Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:00 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's easy to kill a bunch of people in gun free zones. That's the issue. A loser like Lanza might not have entered the school if he knew there was potentially someone else there that would kill him after only 1 or 2 kids. He knew those kids were easy targets. That's the issue.
And the slippery slope argument that trumps your insanity is that a person armed like him could have gotten the drop on an armed security guard who is working at a school easily if that was his goal. He killed himself, don't forget, so was willing to die.

What you'd have to end up is with a heavily armed guard in a bullet proof enclosed bunker in every school in the country, as opposed to some common sense about guns. Why? Because of Red Dawn fantasies and a bunch of powerless men who need to feel more powerful.....not far off from the perp in this case.

I'm not expecting it to ever change because the gun culture is so landed here in the US, and the Constitution is on the gun nuts side, but any person who isn't a complete gun fetishist knows what the issue is here. Disconnected losers on the internet is itself an issue, but not the main one. It just so happens that disconnected losers happen to be some of the most adamant gun fetishists with their false flag idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM

590 posts, read 714,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Why do these millenials shoot up places when they realize they cant succeed at life. Why not just off yourself or do drugs like normal people. Pissening.

because for some reason or another, they feel that they have been wronged by society, by others who are "popular" "successful" etc....whatever reason they can find to justify and rationalize their thoughts and behaviors. They then feel the need to make others feel what they feel....

Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Yup. The power of anonymity. Everyone trying to be a comedian and not taking the threat seriously. It would be nice if the people on that thread could be identified somehow.
Well, they CAN be--at least they can identify where the computer is located that a post was made from on that site, and that usually leads to the person who is on that computer--but I think there needs to be legal justification for it.

I got a questionable email at work one time and reported it, and about an hour later I got a call from the police asking for the message headers so that they could track down the computer and find the person who sent the message. That was email, but I'm pretty sure they can do the same with forum postings. City-Data can--they tell you that when you register.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, they CAN be--at least they can identify where the computer is located that a post was made from on that site, and that usually leads to the person who is on that computer--but I think there needs to be legal justification for it.

I got a questionable email at work one time and reported it, and about an hour later I got a call from the police asking for the message headers so that they could track down the computer and find the person who sent the message. That was email, but I'm pretty sure they can do the same with forum postings. City-Data can--they tell you that when you register.

A lot of these losers know how to hide behind proxy servers.

If they spent half the time they spent on computers actually trying to hone social skills, they might actually be able to get a girlfriend and not be so angry about how society ignores them.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:55 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
Wish I could see the post. Seems to be blocked here at work, or the page is inoperable.

Based on your comments here, posters, perhaps I should be glad I can't see it.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:33 AM

50,759 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Basically, in the pick up artist community it is a term for a guy who can't ever get with a somewhat desirable woman.
I disagree with the "somewhat desirable" part. Many of these guys could have girls if they stayed with girls who are at the same level of attractiveness/social skills as they are. But they want the "Stacies" as they say, the cheerleaders and other hot girls at school. This is the real problem.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:33 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Yup. The power of anonymity. Everyone trying to be a comedian and not taking the threat seriously. It would be nice if the people on that thread could be identified somehow.
They can be identified to and by the authorities … especially if the authorities are alerted ...

Some years back, in another discussion forum just a few years post 9-11, some creepy a**hole was carrying on about how he hated Gov. Jeb Bush more than Osama bin Laden, and he had a rifle and was a good shot and he lived not that far from Gov. Bush, etc., etc. …

Well … somebody ratted him out, resulting in the jerk having a very serious long interview with the Florida State Police … When the creep reappeared in the forum a few months later, he was really really pi**ed off at having been ratted out …

But you know what … ??? Tough sh*t, cookie …
If you don't want your words (and the thoughts and feelings behind them) to be taken seriously ... then … SHUT … UP …

But in the cases of the jerks who apparently reportedly encouraged the Oregon shooter to go through with his plan … They should be arrested and tried for Conspiracy to Commit Mass Murder … (It's like standing up in a crowded theater and shouting, "FIRE !!!" … Sorry, psychopath creeps … You're not allowed to do that …)

Old 10-02-2015, 11:04 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Due to our society's focus on short term sexual qualifications over long term partnership qualifications we have a much larger subculture of "lost boys" than we used to have in the past and we have not yet learned how to deal with these people. Until we do, we are going to see more of this sort of thing. Remember, 40 years ago gun laws were more lax than they are today and we didn't see this sort of thing nearly as often. New gun laws may or may not stop these things from happening in the future(I tend to think not) but it will not get to the root of the problem that is causing the shootings to happen in the first place.

When we decided to completely do away with our traditional morals and family structure, we were inviting all sorts of unintended consequences that we simply did not want to deal with and this is one of them. These people we reject for no longer having a place in the new society don't just go away. They fester, they hurt, they congregate in the underbelly of the internet and sometimes they lash out. There seems to be a push to substitute an erosion of rights for an attempt at finding a solution to the problem. We'll see how that works out.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:06 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
The FBI needs to go and arrest every single person on that chat thread and throw them all in jail for life. They CAN BE TRACED. Are you F-ING KIDDING ME??????? POS'S!!!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's easy to kill a bunch of people in gun free zones. That's the issue. A loser like Lanza might not have entered the school if he knew there was potentially someone else there that would kill him after only 1 or 2 kids. He knew those kids were easy targets. That's the issue.
Gun free zones will work if they are enforced for everybody. Commercial passenger jets and airport terminals as we know are highly secured. As a result we don't have shootings taking place there.

We're going to have to accept a new world full of metal detectors, surveillance cameras, security guards, and more. But hey, that opens up a world of new jobs. With modern network technology and smartphones, you could have a couple of security guards covering a large area. They could monitor metal detectors and cameras with a smartphone app, stuff like that. It could be done cost efficiently I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events