Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 10:29 AM

482 posts, read 533,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I would argue that people who care so passionately about life to belong to PETA are far more likely to be involved with groups that also work for human rights than the typical person blathering on a keyboard. Yes, I include myself in that last sentence
People who belong to outfits like PETA, are nothing more than over emotional nut cases, who have absolutely zero grip on reality. A bunch of totally unrealistic ideologues who don't have a clue...... Or for that matter, want one. The fact no one in their right mind takes them seriously, proves that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 AM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
People who belong to outfits like PETA, are nothing more than over emotional nut cases, who have absolutely zero grip on reality. A bunch of totally unrealistic ideologues who don't have a clue...... Or for that matter, want one. The fact no one in their right mind takes them seriously, proves that.
Sources for any of that? Or did you just forget to add "IMO"? I still believe facts would support my theory more so than yours, which sounds to me like "I don't like these people, therefore I refuse to even consider they contribute anything worthwhile to the world ", not exactly "proof" of anything.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:47 AM

50,814 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Sources for any of that? Or did you just forget to add "IMO"? I still believe facts would support my theory more so than yours, which sounds to me like "I don't like these people, therefore I refuse to even consider they contribute anything worthwhile to the world ", not exactly "proof" of anything.
I agree with petlover8...PETA people are totally unrealistic. They go waaaaaaay too far.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Yes.
I love animals (and humans!).
I actually don't think I'm superior just for being a person.
But PETA is nutbaggy to me.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with petlover8...PETA people are totally unrealistic. They go waaaaaaay too far.
I would agree with your statement, but it has nothing to do with the point I was making. My point was, and is, people who spend their time joining groups to help fight abuses towards animals are also probably (IMO) more likely to join groups that also fight for human rights as compared to keyboard warriors (including me) who grouse but don't actually go out and get our hands dirty...I would bet there are a lot of overlapping members in PETA and groups such as Amnesty. The point was that people who have such strong compassion for one group of living things usually extend their compassion beyond just that group. People who think if you value the lives of animals you can't also value human lives are misguided, JMO.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Sources for any of that?
Yeah, anywhere you want to look. Look at who are members. They read like the A-List of Hollywood nut cases. I had one of your "members" approach my wife and I walking into a restaurant some years back, when my wife was wearing her full length Norwegian Blue Fox coat I bought her as a wedding present. She yelled, and ran at my wife with something in her hand. I grabbed her by the hair and pulled her down to the side walk. The jar of ink she was carrying spilled all over.

These are the type of idiots that belong to your group. If that ink would have touched that coat, she would have been in the hospital, and I would have been in jail. As it was the cops showed up, and they left like the bunch of crazed nut cases they are.

Now, you tell me, how much better of a "source" do you need? Idiots all.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:43 AM

I should add I do support a different faction of PETA..... People Eating Tasty Animals.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:53 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
I should add I do support a different faction of PETA..... People Eating Tasty Animals.
How did the fox taste?

Old 08-15-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah, anywhere you want to look. Look at who are members. They read like the A-List of Hollywood nut cases. I had one of your "members" approach my wife and I walking into a restaurant some years back, when my wife was wearing her full length Norwegian Blue Fox coat I bought her as a wedding present. She yelled, and ran at my wife with something in her hand. I grabbed her by the hair and pulled her down to the side walk. The jar of ink she was carrying spilled all over.

These are the type of idiots that belong to your group. If that ink would have touched that coat, she would have been in the hospital, and I would have been in jail. As it was the cops showed up, and they left like the bunch of crazed nut cases they are.

Now, you tell me, how much better of a "source" do you need? Idiots all.
It still has nothing to do with my point. If you read my above post, you'd see I agreed with the poster that they go way too far. Again though that's not what we were discussing.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
If you read my above post, you'd see I agreed with the poster that they go way too far.
Then why do you support them? If you supported Safari Club International, you would be doing far more for animal conservation in Africa, than you would by belonging to idiot outfits like PETA who accomplish nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events