Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 05:34 AM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times

Advertisements

ok so instead of a fence on the border fence all the schools and put a detector at entrances- set up TSA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 06:38 AM

50,945 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniTheGreat View Post
Let me clarify.. sometimes you want the ones just like you like in my case. I don't chase the 10s all the time and try to find the ones like me and message them and I still don't get any luck.. why is that? What can be the reason for someone tall, overall good looking to not get any at all even the ones he looks for that he feels are like himself? Are girls soft these days? It must be. They may be too into what the media tells them and I don't fit that popular man that's the media stereotype that many go after themselves. Something just seems wrong. I moved to a metro area with a good amount of singles and still feel I can't get anywhere here. I talk to one girl but she lives an hr away. I just don't get it at all though.
Brief stray...OLD is hard for everyone. I've been doing it on and off for years. I can't say why you're not getting answers but I would have someone objective like your sister or female co-worker look at your profile. Also have it as one tool in the toolbox but also join Meetups and other things where you meet people IRL.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:46 AM

50,945 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Looking back on it, I don't think the sense of entitlement was there either. I think the frustration and resentment were there though. At the same time, there was more optimism. This generation seems to back itself into a corner with a lot of things.
What gets me is they all talked about "Chads and Stacies", the cool kids, the good looking top tier kids, yet if you look at the people he shot, none of them fit this bill. He killed old people, fat people, all sorts of people, most of whom were just as far removed from the "cool kids" table as he was.

The real irony is he was actually good looking, but mentally he was a mess, and that is why he didn't get girls, not his looks. When the army kicks you out after a month something is wrong. His neighbor said he was constantly having tantrums over even tiny things. Not very many girls I know would want to get involved with such a person.

Many of these guys don't have male friends either, it's not just girls.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:55 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,850,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731

Those of us who got married in their 20's, really never experienced how tough it could be to meet people once we got older.
Don't you think that this guy gave off weird vibes???? Boy, I would run away from someone like this, as fast as my legs would go!!! This seems to be an epidemic, and some people really need help. Not only is there no respect for human life, in some cases......it does seem like a male hormone gone haywire.

Just because you are alone and life is a bummer at this moment in time, does not give you the license to kill people, because you are not happy, happy, happy. No one said life was easy. Get help; don't take it out on innocent people; that have their whole lives ahead of them.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:50 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,361,034 times
I was struck by the similarity of this with Adam Lanza
Quote:
"Mr. Harper-Mercer collected handguns and rifles, and he regularly went to a shooting range with his mother, said neighbors in Torrance, Calif., where the two lived until moving to Oregon in 2013. At a barbecue shortly before they left, Mr. Harper-Mercer spent hours talking with a next-door neighbor about guns and how he and his mother were excited to leave Los Angeles and get a fresh start."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/us...&nlid=48306928

Old 10-03-2015, 07:51 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,645,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
THIS.

And the problem is guns. Gun free zones are also massacre free zones.
Nope.

If I was one of these teacher, give me a gun and these F#cks would be put down immediately once they started their little childish rampage.

THE NINE ELEVEN TERRORISTS USED BOX CUTTERS. not guns. and as has been covered multiple times, guns on the black market will never go away. You'll just be taking away people's capability to protect themselves further. Why can't you people see the obvious?

People should call for action against those that encouraged this fool to do this. They all need a severe beating not to mention lengthy prison time. I'm all for calling bouncer brunos in the room to severely f#ck them up to the point of disability.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:17 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,850,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniTheGreat View Post
You describe me well. I am not the most awkward dork yet I feel like one because I feel alienated by society a lot plus I don't really like going to bars much anymore as I get older especially to get drunk. I'd rather spend that time home on the internet commenting on youtube or other areas. I just feel society is hopeless. I am 35, a late bloomer, moved out of my parents house less than a yr ago. I have felt lots of hurt and I am from the lost generation, the Nintendo generation on the cusp of the millennials. I didn't have the internet as a kid, I got it much later but when I did, it became an addiction because I kind of felt like a social outcast anyhow, even before the internet. I am tall, overall good looking but girls don't seem to see me as attractive and if they do, they never tell me. I seem intimidating to most actually. Its ****ing sick that a lot of us can be adults and this can still feel like high school just without the open cruelty. I'm not going to shoot anyone up but my god it has to get better.
Yeah, but seek help. You sound like a nice person. My heart has been broken, for 10 years......really broken. I found a church with a down to earth, Pastor. Some Sundays, it felt like he was speaking directly to me. We also have a female Pastor, that is a gem. There are other places, seek out places like Habitat for Humanity.....you will find love, or it will find you, when you least expect it.

We can't expect other people to take an immediate liking to us. Trying to think about the other guy or gal and knowing that hey, they may have sorrows, too. I think we get too wrapped up in our own lives, that we can not think outside the shadows of our minds. Try reaching out. Don't worry so much. Please seek help.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:25 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,876,906 times
Ya know, I am not super religious, but when I read things like some of the comments, spurring this idiot to do what he did, I realize the end isn't far off ! How did these people get to be the twisted way they are ????????????

The world gets scarier and sadder every day.

Don

Old 10-03-2015, 09:04 AM

32,033 posts, read 36,845,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Quote:
"Mr. Harper-Mercer collected handguns and rifles, and he regularly went to a shooting range with his mother, said neighbors in Torrance, Calif., where the two lived until moving to Oregon in 2013. At a barbecue shortly before they left, Mr. Harper-Mercer spent hours talking with a next-door neighbor about guns and how he and his mother were excited to leave Los Angeles and get a fresh start."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/us...&nlid=48306928
Mr. Harper-Mercer sounds like a good guy with a gun who turned into a bad guy with a gun.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:30 AM

88,679 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ya know, I am not super religious, but when I read things like some of the comments, spurring this idiot to do what he did, I realize the end isn't far off ! How did these people get to be the twisted way they are ????????????

The world gets scarier and sadder every day.

Don
What it is is that we begin to HOPE the end isn't far off. It has to do with aging, too. The more you see of the horror of life the easier it is to look forward to death. Not saying I want to die right now, but it's not so scary anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events