Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 06:04 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times

Advertisements

Blah, blah, blah. When you don't have an argument, resort to personal attacks.

(which YOU have done numerous times in this thread)

As for your argument that the meat sustains the local population, ha!

The local population has lived in Africa for hundreds of thousands of years...long before the great white hunters came for trophies and being so generous as to donate the meat. How did they ever survive all those thousands of years???

That excuse is just another twist on the White Man feeling superior to the native population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 07:17 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
That changes nothing.

Please explain to me how the African people survived and thrived before the advent of the Great White Hunter.

Of course the people will eat the meat. If someone offered to buy me a month's worth of groceries with no strings attached, I might take them up on their offer.

Your example is no different.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:47 AM

482 posts, read 532,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Please explain to me how the African people survived and thrived before the advent of the Great White Hunter.
I shouldn't have to if you possessed ANY knowledge of what you're talking about. Centuries ago there were no conservation laws or licensing requirements to take big game. Big game in Africa were hunted into endangerment by locals who killed whatever they saw, whenever they saw or needed it. Without any discrimination, conservation, or thought of habitat. Much the way Buffalo were hunted here in the 1800's. Even today poaching by locals is a serious danger to these animals well being. NOT by being professionally hunted. If all these locals were allowed to indiscriminately hunt anything and everything they chose, these animals would have been hunted to extinction decades, if not centuries ago.

Today all fish and game is managed by conservation laws. Both here as well as all over the world. You can no longer just kill whatever you want to, whenever you feel like. If you so much as cast a fishing line without a proper license, you'll be heavily fined, or even arrested.

What natives did in Africa 200 years ago has zero bearing on civilized life today in these African countries. Today there is no way locals in Africa could possibly afford a tag to hunt elephant, or even Buffalo. An elephant license can cost upward of over $50,000.00 US. The locals are dependent on whatever meat they can ranch, which is very limited. Most African natives have enough difficulty feeding themselves, let alone purchase feed for cattle. If it's even available in these remote African villages, which many times it is not.

You don't have a clue as to just how poor these people are. So when a wealthy, foreign big game hunter comes in and purchases an expensive tag, and kills a big animal, the meat is cherished because they receive it so infrequently. It's treated as a delicacy, as the photos I posted attest to. Again, all of this is well known fact. And it has been for decades. You would be doing yourself a favor, and at the same time not come off looking so ignorant, if you simply took the time to research it.

I can understand you not liking, or wanting to hunt. That is fine. But to keep going on the way you are, just proves your ignorance on the subject. Insulting hunters for what they do, just because you personally have zero knowledge of it, or else don't like it, is just a reflection on your lack of both knowledge and tolerance. You can simply say it isn't for you. That I have no problem respecting. But to keep carrying on the way you are, only makes you look foolish.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
Why is it "heartbreaking"? That's what is commonly done with dead animals. They skin them. Would it have been better if they threw it in the trash? Tell me, if you bought a car with leather interior, or a leather couch. Would you be just as "heartbroken" for the cows that were slaughtered and skinned to make it?
Yes it is. What's your problem? Btw my subject is on Cecil the lion and for that matter, yes I'm slamming the despicable Palmer, particularly him.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:32 AM

482 posts, read 532,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Yes it is. What's your problem? Btw my subject is on Cecil the lion and for that matter, yes I'm slamming the despicable Palmer, particularly him.
I don't object to "slamming" anyone who willingly committed a criminal act. However, Palmer himself has not been convicted of anything IN COURT as of yet. And at this point it seems doubtful he ever will be. That in itself doesn't mean he "got away with anything". What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? Don't you believe in that? Or do you prefer like most anti hunting types who lack fact, to convict him in the court of public opinion? That it seems, you've more than proven.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,598 times
Quote:
I don't object to "slamming" anyone who willingly committed a criminal act. However, Palmer himself has not been convicted of anything IN COURT as of yet. And at this point it seems doubtful he ever will be. That in itself doesn't mean he "got away with anything". What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? Don't you believe in that? Or do you prefer like most anti hunting types who lack fact, to convict him in the court of public opinion? That it seems, you've more than proven.
In this case, absolutely not. Perhaps you do, looks like we just have to agree to disagree.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:06 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
Quote:
No. You asked the moderator to close the thread because you have no rebuttal, and you're looking more foolish with every post you make. Just more of your silly, "poor Cecil" nonsense, and name calling of Palmer. Your "argument" is no argument. Just a bunch of emotional nonsense with zero substance, that has gone on unchallenged for the last 177+ pages.

Until I came along and p!ssed all over your little parade with factual information which I backed up. Then, as was so predictable, you want the thread closed. If you no longer wish to participate in the thread, THEN DON'T. It's just that simple. But as usual, your selfish, foolish behavior always reigns supreme. Why does that not surprise anyone? Your problem is you don't know how to quit when you're behind.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:47 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
You can have conservation without hunting.

Works all the time with many species of animal.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:51 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Also, to the argument that the economy is bettered by hunting...

There are countries where the economy is bettered bc of a thriving adult/child sex slave business.

Does not make it right.

Catering to sick, twisted sh**s is not the only way to survive. Sometimes it is merely the path of least resistance.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:00 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You can have conservation without hunting.

Works all the time with many species of animal.
No, it doesn't work with any of them. Conservation only exists when something is being depleted or has already been depleted. Conservation requires money and if there was enough money for conservation then hunting lions would not be allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events