Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:19 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,936,070 times

Advertisements

I thought Ronda Rousey was a boy!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:33 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,199,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I thought Ronda Rousey was a boy!
Thank you for making such a thoughtful contribution to the topic at hand.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:49 AM

78,969 posts, read 61,148,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
So her physical actions were against her man betraying her, essentially by a sexual assault ...
So then he should have jacked her in the face with a golf club like Tiger Woods wife did?

Old 11-05-2015, 03:17 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,579,481 times
Because it wouldn't be PC and would not further the feminist agenda in this country.

The Chinese simply cannot wait to annex these "united" states of America.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Because it wouldn't be PC and would not further the feminist agenda in this country.

The Chinese simply cannot wait to annex these "united" states of America.

Don't stop taking your medication unless your doctor recommends it.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:18 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,362,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Why? Probably because he's also a trained fighter, he never told anyone about this alleged abuse or documented any evidence of it, and bitter EXes are hardly reliable when it comes to the moral character of the person who broke up with them. And it's not like he was a househusband with no income or prospects, feeling forced to stay in an abusive relationship because he would be homeless and penniless without his abuser. Rousey is an exceptional fighter and physically imposing, to be sure, but she's not the Hulk. Part of why she's so dominant in the octagon is because she's fighting other women and there are rules. If I were fighting off Rousey in a home or other non-regulated setting and she got a hold of my arm I would stick my thumb in her eye, or bite her, or pick her up and slam her, or anything.

I chock this up to a loser looking for his 15 minutes.
Unless you have a background in professional fighting I'd say it's easier said than done.

She said it herself that she spars with males. Also, if you did get lucky enough to slam her and that doesn't knock her out... Uh-oh! LoL.

I agree with you about her ex being bitter and looking for attention, but fighting is alot harder than what you insinuated.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:23 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,547,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Unless you have a background in professional fighting I'd say it's easier said than done.

She said it herself that she spars with males. Also, if you did get lucky enough to slam her and that doesn't knock her out... Uh-oh! LoL.

I agree with you about her ex being bitter and looking for attention, but fighting is alot harder than what you insinuated.
LOL, plus if MordinSolus doesn't follow the rules, who says Ronda will either? Men have as many vulnerable spots as women, plus one very important additional spot.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:31 PM

469 posts, read 400,474 times
Well, if you read her account of it, she slapped him across the face for the nude picture-taking, and tried to leave. He refused to let her go and blocked her from leaving, which is when she started kicking his ass. Refusing to let someone leave is kidnapping and she is legally justified in kicking his ass if he tries to detain her against her will.

The first slap, however, could have been chargeable I suppose.

I don't have a problem with her slapping him across the face for taking nude pictures of her without her permission. Call it a double standard if you like. It's also a double standard that nude pictures of her would have ruined her career, while if she took nude pictures of him everyone would be "Meh".

Old 11-05-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You don't need a background in professional fighting to stick your thumb in someone's eye or slam them on the ground.

Quote:
Sparring and actual fighting are very different. And a knock out would hardly be the goal if Rousey was trying to break your arm in two. The obvious goal would be to get her the hell off of your arm.

Quote:
I'm not talking about fighting the way you are. I'm talking about defending yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
LOL, plus if MordinSolus doesn't follow the rules, who says Ronda will either? Men have as many vulnerable spots as women, plus one very important additional spot.
I can walk off a shot to the groin(my balls aren't even as sensitive as most men's seem to be) but it would be a lot harder to keep fighting after someone takes out your eyeball.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 PM

9,692 posts, read 7,434,936 times
because he proberly deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events