and wouldn't be far away.

Just despicable.
Yeah, I wasn't sure he actually tracked him that long or not.

Agree about the despicable part.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:25 PM

482 posts, read 532,915 times
Quote:
[snip]
I know exactly what you meant, and so does everyone else. Never mind all of your emotionally saturated B.S., and song and dance moves. Just answer the simple question.

The fact is the guy had a legitimate tag to take an elephant. That he most likely paid tens of thousands of dollars for, to a government that allows it. And you claim it, "devastated your ass". Your words not mine. All I did is ask why? We know the answer is because you hate hunting and hunters, PERIOD. This regardless of how they go about it. Be it legal or illegal. You know it, and I know it. Stop trying to paint a different face on what and who you despise. All in order to make some half assed attempt at legitimizing your beef. That dog won't hunt.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 05:00 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
I know exactly what you meant, and so does everyone else. Never mind all of your emotionally saturated B.S., and song and dance moves. Just answer the simple question.

The fact is the guy had a legitimate tag to take an elephant. That he most likely paid tens of thousands of dollars for, to a government that allows it. And you claim it, "devastated your ass". Your words not mine. All I did is ask why? We know the answer is because you hate hunting and hunters, PERIOD. This regardless of how they go about it. Be it legal or illegal. You know it, and I know it. Stop trying to paint a different face on what and who you despise. All in order to make some half assed attempt at legitimizing your beef. That dog won't hunt.
My quote was "Devastated my ass" and anyone with more than a tadpole brain would know that I was referring to Bronkhorst's silly claim that Palmer was devastated about killing Cecil. Here, I will put a comma in that quote, so that you won't be so confused: "Devastated, my ass!" I mentioned the elephant to show that Palmer was already proposing his next kill. He wasn't devastated about killing that lion. He already had his mind on other things. THAT WAS MY POINT, [Mod cut.]. And stop with your pathetic theatrics and claims. If anyone has a song & dance it's you.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2015 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,885 times
Quote:
My quote was "Devastated my ass" and anyone with more than a tadpole brain would know that I was referring to Bronkhorst's silly claim that Palmer was devastated about killing Cecil. Here, I will put a comma in that quote, so that you won't be so confused: "Devastated, my ass!" I mentioned the elephant to show that Palmer was already proposing his next kill. He wasn't devastated about killing that lion. He already had his mind on other things. THAT WAS MY POINT, [snip]. And stop with your pathetic theatrics and claims. If anyone has a song & dance it's you.
BBM~~ I agree 100%

Underlined!! Yep..he quickly forgot about his arrow shot ( didn't bring down immediately) ..and wanted to move on..Simply he wanted a "Trophy" It's like having sex and not getting the prize, I guess for folks like this guy!! ..

No way around it..he was on a ego trip..wanted trophy and any regrets was AFTER the realizations of a BAD KILL....I say too bad so Sad...You kill it..hold the head and skin..YOU OWN IT!! Those guides actually were paid to do what they did ( disregarding the rules of that "National Park"..So too should be held accountable....

You would think since those rides lived there..knew full well by luring a male lion so close to boundary of "National Park (Protected)" knew full well..just what they were doing!! Kudo's for at least pointing out the depravity of high financially funded folk who have no regard for protected species..It's horrific...

Is it possible they WANT TO WIPE OUT this species?? You know to hedge their investment..Like the Trumpster would say?/ Hey..IF I have a trophy of a wild animal NOW extinct..What's it value?? SMH!!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2015 at 03:35 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 05:44 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,641,076 times
Quote:
My quote was "Devastated my ass" and anyone with more than a tadpole brain would know that I was referring to Bronkhorst's silly claim that Palmer was devastated about killing Cecil. Here, I will put a comma in that quote, so that you won't be so confused: "Devastated, my ass!" I mentioned the elephant to show that Palmer was already proposing his next kill. He wasn't devastated about killing that lion. He already had his mind on other things. THAT WAS MY POINT, troll. And stop with your pathetic theatrics and claims. If anyone has a song & dance it's you.
Totally agree, but I bet he is devastated by the resulting backlash.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:01 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Oh, so what you really are saying is that you are also a big game 'hunter' because you 'know all about it'.

Your last post is a virtual definition of a troll. Well, 'to thine own self be true', as they say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events