Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:03 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,112,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
But in this case she even admitted it. There's an excerpt in her book where she talks about dragging him around by his hoodie after punching him to the ground. She deserves to be outed as domestic abuser just like any other public figure would be.
Please...if your woman beats your ass, you **** and get on with life.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:49 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,166,948 times
Why? Because she's a women that's why!

Old 11-03-2015, 10:45 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,806,318 times
If she decided to choke me out using her legs, I wouldn't tap, I might even beg her to do it.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 AM

7,088 posts, read 9,007,204 times
Who the hell would ever date her in the first place?

Old 11-04-2015, 09:54 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,553,849 times
I don't know the details of this particular relationship, but I agree with the sentiment that women abusers need to be called out too. There's no reason other than self defense for anyone to punch anyone else. If he did take naked pictures of her without her consent, then that might be another exception to the rule in my book. Depends on what he did with the photos, I guess. If he showed them to anyone else, or even just threatened to, then that's a sexual assault IMHO.

Some of us women get away with too much. I know women who berate their man, call them names, attack their manhood, all while screaming an inch from their face. They even get away with physically hitting them as long as they don't leave a conspicuous mark. Then the minute the man physically restrains them to get them to stop, the police take the woman's side. There are some psycho biotches out there!

It used to be that the cops always took the man's side because it's the man's right to do whatever he pleases in his home. He's the boss. Now to make up for the past, it seems the pendulum has swung too far the other way.

I don't know exactly how to accomplish it, but we need to find a happy medium. When it's his word against hers, that's a tough call for a responding police officer, or really anyone else who wasn't there when it happened, to make.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:17 AM

5,886 posts, read 3,329,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I don't know the details of this particular relationship, but I agree with the sentiment that women abusers need to be called out too. There's no reason other than self defense for anyone to punch anyone else. If he did take naked pictures of her without her consent, then that might be another exception to the rule in my book. Depends on what he did with the photos, I guess. If he showed them to anyone else, or even just threatened to, then that's a sexual assault IMHO.

Some of us women get away with too much. I know women who berate their man, call them names, attack their manhood, all while screaming an inch from their face. They even get away with physically hitting them as long as they don't leave a conspicuous mark. Then the minute the man physically restrains them to get them to stop, the police take the woman's side. There are some psycho biotches out there!

It used to be that the cops always took the man's side because it's the man's right to do whatever he pleases in his home. He's the boss. Now to make up for the past, it seems the pendulum has swung too far the other way.

I don't know exactly how to accomplish it, but we need to find a happy medium. When it's his word against hers, that's a tough call for a responding police officer, or really anyone else who wasn't there when it happened, to make.
I hated domestic calls. There was many times I felt someone was being dishonest. The problem is if you are wrong and someone kills their partner you will lose your job. Many times they were involved in a divorce proceeding and they know call the cops at any chance. Get the reports and then you get your spouse thrown out of the house by the judge. Yes of course the police need to be there if someone is legitimately being abused. It is what it is. The OJ Simpson case change DV calls in America forever. The reports are so extensive now. You even have to ask if their are guns in the house and if there are then you have to confiscate them. Again me as the PO I am not risking my job because I have any opinion on an incident.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 AM

36,904 posts, read 31,169,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
UFC Fighter*Ronda Rousey’s Ex-BF Blames Domestic Violence For Break Up, Says He Was Terrified Of Her!!! |

Timothy DiGorrio, former boyfriend of UFC fighter Ronda Rousey, claims domestic violence was the reason for their break up earlier this year. He claims Rousey was verbally and physically abusive towards him. “She lowered my self-esteem and she’d beat me to a pulp. I was at times, terrified” claims DiGorrio
Was there proof like a police report? Perhaps they need something other than hearsay. IDK.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:46 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,608,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post

Maybe -- even in the most intimate relationships -- we should respect and care for and defer to the partner as much as is possible … ???

Old 11-04-2015, 01:58 PM

35,280 posts, read 31,638,088 times
Why does this come out months later after Rousey has had a few public black eyes?

Old 11-04-2015, 06:35 PM

169 posts, read 170,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Well lets be honest he took naked pictures of her when she had no idea that he was doing it. She found it on his cellphone and kicked his ass. No it does not excuse her hitting him however its more complicated than she just decided to beat him up.
you pretty much said he deserved it...which if you're really a retired police....wow. when Chris Brown beat up Rihanna were the first words from you, "Let's be honest.

Domestic violence is domestic violence. I would have respected your comment more if you'd just said, "Let's be honest, there's a double standard."

Last edited by twiggidy; 11-04-2015 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events