Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 07:40 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,430,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Why do these millenials shoot up places when they realize they cant succeed at life. Why not just off yourself or do drugs like normal people. Pissening.
How many people have you just affected by your statement? Are you responsible now for anyone who comes across this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM

983 posts, read 996,738 times
It's clear to see this isn't about guns, at all. A gun was just the instrument.

This is about societal issues. These mass shooters lack social skills? Well, get off of the Internet, Facebook, Instagram, and start talking to real people.

Also, people need to start having more awareness of someone like this who could pop off and start reporting them. Yeah, I know, you report something to the police, and they yawn and say, "We can't do something until they actually do anything." This line of thinking has to change. After 9/11, if we saw something odd, someone reported it, and the person was investigated.

Obama can huff and puff all he wants to about guns, but he absolutely sticks his head in the sand about the bigger issues.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:54 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,050,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
What can you really do? This is a much bigger issue than guns in general. It's obvious that the people in that thread have some serious issues and feel it's perfectly fine, and even necessary, to commit heinous acts of violence.

That's what needs to be addressed.

You can ban guns 100% but it's not going to stop the train of though that was snowballing in that thread the OP posted. The hate is still going to exist.
The issue would not be so big if it wasn't so easy to kill a bunch of people because of firearms.

It would take skill to build a bomb or stab the same number of people.

With guns it's easy.

A loser like Lanza might have killed one or 2 kids before someone could have overpowered his pathetic weaselness. It would still be horrible thing but not near the scale that it was.

That's where the whole "you can kill that many people with a baseball bat" BS from the gun worshippers is proven to be just so incredibly stupid.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
I think the reason we're seeing all of the posts like were shown from 4chan is due to the disconnect from human face to face contact that millennials grew up with.
I'd bet most of the truly despicable comments would NEVER be said to someone's face but when behind a keyboard? Sure, it's anonymous after all and not to a "real" person from a "real" person.

We're seeing the downside of the tech revolution and I don't think it'll get any better anytime soon, especially when more and more tech is created to separate people from reality on a daily basis...

Old 10-02-2015, 08:06 AM

422 posts, read 413,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
How many people have you just affected by your statement? Are you responsible now for anyone who comes across this thread?

Would rather that then them taking innocents with them...

Old 10-02-2015, 08:09 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,598,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The issue would not be so big if it wasn't so easy to kill a bunch of people because of firearms.

With guns it's easy.

A loser like Lanza might have killed one or 2 kids before someone could have overpowered his pathetic weaselness. It would still be horrible thing but not near the scale that it was.

That's where the whole "you can kill that many people with a baseball bat" BS from the gun worshippers is proven to be just so incredibly stupid.
Guns are expensive, and so is ammo …

If it's true that an inexpensive baseball or a dirt cheap straightened paper clip is just as lethal as a gun … Why do the mass murderers choose guns … ???

Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

With guns it's easy.

It's easy to kill a bunch of people in gun free zones. That's the issue. A loser like Lanza might not have entered the school if he knew there was potentially someone else there that would kill him after only 1 or 2 kids. He knew those kids were easy targets. That's the issue.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:12 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,430,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Would rather that then them taking innocents with them...
First you want people to kill themselves and now you suggest the thought of killing innocents.

Don't you know everything you type on the internet comes true? When will this madness stop?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:30 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think the reason we're seeing all of the posts like were shown from 4chan is due to the disconnect from human face to face contact that millennials grew up with.
I'd bet most of the truly despicable comments would NEVER be said to someone's face but when behind a keyboard? Sure, it's anonymous after all and not to a "real" person from a "real" person.

We're seeing the downside of the tech revolution and I don't think it'll get any better anytime soon, especially when more and more tech is created to separate people from reality on a daily basis...
Yup. The power of anonymity. Everyone trying to be a comedian and not taking the threat seriously. It would be nice if the people on that thread could be identified somehow.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

I think there is some truth to what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, I love the advances made in technology, but too many people seem to have their faces buried in their smartphones these days, and actual face to face contact and communication skills have suffered. In regards to some of the comments posted here from that other forum! Totally sick, tasteless and classless! These people should be ashamed of themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events