Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 10:21 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Nope.

If I was one of these teacher, give me a gun and these F#cks would be put down immediately once they started their little childish rampage.
So your tactical superiority is based upon your ability to approach someone who has already begun their actions. But what if your vision of such a scenario is based upon you being caught off guard, you doing something like teaching perhaps? I would suspect that you would be just as dead as a result. Macho bloviating solves nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 10:22 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,889 times
You and every other redneck say the same thing. "MY shooting is perfect, I'll put the bullet between the perps eyes without injuring any bystanders".

Quote:
If I was one of these teacher, give me a gun and these F#cks would be put down immediately once they started their little childish rampage.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:22 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
Neither does gun control.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:25 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
If gun control worked, why not just confiscate all guns from gang member and other criminals?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:39 AM

722 posts, read 1,327,943 times
Originally Posted by Mikelee81
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
You and every other redneck say the same thing. "MY shooting is perfect, I'll put the bullet between the perps eyes without injuring any bystanders".
typical redneck tough guy response, they always say stuff like if I was there I would of done this or that, etc.

I coulda, woulda, shouda, done this, etc. , Doesnt mean anything now, it's easy to say what they woulda of should have done after it's all over.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Nope.

Cept when one of the snowflakes catches you off guard and shoots you first.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
This kid had 15 guns. Mom sees nothing, says nothing? Like the Newtown, Ct. mom, her kid was mentally unstable, you could see it in his pictures like a bright red flag waving and she says, "Hey let's go to the gun range and shoot some pistols." I mean, this woman wasn't intellectually "dumb," but what is going on?? Your kid is unstable and he's around guns. See no problem, hear no problem?? It starts w/ the parents. These parents I don't know what to say. It starts w/ the family. If the family doesn't see it or help, then society pays the price.

Underlying issue is the kid has no mentor. His parents are "out to lunch." I'm sure there were plenty of warning signs. His lack of girlfriend, popularity, whatever else is NOT the issue. It could be any issue coming up. We all have issues, but most of us know how to process our "wounds" and not take it out on society. THese young males don't have the mentorship to help them see things in a different light. The only thing they have is to "show they're a man," by coming in w/ guns blazing killing people. If you have a strong support system, you don't act out. Or, it's minimized at least in ways not to cause such carnage onto society.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 10-03-2015 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-03-2015, 02:42 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
This kid had 15 guns. Mom sees nothing, says nothing? Like the Newtown, Ct. mom, her kid was mentally unstable, you could see it in his pictures like a bright red flag waving and she says, "Hey let's go to the gun range and shoot some pistols." I mean, this woman wasn't intellectually "dumb," but what is going on?? Your kid is unstable and he's around guns. See no problem, hear no problem?? It starts w/ the parents. These parents I don't know what to say. It starts w/ the family. If the family doesn't see it or help, then society pays the price.

Underlying issue is the kid has no mentor. His parents are "out to lunch." I'm sure there were plenty of warning signs. His lack of girlfriend, popularity, whatever else is NOT the issue. It could be any issue coming up. We all have issues, but most of us know how to process our "wounds" and not take it out on society. THese young males don't have the mentorship to help them see things in a different light. The only thing they have is to "show they're a man," by coming in w/ guns blazing killing people. If you have a strong support system, you don't act out. Or, it's minimized at least in ways not to cause such carnage onto society.
The number of guns someone owns is not an indicator of anything. I own quite a few guns. Doesn't mean I'm unstable. That said, this guy had a number of flags flying, other than the fact he owned guns, alone. Having washed out of the Army, not even getting through boot, being a biggy. Exactly what his malfunction was, there's no information, and the Army will cut someone loose , who's a total psyche case, on a general discharge, with no following record. I'd be interested to know what the story is there.

His social media ramblings , certainly, had an odor, as does his whole life record. I had brought up his service discharge as an issue , in another thread. Thing is, I believe a LOT of people like him get dumped by the Armed Forces, on an unwitting , civilian population. A dishonorable discharge is grounds to disqualify one from firearms ownership. But, many , who should be drummed out thus, are done under "less than honorable" or just general status. Nor do any but the very worst have any records, public ones, that follow them out.

There should be more...disclosure...regarding reasons someone is disqualified from or let go from, service. Some of these types ARE genuianally dangerous. They scare the Armed Forces, they should scare us civvys. They do scare me. And, there's a LOT of them out there. I , personally, know one individual, who deserted, during Viet Nam, who changes hiss SS # and identity, and didn't get caught till recently. My ex BIL. All they did was amend his DD214 to "less than honorable". Pretty sad. So, I think certain aspects of discharge from service could be a place to start looking for nut cases like this. Many SHOULD be disqualified from owning firearms, and would be, IF the system were more thorough.

I'm not talking about people who just aren't cut out for service. I'm talking about the nut cases, that just get dumped back into civilian life because they are genuianally spooky.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:03 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Neither does gun control.
Is that because "stuff happens?"

Old 10-03-2015, 04:49 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
So your tactical superiority is based upon your ability to approach someone who has already begun their actions. But what if your vision of such a scenario is based upon you being caught off guard, you doing something like teaching perhaps? I would suspect that you would be just as dead as a result. Macho bloviating solves nothing.
Never fails that the keyboard kommandos show up though. Its easy to say "I would a done xyz" when you're not actually in the given situation. Reality is quite different than perception. One can train and condition ones whole life, a d when the balloon goes up for real, all of it goes out the window. Things are NEVER the same as someone might envision them as being.

So, for anyone to say "I woulda done xyz and ended the show"....well, as you said, it just so much bloviating. Thinking about what you might do in a life or death situation, a d what you will actually do in that situation, are two different things. The adrenaline a d whole range of things that come crashing down when its for real, tur s everything upside down and inside out Then there's the aftermath. All the second guessing and questioning yourself. A whole wide , nasty, world of crap suddenly opens up. Even the most justified cases of self defense will leave a person physically a d mentally drained, from all the conflicting emotions.

So, yea, the armchair tactical whizzes should give it a rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events