Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:45 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,044,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Well lets be honest he took naked pictures of her when she had no idea that he was doing it. She found it on his cellphone and kicked his ass. No it does not excuse her hitting him however its more complicated than she just decided to beat him up.
So if the situation had been reversed and she took pictures of him without knowing it you would be fine with him beating up on her?

Old 11-04-2015, 06:48 PM

169 posts, read 170,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I don't know the details of this particular relationship, but I agree with the sentiment that women abusers need to be called out too. There's no reason other than self defense for anyone to punch anyone else. If he did take naked pictures of her without her consent, then that might be another exception to the rule in my book. Depends on what he did with the photos, I guess. If he showed them to anyone else, or even just threatened to, then that's a sexual assault IMHO.

Some of us women get away with too much. I know women who berate their man, call them names, attack their manhood, all while screaming an inch from their face. They even get away with physically hitting them as long as they don't leave a conspicuous mark. Then the minute the man physically restrains them to get them to stop, the police take the woman's side. There are some psycho biotches out there!

It used to be that the cops always took the man's side because it's the man's right to do whatever he pleases in his home. He's the boss. Now to make up for the past, it seems the pendulum has swung too far the other way.

I don't know exactly how to accomplish it, but we need to find a happy medium. When it's his word against hers, that's a tough call for a responding police officer, or really anyone else who wasn't there when it happened, to make.
that's a stretch....invasion of privacy. yep. sexual harassment. very likely. Assault? i think even the retired police on here would agree that by definition to sexually assault someone (male or female) you have to physically contact them. The Erin Andrews stalker who video taped her went to jail for "stalking" not sexual assault, although i think he did have to register as a sexual offender

on the other hand, i highly agree with the rest of your post. there is a double standard. he likely didn't pursue it hard because A) he may have been scared B) he may have been embarrassed

Old 11-04-2015, 06:48 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,360,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Who the hell would ever date her in the first place?
Have you seen her body, who wouldn't?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:13 PM

5,868 posts, read 3,319,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
So if the situation had been reversed and she took pictures of him without knowing it you would be fine with him beating up on her?
Please read my statement where I said there was no excuse.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,044,396 times
Quote:
Please read my statement where I said there was no excuse.
If you truly believed that there was no excuse then why bring up the picture part of it?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:38 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,150,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Because she is a classic but-a-face? Compare the pre-fight and during-fight photos (i.e., with and without makeup), and be amazed by the power of makeup.

Mick

Old 11-04-2015, 08:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,178,037 times
Quote:
I hated domestic calls. There was many times I felt someone was being dishonest. The problem is if you are wrong and someone kills their partner you will lose your job. Many times they were involved in a divorce proceeding and they know call the cops at any chance. Get the reports and then you get your spouse thrown out of the house by the judge. Yes of course the police need to be there if someone is legitimately being abused. It is what it is. The OJ Simpson case change DV calls in America forever. The reports are so extensive now. You even have to ask if their are guns in the house and if there are then you have to confiscate them. Again me as the PO I am not risking my job because I have any opinion on an incident.
Good insight. I knew cops hated domestics because of the volatility, but I didn't know about the risk to your career if you made a decision not to arrest and someone died. In Nevada, on a domestic, they have to arrest someone. It doesn't matter if it's the man or the woman- somebody is going to jail.

They did this partially to allow for a cool down period from what I understand.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
If you truly believed that there was no excuse then why bring up the picture part of it?
Simply because that's the reason for the argument. No it is NOT AN EXCUSE to hurt someone. However it is the reason that this happened. Also why do you think he didn't call the police? Yes because he is a man and didn't want to say he was beaten by a woman. Also he knows that by taking unauthorized naked pictures of a woman that he is committing a crime. Don't understand why you are trying to start an argument. Again I say in front of this whole board that there is no excuse for her beating him up.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Good insight. I knew cops hated domestics because of the volatility, but I didn't know about the risk to your career if you made a decision not to arrest and someone died. In Nevada, on a domestic, they have to arrest someone. It doesn't matter if it's the man or the woman- somebody is going to jail.

They did this partially to allow for a cool down period from what I understand.
They don't even have to kill the other person. An assault alone will put a cop out of a job. The way it is now any DV that has any elements of a crime is a MUST ARREST.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:04 PM

7,085 posts, read 8,991,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
She has the body of a female Olympic athelete with a DDR across her chest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events